Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Day out from surgery and scared

To add the ticker ruler, go to the search box at the top of the page and search the entire forum for "Add Ticker". LilMissDiva did an excellent post on how to add the ticker. I won't try to re-do that since her instructions are so good! :)

Hi everyone

I am very new to this site and have been reading all the posts about the pre op jitters, I hope you dont mind me joining you. I am 10 days post sleeve, as soon as I had been given the surgery date I was so excited people would ask me how I was feeling and I just couldnt believe how excited I was. However I did message my sister, as I have no partner, to make sure she would tell my grown up son and daughter how proud I am of them and how much I love them, just in case anything untoward might happen.

I didnt have much post op pain and I am dealing with the liqued diet OK I am looking forward to being able to have mushy/pureed diet from Monday, looking forward toscrambled eggs.

I know its early days but I really dont think I will ever regret my decision to have the surgery as I know it was the best thing I could do for myself and my health.

Thanks, trip. I've got boarding secured for doggie. My friend will drive me to the hosp and bring me home. My neice will stay with me a few days. I'm pretty sure if. Don't change mylife now, I will not have another chance again. I am just fearful that I might not like the surgeon's answers to my questions. I already know he will not do hernia repair. I am so worried that I am guaranteed to have severe reflux because of that. But what will I say to the surgeon?

Hi everyone

I am very new to this site and have been reading all the posts about the pre op jitters, I hope you dont mind me joining you. I am 10 days post sleeve, as soon as I had been given the surgery date I was so excited people would ask me how I was feeling and I just couldnt believe how excited I was. However I did message my sister, as I have no partner, to make sure she would tell my grown up son and daughter how proud I am of them and how much I love them, just in case anything untoward might happen.

I didnt have much post op pain and I am dealing with the liqued diet OK I am looking forward to being able to have mushy/pureed diet from Monday, looking forward toscrambled eggs.

I know its early days but I really dont think I will ever regret my decision to have the surgery as I know it was the best thing I could do for myself and my health.

i looked forward to it because i was tired of always feeling hungry. but there was also being nervous about the "what could happen, or go wrongs".... try to put that out of your mind and focus on the possitives. this surgery is preformed so much now, the doctors are great. give yourself the best chance at a great outcome by sticking to that diet no matter what, plus losing weight now just means less to lose later. i lost close to 50 pounds before surgery so that my body was as healthy as it could be for surgery, and i figured why not now? good luck to you!