Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 3RD!!!

I am brand new here and will be having my VSG NEXT Mon the 3rd! I am currently on my stage II liquid pre-op diet. Looking forward to learning how to navigate this new support page =):rolleyes:

Hi TinyTummie,

My surgery is also scheduled for next Monday, 10/3...... and I must admit, the nerves are setting in. My surgery is in Mexico with Dr. Aceves. Where is your surgery being done?

Welcome, Tiny!! So glad you are here and part of our group!! I'm getting nervous and my surgery is on the 20th.....phew the, 3rd!! I have butterflies for you! But I know it's all SO worth it....it will be exciting to follow your journey and then have you there for advice when us later-in-the-months have our surgery!

What are you doing to prepare? I have to admit, I made a big turkey dinner this last Saturday to get my holiday joneses out, lol!!! It was SOOOOOO good, and it's in plenty of time before my pre-oop diet. And I made a bunch of homemade turkey broth/soup to freeze for later! And mashed potatoes and gravy to freeze for the mushy stage!

OMG Lisa, my turkey dinner was AMAZING, lol! I am still eating turkey sammiches and I made a big pot of Soup and broth to freeze for later! I'm glad I got it out of my system. Now i won't be all forlorn on Thanksgiving when everyone is gorging themselves...I can have my baby plate, a few bites, and I'll be just fine! :P

Oh i'm so glad it was such a success! I was thinking about Thanksgiving the other day and thinking that this year I will be forced to choose wisely since I won't be able to eat very much. It will also be nice not to feel uncomfortably full after dinner. I just wonder if I'll be able to eat my Mom's famous stuffing ... even just a tiny taste.

Oh and yesterday my Nutritionist gave me a great tip, she said to take the homemade broth and pour it into ice cube trays to freeze it. That way you have little individual serving sizes for after surgery. I love that!

Have an awesome day!

My surgery is scheduled for the 3rd at 7:30am and I am in total freak-out mode. I started my liquid diet early (by a day) and I am having a hard day so far. I keep telling myself that it will get better but since I have been through this once before with my band surgery I know that it will only get a little better...& I will still be hungry. I stocked up on diet snapple, sugar free hawaiian punch and some of that mio liquid stuff but I am so hungry I cannot even think straight. I refrained from any kind of binge eating before my liquid journey simply because I know that would only expand my tummy and make me even more hungry.

I know this is all mental but I think it's not only the liquid fast but I think its the fear of something happeneing to me like the last time. Ahh!! Well if anyone can help calm my nerves and kinda help me stay focused for the next 6 days I would appreciate all the help!

6 days and counting... I am excited, scared, excited, scared, hungry, excited :D probably in that order as well :)

Have a great day! BTW, where is everyone from, I am from San Diego, CA :)

My surgery is scheduled for the 3rd at 7:30am and I am in total freak-out mode. I started my liquid diet early (by a day) and I am having a hard day so far. I keep telling myself that it will get better but since I have been through this once before with my band surgery I know that it will only get a little better...& I will still be hungry. I stocked up on diet snapple, sugar free hawaiian punch and some of that mio liquid stuff but I am so hungry I cannot even think straight. I refrained from any kind of binge eating before my liquid journey simply because I know that would only expand my tummy and make me even more hungry.

I know this is all mental but I think it's not only the liquid fast but I think its the fear of something happeneing to me like the last time. Ahh!! Well if anyone can help calm my nerves and kinda help me stay focused for the next 6 days I would appreciate all the help!

6 days and counting... I am excited, scared, excited, scared, hungry, excited :D probably in that order as well :)

Hi Missy,

My surgery is also scheduled for 10/3/2011. I have so much to take care of before Monday, that I haven't had time to freak out yet.... I have a friend flying in to take care of my son while I'm in the hospital so I've been in full house-cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry mode. Plus, lots of projects at work to tie up before I take two weeks off. Believe me, by Sunday night I be in Full. Freak. Out. ! I'm so glad that Dr. Aceves gives a sleeping pill to his patients the night before surgery.

By the way, I live in San Diego too! Where are you having your surgery?

Hi Missy,

My surgery is also scheduled for 10/3/2011. I have so much to take care of before Monday, that I haven't had time to freak out yet.... I have a friend flying in to take care of my son while I'm in the hospital so I've been in full house-cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry mode. Plus, lots of projects at work to tie up before I take two weeks off. Believe me, by Sunday night I be in Full. Freak. Out. ! I'm so glad that Dr. Aceves gives a sleeping pill to his patients the night before surgery.

By the way, I live in San Diego too! Where are you having your surgery?

I'm getting operated at Scripps Green in La Jolla. I had my gastric band surgery in Mexico in 2005 and I don't want to scare you with my experiences, but I trust that all will be well with you. :) I have a lot of work to do as well before my surgery and a lot of nerves to calm, but first things first I need to get through this 5 day liquid fast :) :)

Where are you having your procedure at Hospital Angeles?

Hang in there, Missy....I've heard day 3 is the worst, then it gets better/easier after that.....

So I am curious how you are all feeling 1 week out from surgery? I have mine next Monday and am just a little concerned about getting throught the first week.

Would love it if you would share.

Thanks!

Hi

I am 1 week out (Surgery was 6pm OCT 3 Australian time) today and am off the pain killers now

I have been giving some thought as to the difference b/n lack of hunger and satiety.

At the moment I find myself halfway through the tiniest plate of slops and stop b/c it is giving me nothing.

There is no discomfort related to hunger at all. I am certainly low on energy related to the lack of calories,

but must fight to keep the food intake up (and hence the energy) up to where I don't just want to sleep all day.

Meohmy the 1st 2 days are difficult but once the N-G drain tube was out I felt much better.

Just write the 1st week off mentally. Do as they tell you and have faith and we'll see you on the other siderolleyes.gif

So I am curious how you are all feeling 1 week out from surgery? I have mine next Monday and am just a little concerned about getting throught the first week.

Would love it if you would share.

Thanks!