Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Get it off my Chest!

Ugh what a horrible month, first off the economy really sucks with lay offs and increasing taxes and all. . but "SOMEONE" keeps taking vacation and using money from the country like it grows on trees. . . what a dumba$$ . . anyhow then there is our company who downsized alot, of my 8 staff we lost the 2 front clerical staff, and 1 nurse, the physician and the program manager. . however we continue to keep the 70 patients who demand service everyday and the city has cut the clinic hours from a 40 hour week to a 28 hour week for patient care. . . so now that the front clerical staff is gone, who will register the clients? Who will help translate? Who will collect the fees answer phones? Now that the nurse is gone, yes i can continue to see the clients, but she was the one who helped with the monthly inventory, patient care, etc. . . then i have 1 PA and 1 NP who are good workers but the clinic hours are also changing (of course they are) from 8 - 5 to 4pm to 8pm (to give working people a chance to come to the clinic) Well the NP and PA don't and won't stay until 8PM, they say they are contracted and can do whatever they want . . (ugh, my little defiant group) the physician used to come down and help when these two little chickens of mine didn't want to. . but now he's been eliminated as well. . . SOOOOO that leave me. . . good old me the stupid a$$ supervisor . . . they (city) are "trying" to get me help. . . yeah right. . . well whatever happens happens huh? I'm only one person. . . i've never been in this type of situation before and it's really stressful, to the point where I'm doing alot of stress eating. . . and my crutch??? licorice. . . I get 1 box (6oz) of licorice pieces and chew on this all day long. . . and diet coke????? (go figure) I have normal Breakfast, very small lunch (probably cause I'm too full or sick feeling from the damn licorice and stress) and maybe dinner (mostly not thought). . . I have resorted to taking benedryl to help me sleep sometimes cause after so many nights of horrible nightmares and more awake then asleep one must do something. . . thank god for hubbie, he's my sounding board and he understands. . .

All this goes into affect on October 3rd. . . wish me luck. . .and if anyone needs a contracted postion (28 hours/week with Wednesday from 3 - 8pm) as clerical or a NP/RN in a super busy heavy duty public health clinic in lovely San Antonio, TX, let me know! I'll put ya'll to the proper people. . .

Thanks for letting me gripe and complain. . . at least the weight hasn't climbed up. . . but i sure as heck don't need an ulcer right now, my bougie was 28/32F and there is totally NO room for another surgery for ulcers. . . . ugh. . . .

Thinoneday, it's the frontline that's taking the hit right now. Soon the back office drones will feel the pain too. I hate the fact that the 1st to be axed are the ppl who actually do the work, how the heel does this happen???!!

thank you for your post Jane, i really thought for a minute no one really cared anymore. . . hahaha how funny that is, but yes you are right the ones that actually do all the work are the ones that lose their positions first. . . it's so sad, now we have 2 contracted staff who have to learn EVERYTHING there is to know about the front desk in 1 week. . . gosh I hope they are quick learners. . .oh well all I can do is sit back and take check of the situation. . . after all I am not the program manager right? or the city manager who will receive all the complaints. . . then we'll see what happens. . . .

Whatever, how are you doing? you have done fantastic on your weight loss! Good for you! I bet you feel so much better! Well take of your dear self and chat soon again!

Whenever a full time person leaves, we hire a "substitute" person who gets no benefits at all. Our program keeps getting cuts and I keep my fingers crossed that it will still get funding during the next round of budget cuts in California. I just tell myself I am happy I am still employed! Hang in there lady.

thank you feedyoureye . . it's the best i can do is to hang in there. . no point in getting gray over it i guess. Yup i tell myself that everyday "at least I have a job" but its the damnest thing to get up and come to it. . . thanks for listening and responding. . .

Thinoneday - what is happening to your facility is happening at others too. My sis is a PA at a low cost health care clinic, and the same stuff is going on there. She was killing herself trying to see way too many patients in a day. There certaininly doesn't seem to be any good answers coming from our leaders.:blink:

How about substituting beef Jerky for licorice? Individual small packages of beef Jerky are high Protein, low calorie (relatively) and offer lots of satisfying chewing. I go for those when I just have to chew. And I drink flavored propel Water or peach mango crystal lite instead of diet coke.

Hang in there!

awwww skcunningham, I could just hug you! your so sweet. . . problem with beef Jerky is the incredible amount of sodium it has in it. Swells me up like a big balloon and i already have problems with swelling. I take 80 mg of lasix and 20 mg of amiloride to help with swelling and retention. . . but thanks for the tip! If i could i surely would! love ya all. . . .

p.s. we're coming closer to the end of the week. . . the stress levels are very high at work. . but once it's over, hopefully in the next 2 weeks, life should go back to normal. thanks to all who answered my post and gave me hope. . . you are all great!

Hey Thin!

I've no real words of wisdom for you on the work front... but I am sending you massive cwtches (welsh for hugs) from across the pond! You are a great friend to me and I don't like hearing that you are stressed out... especially in work. Hang tight my lovely friend x