Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been gaining a little weight in the past couple of days. The only thing I started was drinking low calorie gatorade. Water is not comfortable for me to drink so I wanted in increase my Fluid intake. So I started drinking low calorie gatorade. I am having fears that my weight loss was temporary and I will gain the weight back. I went back to a semi liquid diet with Soups, Protein Drinks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the 3 week stall?

No worries, take deep breath and try to relax! I lose this way as well. I will drop a few pounds then it comes back up for about a week and then it drops back down and is gone forever untill the next time. At first it freaked me out but then I discovered the pattern and have learned to just roll with it. Try to be patient and watch for your own losing pattern. We are all so very different and losing will come when our bodies decide it is ok to let go of the fat. I lived on low cal gatorade for the first couple of months and now I use Mio flavoring because I can't drink plain Water (makes my tummy hurt). You are doing great! Keep up the great work and stay healhy!

((Hugs)) Shell

How far out are you?

How often do you weigh yourself? Don't do it daily, you'll drive yourself crazy watching the scale bounce around. For some reason, a lot of people believe every day should be a loss, but the body just doesn't work that way.

I am 11 weeks out. I was only weighing myself every few days until I had a couple ounce weight gain. It freaked my out :( and made me fearful. I haven't experienced any stalls yet (that I know of). I really appreciate the feed back.

Agreed with PDXman... I would weigh myself daily during weight loss - but please note - I didn't let it get me down. I guess I was able to handle it, I never let it get me in a tailspin. If it's causing you to panic and feel like you're failing then it's probably not a good idea.

I didn't let it make me panic because I knew my body will go through Water fluctuations every single day, based on what I ate (salty?) if I worked out hard (body repairing itself), what time of the day it is even...

If it works better for you perhaps 1x per week would be better. Pick the same day of the week (Monday? Weekend eating...) and do it first thing in the AM, after bathroom break and with undies on. That would be IMO a more accurate picture of how you're doing.

smile.png

ETA: Stress factors in too! I think a lot of folks forget about this. Stressing about what the scale says every day isn't a good thing and can help keep the weight on. Just remember, the weight scale is only a tiny piece of a huge puzzle that is YOUR journey. ;)

It could be just Water weight. It's common to stall or gain a few lbs, but it usually comes right off and then some. Just make sure you stick with the program and you should be fine ENJOY THE JOURNEY!

Gatorade's full of sodium, it's an electrolyte replacement drink. It's Water weight. How about trying Crystal Light?

Thank you all for all your feedback. I have tried crystal light l time and didn't care for it. I think I'll try it again. :)

I agree that there's a good chance that it's Water weight from the sodium in the gatorade. It could be so many other factors too - close to your time of the month, general weight fluctuation, etc. I do also weigh myself every day but only "officially" count my Monday morning weight (and that's what I log on my tracker). I don't worry about slight fluctuations through the week.

Any non-caffeinated, sugar-free beverage will count towards your liquids, so experiment a little with other options. If you like iced tea, buy Decaf tea bags and make your own - that's one of my favorite things to drink with a little splenda and a squeeze of lemon.