Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Scared, Don't Have That Same "non Hungry" Feeling...

So I am officially seven months out and down 60 lbs. I am down from a size 18 to a size 8. Life is good. BUT, I've been noticing that I don't have the same feeling of not being hungry as I did before. I'm really scared. I know its the holidays and I must admit, I have been gnoshing like crazy on things like goat cheese and fig spread, usualy holiday foods and wine... that damn wine.

In the last two weeks I've gained 4lbs and I'm freaking out.

I need to step up the excercise...this I know. I really don't want to lose that much more weight but, honestly, another 15 to 20 and I'd be at goal.

Don't know what to do.

Is it actual hunger or head hunger? The two can easily be confused in my opinion. I know many people have said though that hte hunger returns, not for everyone but for some. FOr me, I don't feel normal hunger but I feel that empty hunger that tells me I HAVE to eat.

Ultimately I would not stress too much, the holidays are nearing an end and less food will be around, just get your Protein first and go from there.

Having the same struggle. I like what sasicas said. Yest the holidays are coming to an end and I won't have all the bad foods around. I am going to sit down with my family and ask them to not bring home the junk food. I have been munching on the junk since Xmas. Yesterday was a horrible day. I found myself automatically reaching for some junk. Today my weight went up. Also decided I need to stop the gatorade due to high sodium and use crystal light as recommended by a member on our forum. Also will kick up my exercise starting today. ;)

It has been stressed to me many times (my extremely successful sleevers) that the key is to stay away from the old food alltogether. Some disagree! But "protien first" is a mantra that I will try my best to sick to. Protien has always made me fuller, longer...

I'm six months out, and my hunger never went away entirely, though it's not as bad as it used to be pre-op. The last few weeks I've been hungry more often, and I'm also finding it's more important for me to make sure I'm eating dense Protein. I had tuna and cottage cheese for lunch yesterday and it really didn't keep me satisfied for very long. On the other hand, I had one of my favorite dinners last night - a couple of turkey meatballs with a bit of Tomato sauce and lf cheese. I could only eat 1.5 of the meatballs.

It's easy to get off track with temptations at the holidays, but if you go back to watching your carbs and focusing on dense protein, you can get to goal! Congratulations on your progress! I replaced my size 10s with size 8s a couple of weeks ago too - it's a fabulous feeling, isn't it? biggrin5.gif

I have been absent from the forum for a very long time and it is nice to be back. I guess I was feeling confident and happy with my progress and did not find the need to be on here as much. Well, sad to say I have relapsed. I have not lost anything in about 8 weeks. I have been eating junk...mainly carbs. Not only have I not lost weight, but I do feel sluggish and weak again. I am proud of my accomplishments...I started as a size 28 and I am down to an 18....but I have so far to still go, so I am back to the forums, and I will begin again following the rules of Protein, and for me, I also need to stop drinking with my meals. I hope it is not too late and that my stomach has not grown back. Good luck to us all! :)

I'm in a similar boat. I lost 55 pounds, then started eating crap around Halloween time and haven't lost a single pound since halloween. Since the beginning of the year, I decided I'm getting back on the boat. I started working out again, and eating Protein first and staying away from the junk. I ended up having to go through the whole sugar withdrawal thing again which sucked, but I'm mostly through it and back on track. I'll support you and we'll make it through!!

I have been absent from the forum for a very long time and it is nice to be back. I guess I was feeling confident and happy with my progress and did not find the need to be on here as much. Well, sad to say I have relapsed. I have not lost anything in about 8 weeks. I have been eating junk...mainly carbs. Not only have I not lost weight, but I do feel sluggish and weak again. I am proud of my accomplishments...I started as a size 28 and I am down to an 18....but I have so far to still go, so I am back to the forums, and I will begin again following the rules of Protein, and for me, I also need to stop drinking with my meals. I hope it is not too late and that my stomach has not grown back. Good luck to us all! smile.png

I am definately in the same boat.

I find I am hungry a lot of the time. I am not feeling the same restriction I felt a month ago and it's frightening to me.

I am conscious of everything I put into my mouth and log all my food in myfitnesspal.com

But the return of hunger and the feeling I could binge is very scary