Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:) 5 Days to Sleeve! Newbie here! Support? :D

Hello everyone, :):D

I am new here in this forum and I am scheduled to have my sleeve surgery on 11/18/11, five more days and I will be through with my liquid diet! If you have any suggestions for preop, list of things I should take to the hospital and etc for the postop days I would appreciate. Congratulations to all that are out and good luck to all that are going to have the sleeve soon!

God bless! :D:)

Thanks best wishes to u too. Bring chapstick n underwear. N face wipes. N slippers.

Hellooooo!!!!! I have the exact same surgery date!! I have so many questions for you...where are you getting your surgery? What fun things did you find to liquid diet on? I'm having surgery in Monterrey, Mexico. I'm from the states but live in Mexico City. My favorite liquid diet food is orange Jello. Boring but oddly, my favorite.

Obviously, I haven't had my surgery yet but things I've heard to bring with to the hospital are comfy clothes, chap stick, sugar free gum, lotion and magazines, book(kindle). I can't wait to hear how things go for you!! Good luck and best wishes for a quick recovery!!

Kelly

Good luck! I think all surgeons encourage you to walk as much as possible, so I would strongly recommend a comfortable pair of slippers. The hospital I was in provided slipper socks, but I really think it would have helped my early mobility if I had been able to have proper slippers.

Hello everyone! THanks so much for the support and postings!!!! I have been doing full liquid diet x 5 wks and liquid diet x1 week. This is my last wk prior to my 11/18 surgery! I would say that 50/50 diet apple juice, crambery juice, liquid melted strawberry or cherry Jello and K20 Protein Water plus diet great tea with peach has helped me lose a bunch of wt during this last week.!!!

Thanks also for the list of things, I am packing my bag to go on my life trip and could not bee happier!

God bless to all of you! :):D

Items I took to the hospital, that made a difference in how I felt:

My favorite pillow

My favorite fuzzy blanket

My favorite robe

Comfy slippers

3 pairs of fuzzy socks (cause my feet are always cold)

chapstick

my laptop

my favorite body & face lotions

A size bigger than you would normally wear fuzzy pants or sweat pants for the ride home, as your belly is going to be tender.

a "wife beater" heavy T shirt to wear under baggy shirt instead of a bra for the ride home, as a bra might be too uncomfortable.

Baggy soft sweater to wear on ride home as it was cold and snowing here.

Of course all of these things were left in the car until my surgery was over, then my husband brought them in. *Except for one pair of fuzzy socks that I was able to wear through surgery, they were the only clothing from home I was allowed to keep on, I explained my feet get cold and I was told I could keep them on*

Note: stay awayfrom all those red liquids u mention two days prior to surgery. ;0)

Hello everyone! THanks so much for the support and postings!!!! I have been doing full liquid diet x 5 wks and liquid diet x1 week. This is my last wk prior to my 11/18 surgery! I would say that 50/50 diet apple juice, crambery juice, liquid melted strawberry or cherry Jello and K20 Protein Water plus diet great tea with peach has helped me lose a bunch of wt during this last week.!!!

Thanks also for the list of things, I am packing my bag to go on my life trip and could not bee happier!

God bless to all of you! :):D

Don't forget the pillow you'll need for ride home under seat belt! N a vomit bag just incase.

Welcome sweets! I'm so happy for you! You are going to LOVE sleevie :) congrats!

Hi there! Welcome to VST. :) I'm sure you are already getting familiar with our awesome website. You will find above and beyond all the support you will ever need right here! Everyone's always ready to answer any questions or just listen.

Click here for a compiled list of things to bring with you to your hospital stay. Of course you pick and choose what you think you'll need - these are just made from many suggestions.

All the best! Let us know how your surgery went.