Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canadian Challange

okay, YIKES...if this is a fall 3 month thing, I may have to consider re-vamping my challenge/goal. No WAY I will deprive myself of chips for 3 months straight!! I can maybe say I'll have them twice a month or something.

(Keep in mind...that when I do have chips...it is just a small amount ....like the size of one of those small bags).

I'm up for a Aug, Sept, Oct thing.

Yoda, what about a small bag of Ringolo's or cheezies every 2 weeks or once a month, or something? Make Mr. Yoda the boss of that... that he has to bring you home a bag on a certain day. ?

Ok, so what we're saying here isn't official, there'll be an official "Canadian Fall Challenge" thread ? Make sure you say Canadian!

I'm gonna think hard today and this weekend about what my goals should be. How about we have until monday to give 'em to you? And again... people CAN join after then. AND... even if you're not banded yet, you should still join!

sign me up too cloe .i will exercise 3x per week for at least 30 minutes.i want to join a aqua fit class .does anyone know when you can swim after surgery?

Loriely, I believe it would be 6 weeks. You would want to make sure your incisions are healed up though, wouldn't want any buggies getting in there. :omg:

Okay, I don't want to be the shit disturber here but........when I went to bed last night, I started to think (and no mandi, the pillow didn't catch fire), wouldnt it be easier to do one month at a time, cause then for any of us that made some heavy duty goals, there easier to attain cause the time frame is smaller. We can always start another challenge in Sept. I don't know, everyone needs to input here, I might be totally out to lunch (actually lunch sounds good:hungry: ). We'll wait till maybe sunday night to get everyones input, I can set something up then. How's that.:rofl:

Hey hey... no, one month would be fine with me too. I'd rather commit to trying to exercise for a month than 3 ! LOL

One month is my preference....then I can change my personal challenge month by month kinda deal.

*hands Cloe a fire extinguisher*

I prefer one month too, shorter term goals seem less daunting. Actually in the June crew thread, we've been doing a Water drinking challenge, but we start it new each week. Same challenge, just broken down into a week at a time recurring. That way you can try to improve the following week, or if you slip up, you feel like it's easier to start over without feeling you've blown the whole month. Just a thought.

Hay guys i am now on my third cottage cheese day....and today i can keep it down, does someone want to tell me why the heck I am having more sex? I mean we hardly ..ya know but lately since I started this thing...woo hoo. I dunno know why,maybe there are hormones in yogurt, lol. so two days down and thanks cloe for you amazing support!

Folks I am going to be traveling in England and Ireland the last two weeks of August so I cannot participate. I usually work out 5 times a week so I would be happy to join an excercise challenge in September.

My thought is this we focus on individual goals, so for example I would set a goal of 8 hours a week of physical activity someone else could target 4 hours or 10 hours, whatever they choose. We track how we are doing vs our personel objectives. We would not focus on what you do but rather, that you do it. At the end of the challenge everyone who accieved their objective would be be entitled to feel very proud of their accomplishments and everyone who didn't would get a pat on the back for trying!!

Sounds like a very Canadian challenge to me!!

Cheers

TommmyO

Here's what I think Kim, you are doing your pre-op diet, and sticking to it and you've made a good decision about surgery. All this means you are feeling good about yourself. AND YOU SHOULD! Sooooooooo when you feel good about yourself....yada yada yada. Remember sex is all up in the head (or so they say). :)

as for a pat on the back..NOPE, we're canadian, don't canadians Celebrate like in those beer commercials?

Um I don;t drink beer by the way, but i am on for one month at a time. Surgery is aug, so time to eat and get it together, I thought yoda left for buffalo.

cloe your hilarious..and that poor banana taking it up the ol wazoo lol. I am on my fourth day ... and from 320 now 315....lol but hasn't moved for aday... I gotta stop getting weighed. I have bought lOADS of yogurt and cottage cheese. As fro the sex,, today nothing,,,lol, YET!

How are you? where are you > And you are such and inspriation, Really great people here I am soo impressed and told Nisreen for TBLC to have a look at this website to see what folks are saying...lie Yoda who is great and gives super info too.