Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seminar to Surgery?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How long after your seminar did you have your surgery?

• 1 to 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 to 6 months
    • More than 6 months

Please take the poll above. I am wondering what the normal wait time for surgery is. I have BCBS insurance and the requirments are minimal to get approved. I have scheduled my consultation for the 26th of this month! I can't wait to begin my new life!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Stacey :)

I have BCBS,,, I attended my first consult on 10/4/2010...had to have 2 minor test, pyhc consult (self pay BCBS did not pay for pyhc. consult) - Was approved sometime around the first week of December, the ealiest my doc could do the procedure was the 3rd week of December...

I opted to wait until January not only cause of the holidays but because I have $1,000. deductible.. that goes from Jan 1 - Dec 31.... why would I pay the deductible in Dec only to turn around and have to pay again in Jan if something medical was needed.

It made more sense to have surgery early January pay my deductible once, right off the bat in January, then be good for the rest of the year not having to pay anymore $$$$ on medical.. give it thought....

I have the BCBS PPO plan through work. I opted to pay more each week then to have a deductible but I completely understand your logic. I too am hoping or January right now. I have two kids and want to enjoy the holidays with them! I also need to schedule time off from work! Your weight loss is am inspiration! Congrats!

I had my seminar June 20th 2011 and my surgery Aug 9th 2011!!!

With my schedule, I believe I could get approved in 2 to 3 months - It's going to be getting the time off from work that is going to take longer.

Please take the poll above. I am wondering what the normal wait time for surgery is. I have BCBS insurance and the requirments are minimal to get approved. I have scheduled my consultation for the 26th of this month! I can't wait to begin my new life!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Stacey :)

Hi Stacey! I also have BCBS. I have all my dates of everything listed below. I set all of my appointments as soon as I knew what the next step was that I had to do. Just keep all of your information together and follow up on everything. After my info was sent to the insurance I called them everyday to check on the status... (I always got a different person, so I didn't feel like I was being too annoying, lol.) Read all the great info that you can find on this site. It's SO helpful because it seems that everyone has gone through basically the same situations. I love my sleeve and I'm sure you will love it too! It's definatly the best things I've ever done for myself. ;)

I went to my seminar in September, got the call in December to start the official program. Spent the next few months doing nutrition classes, the shrink, etc. Met my surgeon and had my surgery at the end of February :)

I had my inital seminar April 4th, but I had to wait until June for insurance reasons. So really, my journey began June 6th with the consultation and I was sleeved July 20th. I have BCBS of MI insurance and the only approval I needed was to have the hospital call the insurance company and "verify my benefits." I was instantly approved.