Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

wow - not sure what happened to that post. Does anyone else get a smilie face between every letter when they try and edit? I tried to edit the above post and it went all weird, took out my parragraphs and put them all together with those funny marks.

anyone a computer wiz and can explain this?

cindy...I totally agree with you one the emotional eating. Heard a quote yesterday that I'm going to post on my refer:

"THE ABILITY TO FINISH IS ONLY ACHIEVED WHEN YOUR COMMITMENT IS STRONGER THAN YOUR EMOTIONS"

--Bill Wilson, Metro Ministries, New York--

nbjen...CONGRATS! thanks for share your big day, really helps to have a real life account of what to expect. Look forward to hearing that each day is better and better! I didn't catch if you said which hospital? happy healing!

Thanks for the welcome ladies. Maybe I worded my previous post wrong. I'm only eating mushies, but I think I can eat alot of them. As far as my surgeon post op directions, they want you to do 2 weeks of liquids, then 2 weeks of mushies, then the next 2 weeks you are transitioning to regular food, just small bites and chew very well. I thought I should only be able to eat 1/4-1/2 cup of food and I'm sure I'm eating at least 1 cup. I don't drink with my meals and I eat slowly even though there isn't alot of chewing going on. I'm sure I"m just being impatient. I just recovered so quickly from the surgery (had it 4/16 and mowed the lawn 4/19) I guess I'm rushing things a bit. Thanks for the posts.

Hi All,

Just heading out to buy more Protein Powder and get my first fill! I'll let you all know how it goes.

DRUTH, sorry about getting all soap-boxy on you.....glad you were just worried about how much liquid and mushies you were eating.....I think that's pretty normal when you don't have any restriction yet. You can drink tons of liquid, popcycles, mush. I know I can down several SF popcycles in a sitting.

nbjen....hang in there...every day is better.

Everyone else!!!!! Are we walking Friday again or what!!??

Talk to you all soon.

Merrillee

Nbjen you did so awesome! I can only imagine how I'll be a little freaked out when they put me under. Thank you for posting your experience. I hope I will be getting there soon. I am still waiting on a reply from dh's employer. Keep us all posted on your progress!

Name the time on Friday, lets say Tacoma Mall because then we don't have to worry about weather. Is 10:00am to early?

OK, had my first fill this afternoon. Didn't hurt at all. I think they use a topical numbing agent first. I didn't look.... Anyway. Dr. Hirai added 2cc's to my 10cc band, then had me sit in the waiting room and drink 3 cups of Water. It is definitely a new sensation. I could chug water before. I had to sip....and I burped a LOT. I could feel it going through that little bit at a time, like through a funnel. But I got all the water down and it got easier toward the end. Since I hadn't had any Protein since morning, I mixed some up on the way home and sipped it. I did fine. Just have to do it slower.

So, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Yippee.

Merrillee

This morning when I was at Dr. Oh's and there was a girl who got her first fill. She couldn't get even one cup down without throwing it up. They took her back in to take some out and then she could get it down. It was good to see that so I know what to expect. There was also a lady who had to have her band taken out because she eroded her esphogus after losing 90 pounds, bummer. the waiting room is the best place to get information and find out what works and what doesn't. I had plenty of time since I waited for an hour!

There was another girl who had a fill last week and was there to get more since she didnn't feel any restriction. Interresting . . .

Merrillee - let's plan on meeting at Starbucks, 10:am, at the Tacoma mall. There are a few tables there so I should be easy to spot . . . tall, short blond hair, and rather large.

Is anyone else going to come??????? We will be walking!

Hi ya'all.... I just found these boards... I'm gonna go back over the next few days and read this WHOLE thread..... looks like it started back in 2004 :omg: so, I've got some catchin up to do

sue - I'm okay with changing it to 11:00 if that works better for you. Are you okay with that Merrillee?

welcome shellmar! Sounds like things are moving fast for you. It seems that there are quite a few here who go to NWWLS for their bands. Good luck!

Hi everyone :)

It's nice to see so many nw wash peeps :girl_hug: I am in Gig Harbor, so all you Tacoma area folks are really close by. If you all start a regular walking group I may come across the bridge once in a while to walk with all of you.

Wenjea, Sue, I'm definitely good with 11:00 on Friday. WATERLILLY! Gig Harbor! Me too! Join us on Friday! at 11:00 at the mall! AND if you want to chat in the meantime, let me know. I work at home so I'm here for ya!!!!

Merrillee

Hi Molly, Cpngrats on you weight loss! I'm in Tacoma

We will probably be walking down on Grandview when the weather becomes reliable, meeting at Tacoma Mall at present. We have a 2.5 mile walk around the new golf course opening this Saturday.

Who's you doc?