Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Your New Years Resolution?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mine... LOSE WEIGHT..LOL oh yea im already doing that.. he he he.. ok ... so how about this one.. Exercise at least 4 days a week.. preferably 5.

I WORK OUT!!! WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE...YEAH!!!!!!

Mine is to be nicer to my husband and to RUN a 5k. I am signing up for one February 25th. I dont know if I can run the whole thing on the first try but I damn sure going to give it a go! Training starts today!

Same here mines is lose weight, trying to get 15 pounds off before surgery, also get more into my spiritual persona, i feel a little bit drifted away.. Exercise throughout my entire journey..

Yup! Have surgery and all of the above! lol When the weight is down, I too would love to run a marathon! I currently just had trouble getting my jacket off cause my arms could barely move around my back to grab the sleeves. I am soooo ready to begin this journey and feel awesome with myself. Good Luck to you all!! :)

Forensik.. wishing you good luck on your 5k im sure you will have no problems doing it.

And fina and mama just keep working at it your surgeries will be amazing.. and as long as we all keep to the work out schedule i think we will hit our goal with flare!

Well mine is to:

• Lose weight, well nope I for the first time in DECADES don't have to do that.
  • Get in shape - well I did that too, I'm in better shape now than EVERY in my whole life.
  • Do something about my terrible sense of style - well, I certainly have licked this one too. With far more choices and not being forced to by "circus tents" for clothes I am certainly better dressed than I was. Being able to pick off the rack (when I can find SMALL enough clothes!) nearly ANYWHERE helps too.
  • Get my skin cleared up - well that issue was resolved pretty magically post-op, must be the diet.
  • Get my health back in line - well, I licked that too.

So I guess I really have NO resolutions this year.

So I'm not perfect and have other character flaws at least I am not fat, ugly, out of shape and a poorly dressed slob any more.

Mine is to start weighing in weekly instead of everyday. Also, I would like to be able to run 5 miles in an hour, a constant normal jog. I want to lose weight. I also want to live a healthy life and stop thinking like I am on a "diet" all the time.

Mine is to have a better year than 2011, which was an absolute emotional roller coaster for me that resulted in my slipping in to some of my old eating habits. I plan to get back on track with my eating, making sure I keep track of every bite I put in my mouth and get the last of this weight off. I would like to exercise more, as well, But, that will be dependent on how things go for me in January. I am having spinal surgery sometime then, and will see how it long it takes me to recover and get back into my Jiu Jitsu and other exercise programs.

Continue losing weight, try to incorporate more exercise. Stay away from the thrift stores. I buy too many used clothes as I keep losing and then they get too big. No one needs 50 pairs of size 22w pants.lol

Well don't shoot me but mine is to STOP losing weight ha. Hopefully after the scope this week that will finally come to an end :) (suspected stricture leading me to not be able to eat).

Stop stressing and just do what I need to do to be happy.

And get into kickboxing at least 3 days a week to tone this flabby body ;)

Great Question! My resolutions have always revolved around my weight. As I get closer to goal , I see my self falling back into bad habits. My sweet tooth was not removed when they took out most of my tummy. DARN!! I want to get control of that and watch the last of my bad habits die.

I want to get along better with my husband too. Because of my past, I see him as my adversary instead of my advocate. Makes our relationship pretty hard alot of the time.

A very happy and successful New Year to us all!!!,

Living the dream,

Laura

I ADORE resolution time... It calls to the planner within me. I'm also usually pretty good about following through on them so let's see how this year goes.

1. Work on perfecting my marriage. I like how Decamom put it... I need to see Hubs as more of an advocate than adversary.

2. Join a group fitness class, probably yoga, once a week. I am STILL terrified of these and need to get over it.

3. Complete an indoor triathlon so I can figure out if I love it enough to invest in a bike.

4. Run a FULL marathon. Last year, my goal was a half marathon and I completed that two weeks ago!

5. Lose the last 30 lbs or whatever it takes to wiggle myself into size 10 non-stretchy jeans.

6. Volunteer. I feel a need to give back more than I have been. I hope to work at a local children's hospital as a tutor or something of that nature.

I have two:

1) Be kind to myself: I have a sneaking suspicion that if I am kinder to myself, it will only increase the weight loss I am experiencing since being sleeved. (of course being kind to others too biggrin.gif )

2) To run a 5K by this fall!

1. Get back on track with the Couch to 5K program - lost a lot of progress when I was very sick, but I'm ready to get back into it. We have tons of 5K events around here so I'm going to look for a couple to register for so I have a target date/goal to work towards.

2. Get back to my militant tracking. I have sucked at tracking intake for the past 6 weeks and it's reflecting on the scale - no movement up, but no significant downward movement either. The damn chocolate covered pretzel I just had two bites of didn't help either. I'm getting this damn Christmas food out of my HOUSE!

Indymom, I hear you! I am definitely going to start tracking religiously again. I have got to get that scale moving down, down and down again!