Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone been in the position when the people of opposite sex in their life started to pay more attention to them because they were thinner? How did this make you feel? I've always kinda hoped that someone would like me for who I am on the inside, not what I look like on the outside...although I know that is unrealistic. I'm also worried about people asking me how I lost the weight so quickly. I've only told a handfull of people, and I really don't want to lie, but there are reasons I haven't told everyone. I feel this is right for me, and I don't want to hear other people's negative opininions. I know this may seem a little silly, but it's just been on my mind lately. Thanks! :)

I have been telling people that I am on a very structured meal plan and excerising daily and it is working for me. As far as attention from the oppisite sex, personally, I know that the men I work with know me well and have known me for many years. That being said, I have had a little extra attention/comments but I choose to just take it as a compliment. Really, the only head that I want to turn is that of my hubby, so that is where I put my focus.

Hang in there, the whole "newness" of your wieght loss will fade slowly and things will get back to "business as usual".

Hugs,

Shell

Has anyone been in the position when the people of opposite sex in their life started to pay more attention to them because they were thinner? How did this make you feel? I've always kinda hoped that someone would like me for who I am on the inside, not what I look like on the outside...although I know that is unrealistic. I'm also worried about people asking me how I lost the weight so quickly. I've only told a handfull of people, and I really don't want to lie, but there are reasons I haven't told everyone. I feel this is right for me, and I don't want to hear other people's negative opininions. I know this may seem a little silly, but it's just been on my mind lately. Thanks! :)

I promised myself that once I started losing weight, I wouldn't date anyone that I knew from my 'heavy' days, if they weren't already interested in me back then. I'm 30 and I've already been divorced once, so I'm not going to get married again unless its with the right man, and I don't believe that the right man is someone that would be that shallow... Just my opinion :)

From the male perspective, I have enjoyed having ladies comment on how good I look.

When asked I tell them the truth, lost first 60 pounds by changing eating habits and exercising and last 40 from surgery. The people tend to ignore the surgery and concentrate on change of eating habits but then again they watched me get from 305 down to 235 over a year of diet and exercise so they concentrate on that part of loss.

I'm looking forward to communicating more with active healthy people whom I always admired.

this is going to really sound mean and some will not understand it. . . but since i've lost 150 lbs give or take a pound or two, yes I get more attention from men (more then i care to admit to). . however, i now treat them how i was treated as a fat person. . . i know it's not good to do tit for tat, but all those painful years of being teased, left out, sneered at etc by men has made me really dislike the majority of them. .minus my wonderful hubbie who has been there for me for the past 33 years. it was mostly the guys that hurt me deeply throughout my entire life and now it's my own revenge i guess. . .i don't bother the overweight ones and can totally sympathize with them, but it's those ones that think they are god's gift to women or think they are better then anyone else that make me sooooo sick to my stomach and yes, i'll probably get it in the end. . but that is ok for me.

I haven't gotten any obvious male attention yet, I do get what I want to percieve as more smiles and idle chit chat... which I'll take over getting completely ignored... As far as telling... I am a very vocal person and have no secrets. Everyone at work knows about the surgery and most have been supportive...but now that I am almost 80 #s down, I am starting to notice some negativity from a few of the ladies who aren't happy with themselves. It seems like they want to drag down my new found confidence. I of course will prevail over thier petty BS.

Good for you treequeen! Usually people like those women, are intimadated by your success. . . something is scaring them so they compensate by being b_t__es about everything. . . . keep your head up high and be the best you can! Always look out for number 1. . .good luck and keep up the great work!