Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months...How are we doing?

Can't believe I have been living this new life for almost 3 months already. I have pretty much became used to the water/protein regime, I can usually get enough Protein in during the day, but I still drink one bottle of Isopure every day. I guess I am strange, but I don't mind it. I pretty much know exactly how much I can eat of different foods now. I can go out and eat at a restaurant now and be comfortable. The weirdest thing is when I get asked what I want to drink when eating out. When I say nothing., I get the strangest looks. I am down 65 pounds which is great, but 10 pants sizes which is the best. My wife keeps telling me that I look like a homeless guy with my baggy clothes and a very bushy beard. I have had facial hair for 16 years, but I haven't trimmed it since I retired a year ago. I surprised her the other day when she got home from work by being clean-shaven and in clothes that fit! I bought a shirt in a large---I haven't worn a large since just after high school!

Let's hear how everyone else is doing? What are your greatest challenges and rewards now?

I am 10 weeks out and am doing great! I've lost 49 lbs and have gone from a size 18w to a size 12 in pants and enjoy my 3 mile walks 4-5 days per week. My sleeve is amazing.

Can't believe I have been living this new life for almost 3 months already. I have pretty much became used to the water/protein regime, I can usually get enough Protein in during the day, but I still drink one bottle of Isopure every day. I guess I am strange, but I don't mind it. I pretty much know exactly how much I can eat of different foods now. I can go out and eat at a restaurant now and be comfortable. The weirdest thing is when I get asked what I want to drink when eating out. When I say nothing., I get the strangest looks. I am down 65 pounds which is great, but 10 pants sizes which is the best. My wife keeps telling me that I look like a homeless guy with my baggy clothes and a very bushy beard. I have had facial hair for 16 years, but I haven't trimmed it since I retired a year ago. I surprised her the other day when she got home from work by being clean-shaven and in clothes that fit! I bought a shirt in a large---I haven't worn a large since just after high school!

Let's hear how everyone else is doing? What are your greatest challenges and rewards now?

It's been so awesome!! Yesterday was my 3 month Surgeversary, and I celebrated with a Zumba class and a healthy brunch with my sweetheart. I've lost 70 pounds so far, and am down from a 26/28 to a 16/18! I haven't been a size 18 since 1994!!!!! This has been one of the most exciting things I've ever had happen to me. To watch my body shrink and change practically daily has been amazing! Everyone comments and it feels so good to be noticed for something other than being a fat girl with a pretty face! I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

I was sleeved July 19, 2011. I have lost 45 pounds (I have not updated my ticker yet). i'm into a size 10 pants as well. I have some before and after pictures up in the success stories forum. I feel great and it's the greatest and best gift I could have ever given myself. I'm so very happy at this success.

Help July sleevers!! I am eight months out and have not gotten to my goal weight!! I was 245 at the time of surgery and am currently at 183. I would like to be 130. So I have 53 more lbs to go. I have been stalled for a month. Anybody have any words of encouragement or tips to get the remaining 53 lbs off???

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches