Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when will these spasms go away?

I was sleeved on Wednesday the 28th and everytime I drink I feel like I have spasms in my stomach. Has anyone else expierenced this? if so when will it get better? I still feel like I am having gas pains in my shoulders too. These last few days have been hard for me...I ask myself " What have I done". I know in the end it will be worth it but it is hard to drink. Please help!!

I had spasms for about a week, then they kinda disappeared and didn't realize it until I was talking to my mom a week or two later. I think its totally normal and from what I read they seem to average about 10 days.

I also was sleeved on Wed, and am having the spasms, mine wake me up every night a couple of times. It sucks!! But in the long run will be worth it. Good luck!!!

Mine lasted for about two weeks. Then they would come when I started to eat regular foods until one or two months. After about four months everything is back to normal.

I had those for a little while too. I found that drinking anything cool or cold made it worse. Warm liquids went down very well for me at the beginning when it was the worst. Good luck and congrats on being sleeved!

I had them too and it was awful. Mine lasted about two weeks. I never thought it would stop but it did. Hang in there, it will pass.

I was sleeved on the 19th and am finally now starting to feel a little more normal. I was pretty miserable the first couple weeks and this past week I started feeling like I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It was funny, I was just kinda hitting my breaking point and then all of a sudden it just got better.

It's weird, I am on mushies and have been eating what I have been making my family for dinner(only with a lot of gravy mixed in to make it moist). I get that stuffed feeling only after a couple of bites and it's a great feeling! I now feel like it was worth it, but I was seriously having second thoughts there the first couple weeks.

Good luck it will get better.

I had those during weeks 1 and 2 after surgery, and they were awful!! The eventually went away, and now (6 weeks out) I only feel anything remotely similar if I eat too much, which I try VERY hard not to do.

I think it was my stomach responding to the trauma, and as it healed it felt better.

Good luck! :-)

Jen

I had a terrible episode last night. I think I may have eaten a bit too much for dinner (bean Soup with some cheese melted in). At bedtime, I decided I needed to do something about the Constipation that showed up after I started being able to get in all my required Protein. I drank a glass of 1/2 lite apple juice, 1/2 crystal lite mixed with Miralax. Ka-blam. 2 hours later I was in the worst pain ever. I tried to vomit, but couldn't. After a few hours of intense discomfort, it subsided enough to go back to sleep. Wow. I certainly learned my lesson. Now I have to figure out when it's safe to get the Miralax in...