Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are The Spitfires Doing?

Exactly, Rebel! I totally agree every day is a learning day. I think I am really learning to change my life. I never want to be in the 200s again. I can't believe only 5 lbs until onederland!

i was sleeved on the 24th of sept. going on my 4th wk out. i am on mushies but cant seem to find a variety of foods that i want. i often feel nauseated and tired. can anyone give me any tips/suggestions that may help? i have lost about 28 lbs and very happy about that i just want to feel better and stop the nausea.

please help

thanks

Hi, I find that I can digest things without nausea if they are the consistency of pudding. the thinner the food or drink the harder time I have with it......no clue why. I am trying very hard to drink Water every day ( with out the best results). Best Wishes

weight.png

feeling great!!! I am currently in my second week stalled and wishing it would quit--

I can't drink the Protein at all--the smell gags me--so I am doing the best I can with food--I don't eat cottage cheese or yogurt so I am just doing the best I can

I didn't feel the restriction at first, but now two bites is about my limit--I have found if I eat more than that, I don't eat for the rest of the day--just too full!!!

liquids are not a problem, but about two weeks ago, I started getting sick to my stomach when I would drink water--so I haven't been able to get much of it down lately

I feel great and the loss is really starting to show--my only real problem is the 4 am wake-ups--i feel like I will never sleep through the night again!!!!

Regang07, I was sleeved on the 22nd. I feel the same, I am tired a lot. I had my first full week of work last me and it exhausted me, even when I tried to have a light week. I get nausea but the nexium my doctor gave me helps with that. I am hoping when I get to a normal diet the fatigue will lessen. Any one else got tips?

aussigirl.... i have resorted back to doing more liquids than mushie right now. i am not sure on how to stop the nausea but decreasing my mushies to a minimum has seemed to help. i do tolerate peaches (in pear juice) really well and with cottage cheese. i start solids in a week and i am really nervous about it but i am looking into getting a protien powder (unjury protien mix) to try so that i can make sure that i get all my protien in at least until i can tolerate more things.

if i run into any other ideas of things to try i will let you know.

thanks

Hey all! I am doing very well, no complications. I actually almost don't believe they really did the surgery! LOL. My only gripe is that I seem to be losing much more slowly than anybody else on here. I lost about 10 lbs. since surgery day, including actual 2 pound fluctuations (some days I was up 1-2 pounds). I guess this is the dreaded and much talked about 2-3 week stall? I am being patient. I am amazed at how little I can eat and have been trying to make good choices, although I did cave yesterday and have some Peanut M&Ms. Interestingly enough, I lost weight even after that goof up. Anyway, I want to say thank you all so much for all of your support. It is so nice to have a specific group that had the procedure around the same time so that we can accurately gauge our progress/challenges against those that are at exactly the same stage as ourselves. I find it hard to relate to the "veterans" sometimes. Their reality it so far away from being mine. I can't even begin to discuss non-scale victories right now. It's too early. It's all about the scale. We are still skeptics at this stage. I need this sleeve to show and prove! :-)

Hello Spitfires! I guess this is where I belong as I was sleeved on 9/27.:) I have been feeling really well since being sleeved. I lost 16 lbs in the first week and then have been in a stall ever since. It's very discouraging, but I feel confident that I made the right decision and looking forward to the future.

Congrats to all of the other Spitfires! :D

Ducker, hello! I hear you on not being able to relate to the long termers. It is good to be able to chat with people that are closer in the stages.

PNW - Welcome!

I had my 4 week follow up with my doctor yesterday. He was very happy with my progress, and happy to follow the Nutrionists lead on food now. So I get to start integrating real food into my diet. Strangely so far I have not had any of the affects I was having on purees, being too full or bloated, or gas. So far only been a day and a bit but will see how it goes.

My nutrionist wants me to start to integrate foods, and try and ensure that I cover all food groups. Here is my suggested diet:

Bk - Toast with a spread (wholemeal toast)

MT- fruit cup or fresh fruit (feels too early for full fruit so fruit cups are my preferred option)

lunch - Cracker with some kind of meat/protein

AT - Same as morning tea

dinner - Some Protein a bit of carb and a few bites of vegs. At the moment Proteins should be minced at this stage.

I know this goes against alot of the standards on this board of having Protein quota so to speak.

As of this morning I am 35pounds down in 2 months, since my first appt with the doctor, almost 20 since my surgery.

I had swapped lunch and dinner yesterday, had a cracker with cream cheese and ham, it was like the most amazing thing. And then had toast this morning....so yum... ...small things.

Hope you all are progressing well!!!

I am so happy to see everyone progressing so well, even those of us who are in or just got out of a stall. It happens, but the scale will move again! We just have to keep going with the plan.

Something about September.. I too hit the stall early on...but today saw a one pound loss..hoping it's not a fluke ;) I'm crossing my fingers for us all!

Hey!

I was sleeved on 9/14. I just had my 5 1/2ish week follow up today my Dr thinks I'm doing great. I feel a little discouraged because I'm not loosing as fast as many others. I'm down almost 35 pounds, its only been like 20 post surgery sad.gif I know, I know you should not compare, but its so freaking frustrating!! I barely eat between 600-800 calories, I get my Water and still drink my Protein shakes daily. I'm trying to stay positive because I know I will never see those 35 pounds again biggrin.gif

Anywhoo, CONGRATS to all of us!

Hi All,

I had my first non scale victory yesterday.

I was travelling for work with no extender belt required woot woot woot.

Sorry I had to share that:)

Hi All,

I had my first non scale victory yesterday.

I was travelling for work with no extender belt required woot woot woot.

Sorry I had to share that:)

THAT IS SOOOO FANTASTIC! ALL THE SMALL VICTORIES THAT WE HAVE ARE REALLY HUGE ONES!

KEEP STRONG

How are all the Spitfires doing?

I reached my first goal (loss of 25kg) this morning. People are starting to notice the difference now. I had a lady I work with today say I am looking really good.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Congrats Aussie Girl. Way to go. I saw family today that I have not seen in a couple of months and they were raving over my weight loss. Comments were that I looked so much younger and more like when I was a teenager. Funny! I was a little uncomfortable with all the attention but at the same time very proud of myself.

I have lost 43 pounds since surgery and the last month has really slowed. I am hoping it's just a temporary stall and I will be out of it soon. Just taking it one day at a time and doing what I know I am supposed to. Having trouble getting all my liquids in some days so hoping maybe I am just retaining Water as a result. I am trying to up my fluids and get exercise in.