Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY! I cant help it!

So yesterday i thought i had hurt something because i hut so bad. I was thinking slipped band, erosion, you know all the bad things.

Then i feel this strange and LOUD rumble down deep.

:D:):D :confused: :confused: :confused:

UMMMM, excuse me, its just a LITTLE gas.

I dont mine letting it fly, even in public (no shame here) but man those gas pains can hurt.!

Gas-x hasnt even done the trick.

Any ideas on what helps ?????? Before i blow out my insides.

You are so Funny!

The only thing I have heard to help is gas-x..

Maybe it is the type of foods you are eating. Not sure where you are with your band?

Sorry your in pain-but just let them RIP

Are you eating anything with artificial sweeteners? I sort of leaned on sugar-free and no-sugar-added products in the first month or so after banding, trying to sate my sweet cravings. I never dreamed a human could suffer from such gut-rending, painful and odiferous gas. Folks on various boards suggested many things, but I'd read that certain popular sweeteners (Maltitol is the worst, for me) can cause bad gas and other problems in the general vicinity. I cut them out and was cured.

The other night I got cocky (and was craving chocolate) so I ate half a medium-sized sugar free chocolate bar. Within 90 minutes I was right back in the -- forgive me--saddle again, clutching my stomach for dear life and begging my poor husband for forgiveness.

Hope this helps---that kind of gas is NO FUN.

Sheila

Gas X did not work well/fast enough for me. I got Milicon liquid

for infants(I also got a generic called Infants Simethicone Drops). It is very fast acting and you don't have to chew or wait for the capsule to work. I intend to keep some handy at all times. My husband as tried it and also likes it.

Carolyn

Thank you.

I will try the milicon stuff.

That gas pain can really suck when your on a long drive.

As far as what im eating/// drinking. Soup,juice,Water,coffee,cream of wheat and yogurt. (last night i really wanted a bite of a juicy prime rib :D )

Tuesday i get to start mashed patatos,scrabled eggs and my other soft foods. :D:):D :confused: :confused: :confused: :) :)

hey big dog!!

what helped me was light stretching (what i could tolerate without any pulling sensation around the port) and walking.

also dont eat anything fiberous as soon as i got to mushies i ate refried Beans and:sick i got so bloated and gasy again!!

Guest bandbuddy

Make sure you don't drink anything from a straw. That gave me awful gas after surgery!

Hey Big Dog,

I am home and feeling fine. Some gas here but not to bad. How long did it take for it to start. Maybe if I get ahead of it. Might not be so bad. I am with you just let it rip as they say better out than in.

I was thinking of starting the liquid gas stuff before they start. Let me know when to expect it please.

Very glad to be home and hope all your gas comes out soon.

Kathy

'

Banded 4/21/03

Dr. Lopez

285/ and heading down.