Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I have been approved for my surgery, my surgery date is 11-2! Yeah! Okay now for the whining lol, I wanna eat! I know, it's all in my head but it's difficult. I'm only on my 2nd day and I have been doing wonderful but argh I JUST WANT SOME FOOD! anybody else go through this?

Congratulations!!!!! I too am scheduled to be sleeved Nov 2nd. Just waiting for my insurance to approve. They've had it since Oct 18th----So prayerfully I will have an authorization by Monday. I am suppose to start my liquids on Wednesday-10/26th-----In the meantime, I actually started liquids 3 months ago with a little food in between. I figured I had to break bad habits early. Sugars and breads have always been my weakness. I drink Protein drinks (dietdirect.com)---product is ProtiDiet (stuff tastes like cool-aid)---I add in suger-free syrups--AWESOME!! I also drink Protein powders with coffee & syrups added in---got to mix it up so that it won't become boring. I eat sugar-free popsicles, jello----all of this to get use to not chewing. In my case, I needed to start early. I also made a Tomato based Soup with onions, lipton onion Soup mix, beef broth & italian seasoning. Hope this helps. Good luck to you. Blessings2u--BJ

*quick question: what insurance do you have and how long did it take for approval?

Cool thanks for the suggestions, my dietitian told me broth based Soups only and she sure is hell didn't say I can have sugar-free Popsicles. Boo! I'm gonna call them Monday.

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and got approval rather quickly...it's crazy they gave you a date of surgery without the approval?

How are ya feeling about everything? I just want it to be done! Lol

Oh btw, how much weight have you lost since starting your diet?

Godspeed,

L

My surgeon is great!!! He knows I want this done ASAP and is very hopeful about my approval---thus the reason why he gave me a date. I actually have my medical clearance done Wednesday of next week by my PCP. My surgeon told me to start my official liquid diet 1 week from surgery. So I'll start officially Wednesday. Unofficially I got rid of 5 lbs with my liquid / popcorn diet. But I'm prepared to go all the way liquid next week---shrinking the liver is very important and he stressed that.

I'm sure when you call, your Dr. should let you eat sugar-free popsicles and even jello----the breakdown is liquid.

I'm doing ok. Just a little anxiety about get my official approval. I'm so excited about the thought of my life changing. It's long overdue.

How are you doing?

Blessings2u--Bj

Hey girl!! I'm doing so much better on day 5 of this diet, I guess it gets easier as I go... like the Protein shakes are really filling me up. I still get dizzy though at times but I think that's because of my thyroid problem. Anyhoo, I think we're sleeve sisters? Is this what this site calls it? LOL I hope you really get your surgery done that day... I'm okay, I'm scared a bit for the actual surgery.. I mean it's a big surgery. But I am definitely excited for the months there after which I'm sure we all are ready for!!

Wanna exchange personal e-mails?

Godspeed,

L

You and I will just fine. The night before is when I expect my largest anxiety. The day after, well--praying for smooth sailing for us both. Speak it and it shall be!!!! I just inboxed you my email. I am praying and waiting for that "approved" message from the insurance. Now that's anxiety. Blessings2u--BJ

Hello my new sleeve sisters!!

I am also slotted for sleeve surgery on November 2!!!!

I am on the liquid shake diet and it is not easy. I understand why the high Protein to lose the weight before surgery, but I don't understand the only liquid??? It is one question I should have asked but did not.

I am doing ok with the shakes but I cheat with "turkey jerky" It is high Protein and it still give me a little something acutally in my stomach, about middle of the moring is when I sit at my desk and starve!

I am in North Georgia, having surgery in Rome, Georgia. What state are ya'll in ?

Rhonda

Hey southerner! ; )

Awesome we're all scheduled for the same date!! I'm in sunny southern California... I am on full liquids plus fruits and veggies in between, I haven't cheated yet... yeah! I'm afraid for the implications of cheating. Lol

So, how has this journey been for you?

I am in NJ. and am also scheduled to be sleeved Nov 2nd. Sleeve sisters indeed. I am on a self-imposed liquid diet as I am still waiting for my approval code from the insurance company. Knowing what has to be done, I am being proactive. Soup, Liquid Protein, lots of fluids and Protein shakes----WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!! Blessings2u--BJ

I am suppose to be drinking 5 Bariatric Advantage shakes a day. I can't.. I drink 3, with lots of Water in between.

I also have to have some solid food in my stomach some.. thus I eat the turkey Jerky. it is soft and really lean. I have eaten a small amount of food each day, so far it has always been very lean Protein. I am trying my best to just eat Protein and no carbs and no sugar.

I work at a High School as a secretary and in the morning usually mid morning I am so hungry. I have had my Jerky this morning and right now I am about to go to lunch and drink my shake... I am not hungry so just drinking the shake while my friends eat their lunch will not be too hard.

My doctor will do surgery, I will be on full liquids the first day, then starting the 2nd day I will be able to eat "mushy" stuff. I will be required to eat mushy for 4 weeks. I really don't worry too bad about the musy, I know it will get BORING but I can live with that. It is this liquid only I can't live with.

Lets exchange e-mail and keep up with each other that way also.

mine-- rchitwood@gcbe.org

Rhonda

Hello my new sleeve sisters!!

I am also slotted for sleeve surgery on November 2!!!!

I am on the liquid shake diet and it is not easy. I understand why the high Protein to lose the weight before surgery, but I don't understand the only liquid??? It is one question I should have asked but did not.

I am doing ok with the shakes but I cheat with "turkey jerky" It is high Protein and it still give me a little something acutally in my stomach, about middle of the moring is when I sit at my desk and starve!

I am in North Georgia, having surgery in Rome, Georgia. What state are ya'll in ?

Rhonda

HI Rhonda ! I live in Cumming, GA. Having my surgery at Emory Midtown. Atlanta. My surgeon says the liquid diet is to shrink the liver. They have to move it to get at the stomach, and it makes it easier. I start liquids on Wednesday the 26th, as my surgery is the 31st. I have been cutting back the last week and trying to substitute Soup for one meal. I am very anxious about this and all the diet do's and don'ts the month following surgery. My number one goal for this is to get rid of diabetes. It's been out of control for years.

Good luck! - Alyson

We're all doing it together, so cool to have support from people that are going through the same surgery ...it's comforting! My e-mail address is Laura_marie77@yahoo.com

I just had some carrots and my Protein self made shake this am. I start work at 7am, so I have my first shake pretty early. Yea, my Dr said the same thing...this diet is for the liver!

Hey my sisters, we can email each other directly to keep up with each other and I thought it would be a good idea to form a Nov 2nd sleeve sister group. Feel free to join. Life just got a little better!! Blessings2u--BJ

WOW, we are all right there together!!

lets keep track and help each other! I also am doing this not only to be thinner, but i am "almost" a diabetic. I know that sounds crazy but I had bloodsugar that was high a few years ago.. lost a little weight and they took me off meds.. now it is slightly high but no meds yet. My cholesterol is wayyyyyyy too high, and I take blood pressure meds. That along with the weight is why the insurance approved it.

Rhonda