Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Never Ever Ever Eating Again!

Hey y'all. I was released to get soft mushy foods yesterday. I was soo excited. You would have thought my little can of tuna and lo fat mayo was a Iron Chef meal. I ate 4/5 fork full w/ a baby fork. At first I was okay- but then I had the worlds worst reaction. No thanks!! I'll drink broth for life! J/k

What was your first soft/mushy food? Did you have a similar experience?

I lived on refried Beans for a while with a little grated cheese on the top. About 1/2 cup.....water down very much....eat s-l-o-w-l-y. I had a bad experience with tuna and mayo (I think it was too oily?) gave me bad diarrhea right at mushy stage.....If you are going to eat fish....I would bake some kind of white fluffy fish. Don't add too much grease.....and kind of mush it up. Prob would go down better than the tuna/mayo.

I'm coming up on the mushy stage and I can hardly wait ... I think I'm doing a little happy dance just thinking about it. I'm planning on lots of scrambled eggs and cottage cheese unless someone scares me off on it. I love tuna salad, but I'll be watching out for that.

Thanks for the warning!

CC

Try making some egg salad. It was so tasty back then! I couldn't eat tuna for a few weeks either.

When starting the mushy foods eat SLOW. Take tiny bites. Chew, Chew, Chew. Have you tried scrambled eggs? Its not really good for you.. but I loved canned cornd beef hash at that stage. Also, try the tuna again in a day. the sleeve is a fickle beast. Hate something one day and love it the next.

I don't like eggs. Just the site of scrambled eggs makes my skin crawl. I can maybe sometimes eat a little boiled egg.

I had been so looking forward to cottage cheese when I came up on mushies...and then I tasted it and ran for the bathroom. Sleevie & I still don't see eye to eye sometimes. I lived on shredded chicken and mayo during mushies. I also ate scrambled eggs nearly every morning. Other than that I couldn't tolerate much.

I've found my taste buds changed since surgery (I'm 13 weeks out). Yogurt and cottage cheese still taste bad to me. I had a small bite of banana bread over the holidays and had to spit that out too. I do crave broccoli (go figure) and meat now (specifically steak). I have a little ice cream several nights a week to satisfy the sweet cravings I still get daily.

Listen to your body, but don't be afraid, like BrownDoesAll said, to try it again in a few days. Sometimes Sleevie can just be temperamental!

I am still on liquids, but am allowed to have a cracker broken up in my Soup, and oatmeal that is thinned. I have minced broccoli and added it to Soup.< /p>

So far I have not had any problems but am still not able to try meat. When I graduate to solids, I think I will try a diced boiled egg with a bit of dressing on it. That is calling my name, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I don't eat tuna or mayo.< /p>

I tried a fried egg over easy as my first mushie. I could only eat a couple bites and then it was done. It tasted really good. Loved it. I did try tuna and struggled with it. chicken shreded also struggled with it. Not now though! ;)

I am finishing up my 3rd week & am on soft foods. I like greek yougart, Soups, chili (but really chew or blend it), I also like ovengold turkey from the deli with laughing cow light cheese. Just don't eat much at a time!

Hey y'all. I was released to get soft mushy foods yesterday. I was soo excited. You would have thought my little can of tuna and lo fat mayo was a Iron Chef meal. I ate 4/5 fork full w/ a baby fork. At first I was okay- but then I had the worlds worst reaction. No thanks!! I'll drink broth for life! J/k What was your first soft/mushy food? Did you have a similar experience?

LOL!! No worries, your experience was not uncommon. I took getting into my foods very slowly. I didn't want to push too much, I knew (especially since I was a revision patient) that my risks for leaks would increase if I tried to.

In the beginning I really only tried eggs. I don't know why but they worked for me and the Protein made me feel so good. I didn't have any tuna until about 5-6 weeks out. I stuck with pureed chicken a lot too in the beginning. Good luck! You will figure it out. If you have to substitute only one meal a day to break into solids for a few days. Also, what your sleevie doesn't like today may work next week. Just have to keep going back and trying again. :)

Applesauce went right through me the first time I tried it on the pureed stage. Ugh. I ate a lot of cream of chicken Soup during that time, I couldn't look at that red & white can after awhile. My favorite was softly scrambled egg... I couldn't come close to eating a whole egg but MAN was it good after liquids!

How about a pureed white bean and rosemary Soup?

cottage cheese and applesauce.

tuna with mayo

bean and bacon campbells Soup

pureed chicken with chicken broth

Protein smoothie with strawberries

yogurt

pureed hot and sour soup (i was craving FLAVOR)