Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two unexpected things

First, when I saw the photos of the surgery - I was very confused why I couldn't "see" the band in the before photos. You know, how in the drawings there is this nice white plastic device around the picture of the stomach? couldn't see it. It turns out that your body totally encases that band. I did not have band erosion, but there is still a "encrusted shell", for lack of a better term, around it. ewww. No wonder he band removal is a surgery that took some recovering from, they did a lot of digging around in there, it wasn't just like unbuckling the stomach belt...

Second surprise is that now that I am 2 weeks out from the band removal... I am so hungry I feel like I am going to die. My eating volume has gone up too, even though I am trying to resist. The slipped band didn't provide any restriction, but apparently it did provide at least some appetite control. Oh my, it is still two weeks out before I meet with a doctor who is going to help me with an eating plan and appetite suppressants as a temporary stopgap until I can have the sleeve procedure.

I had been doing medifast, but the soy content of that food did not agree with me so I am off it now. I am feeling really worried since I am just super hungry. I remember now why I thought I would be successful with the band, I really am hungry alot! alot.

The band is NOT reversible like they say. I still get so mad every time I see a lapband commerical. They make it sound so easy and great when in reality the band is a foreign object in the body that is not meant to be there. The band caused my body lots of damage and serious pain. I am so grateful to have had it removed. The sleeve has been a dream come true for me. I wish you the best as you wait for your sleeve. I know it must be hard to wait, but just know it is all worth it. The sleeve really does work!

I am glad you got the band out! Sorry you are dealing with hunger now, but it is only temporary, try not to stress, cuz that may make you hungry for stress eating and stress also causes more storing of fat. Just relax, and eat plenty of Protein, which stays with you longer and if you try keep carbs low, maybe it will help with hunger and cravings. I hope you're able to get your Sleeve soon, it will most likely do away with the constant hunger, I know it has helped me so much with my hunger and cravings and that, "I just gotta eat something NOW feeling. Good luck to you!!

:)

Glad you got the band removed. At the meeting of surgeons for Kaiser they really did their best scaring people out of thinking of the band by showing pictures of erosion.

You are on the right track and good luck with achieving your goal.

SOrry to hear about the after-affects, but thrilled you got that band out. Seriously, those things are horrible.

For a quasi-liquid diet, you might want to try New Liefstyles. It is whey based instead of soy based. Medifast used to make me sick too.

Good luck!

I'm a volume eater. I went on Meridia for about 45 days when I started my last Weight Watchers stint. It worked great. It suppressed my appetite enough that I didn't quit and went on to lose 50 pounds. HIH