Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The nerves have officially set in!

I feel like I've been gearing up for this forever...now that it's here, I'm beginning to panic. No second thoughts or doubts, just a case of the nerves. Tomorrow I have my last appt with my sugeon and then I head to the hospital for blood work. I've been counting down so long...I can't believe next Tuesday is right around the corner. YIKES!!

I hear you guys, too. I'm next Thursday and I feel like I've been waiting for this for SOOOO long....most of the anticipation/excitement has waned and now the nerves are starting to set in. And I never get nervous about surgeries, etc. Trying to isolate what is making me feel this way so I can take out those emotions, examine them, and somehow reconcile those fears so I'll be okay.....otherwise next week, I will really be a wreck!!!

OMG, I am feeling the same as you guys. TOMORROW I start my 2 week protien diet. I'm getting nervous. Not that I can do this but just the fact this is going to change my life FOREVER! I know it's an amazing thing but still nervous. Then there's the what if I dont' wake up nerves. What will my husband do with my two boys without me? I know I'll be in good hands but it's still there in the back of my head. Let's just keep all of us October sleevers positive and we will be fine. I sure do LOVE this site!

I'm crossing off the next day instead of just today on my calendar. Ha! Silly, but I am getting ansy having started my preop early even. Still have 15 days to go.

I'm feeling the same way. I have an appt to go to the hospital later today for the blood work, and I cant sleep. I'm so excited that I think its turning into anxiety.

Lol I'm going for bloodwork first thing In morning and chest X-ray. :0)

Hi, I hear everyone's fears about the "Big Day"! I was just sleeved10-4-11 and I felt the same. You have been concentrating on meeting and checking off each step and suddendly the next one is "the table" In other surgeries you know pretty much what to expect, at least that's the way I felt. But with this one, it's not just the surgery, it's the commitment and doubts about whether you are making the right decision (one last chance to back out). Just try to concentrate on all the reasons you decided to do this before that anxiety set in to frighten you. Once you get closer something kicks in that says "I've come too far to let anything stop me now! This is my life and I'm not letting anything or anyone ever take it from me again.!!!

By the way Chris, I just found your blog and I am loving it. Please keep blogging :P

I hear you guys, too. I'm next Thursday and I feel like I've been waiting for this for SOOOO long....most of the anticipation/excitement has waned and now the nerves are starting to set in. And I never get nervous about surgeries, etc. Trying to isolate what is making me feel this way so I can take out those emotions, examine them, and somehow reconcile those fears so I'll be okay.....otherwise next week, I will really be a wreck!!!

I certainly understand! I have just been so anxious (read: terrified) about this whole life-change. Surgery is next Wed. 10/19. Spoke at length yesterday with my surgeon & he was very helpful. I am choosing to go see a counselor next Monday. I just want to be sure that I have made a clear decision here and that I understand my motives and buy into the changes I will have to make.

Your concerns and fears are very understandable and I'm not trying to make light of them at all. Keep the faith. Be strong. Hold on to good thoughts. I do believe that you can manage this. Best wishes. Mary

Aw., Monty.....great words from someone who has already been down the path! Thank you so much!

And thanks on the blog comment, too. I will definitely be posting more once I get closer (just one week from today! Yikes!)

Hi, I hear everyone's fears about the "Big Day"! I was just sleeved10-4-11 and I felt the same. You have been concentrating on meeting and checking off each step and suddendly the next one is "the table" In other surgeries you know pretty much what to expect, at least that's the way I felt. But with this one, it's not just the surgery, it's the commitment and doubts about whether you are making the right decision (one last chance to back out). Just try to concentrate on all the reasons you decided to do this before that anxiety set in to frighten you. Once you get closer something kicks in that says "I've come too far to let anything stop me now! This is my life and I'm not letting anything or anyone ever take it from me again.!!!

By the way Chris, I just found your blog and I am loving it. Please keep blogging :P

I'd like to read your blog please. Link please ;0)

Aw., Monty.....great words from someone who has already been down the path! Thank you so much!

And thanks on the blog comment, too. I will definitely be posting more once I get closer (just one week from today! Yikes!)

The link is in my signature line :) I will start posting more as I keep getting closer, and especially after!!

I'd like to read your blog please. Link please ;0)