Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SURGERY ON 09/02-I HAVE NO PROBLEMS?

I was just curious. I had surgery on 09/02 and since day 1, I was able to swallow and drink just fine. I actually drank 20oz of gatorade 2 days after surgery and it didn't hurt or anything.

I have been so hungry that I went on to my mushies on day 7, like the dr advised, but I can eat fish, eggs, well pretty much everything I have no pain just a fullness when I eat several bites.

Any other sleevers have this experience?

Laura :blink:

Haha, I wish. I am probably still a little swollen, and I am a little forgetful about my fluids. But that's awesome you are doing so well!

WOW! That is amazing! Good for you girlie! Take it and RUN :) Blessings!!!!

Ohhh, I hope I can be like that as well!! I think you should embrace it, don't question it!

I had that exact experience, and so does most of Dr Kelly's other patients that I have spoke with. It is amazing and quite nice when you sort of have yourself prepared for the rougher recovery we read about here a lot. That's why I am constantly saying I am so grateful. Not just to finally be sleeved but to have a great surgeon AND a ridiculously easy recovery. I didn't have problems with pain, nausea, throwing up, as soon as allowed, I could drink with ease, then when I moved to food it was also easy. I haven't had any food intolerance's yet. All foods that I've tried go down easy and stay down and don't bother my sleeve. I joke around and say it's like I didn't even have surgery, but I see the tiny healed scars on my tummy, I saw my sleeve during the leak test, and I feel the restriction when I'm suppose to. It's nice to be sleeved and feel so normal!!

I am not trying to make anyone who is having a rougher time feel bad, but I am just still amazed by this and was happy to find another person with the same experience. I also want to give others hope that there are people who have had fairly easy and smooth recoveries, we are all different and so many things can factor in. I may be biased but I totally feel that the surgeons skill can make a big difference.

Congrats again on being sleeved, and I'm so happy you are doing well and not having any problems. Sleeveland is a great place to be!

:)

I am glad to hear you had an easy time too. I know I sent Trish a message to ask Dr Kelly if he is sure he took some of my stomach out, because I feel awesome!

I was just slightly worried that I won't lose weight, but just when the doubt pops up. It is coming off a little slower for me because I did not do the pre-op diet since my bmi was lower.

I am exactly like you I feel the restriction, but I can drink normal and like you I am just so amazed and thanking the Lord, because my friend had it and she is miserable.

It's like I feel better now than I did before.

Thanks for your response!

Laura

I had that exact experience, and so does most of Dr Kelly's other patients that I have spoke with. It is amazing and quite nice when you sort of have yourself prepared for the rougher recovery we read about here a lot. That's why I am constantly saying I am so grateful. Not just to finally be sleeved but to have a great surgeon AND a ridiculously easy recovery. I didn't have problems with pain, nausea, throwing up, as soon as allowed, I could drink with ease, then when I moved to food it was also easy. I haven't had any food intolerance's yet. All foods that I've tried go down easy and stay down and don't bother my sleeve. I joke around and say it's like I didn't even have surgery, but I see the tiny healed scars on my tummy, I saw my sleeve during the leak test, and I feel the restriction when I'm suppose to. It's nice to be sleeved and feel so normal!!

I am not trying to make anyone who is having a rougher time feel bad, but I am just still amazed by this and was happy to find another person with the same experience. I also want to give others hope that there are people who have had fairly easy and smooth recoveries, we are all different and so many things can factor in. I may be biased but I totally feel that the surgeons skill can make a big difference.

Congrats again on being sleeved, and I'm so happy you are doing well and not having any problems. Sleeveland is a great place to be!

I hope you do well too! Who is your surgery with? Just have positive thoughts and pray about it and don't worry! :rolleyes: I can't wait to hear how great you are doing!

Ohhh, I hope I can be like that as well!! I think you should embrace it, don't question it!

Thanks everyone for your reply makes me feel better! I am very glad I have no issues don't get me wrong, but I am losing weight a lot slower than all the major posters on here. I was just checking!

Thanks again!:D

I think we all worry that we are going to be slow losers. As a matter of fact I know I am. For one thing, I lost a big chunk right before I was sleeved. So I didn't have the immediate rush everyone else gets of the Water leaving my body. Then I was diabetic, although I am off meds and it seems to be I am cured or in remission, I still worry I may be somewhat insulin resistant. I hope not, but it's possible. Then another thing, I had a hysterectomy a few yrs back, and I think I may be menopausal or perimenopause maybe. All these things I feel are working against me, but I don't mind being a slow loser, as long as I lose it eventually. I know the sleeve will give me the best chance I've ever had at success.

I hope you do well too! Who is your surgery with? Just have positive thoughts and pray about it and don't worry! :rolleyes: I can't wait to hear how great you are doing!

I am having my surgery, hopefully on Monday, with Dr. Pinnar in Jacksonville fl. I am planning on keeping everyone updated as I go :) Right now I have no qualms at all about the surgery itself... getting to the surgery is proving to be an everest sized challenge!

Once again Kelly, right there with you. I am also diabetic, but I am encourage by you. You have lost a great deal of weight and before surgery I really couldn't lose any significant weight without starving to death and working out 7 days a week (insulin resistance).

But you are right the scale is headed in the right direction and it wasn't doing that before.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Laura

I think we all worry that we are going to be slow losers. As a matter of fact I know I am. For one thing, I lost a big chunk right before I was sleeved. So I didn't have the immediate rush everyone else gets of the Water leaving my body. Then I was diabetic, although I am off meds and it seems to be I am cured or in remission, I still worry I may be somewhat insulin resistant. I hope not, but it's possible. Then another thing, I had a hysterectomy a few yrs back, and I think I may be menopausal or perimenopause maybe. All these things I feel are working against me, but I don't mind being a slow loser, as long as I lose it eventually. I know the sleeve will give me the best chance I've ever had at success.

I know how that feels we started planning our trip in Feb and didn't make it until Sept.2. WOW what a long journey. It comes fast and then you will be sleeved. Hang in there!

Laura

I am having my surgery, hopefully on Monday, with Dr. Pinnar in Jacksonville fl. I am planning on keeping everyone updated as I go :) Right now I have no qualms at all about the surgery itself... getting to the surgery is proving to be an everest sized challenge!

I have also had zero problems since surgery (touch wood), to this day things are going quite well. Glad they are going well for you, too!

I have also had zero problems since surgery (touch wood), to this day things are going quite well. Glad they are going well for you, too!

I've also had no complications/problems since my surgery (sept 1, 2011). I was off pain meds maybe the 3rd or 4th day after surgery. I can drink regular with np. Im not supposed to move onto mushies until Oct 1st tho..but ive had a few teaspoons of Beans.. also a small chunck of grilled chicken (one of the chunks youd find in a salad) and i've had zero problems with any of it. My gf however wants me to still wait until my noted dates to advance to regular foods (although I told her im fine). But yea..no complications here. :)

I am glad you are doing so well too! I think they want you to wait just to make sure the stomach heals properly. Everywhere is so different.

Well wishes and God bless! The journey continues....:rolleyes:

I've also had no complications/problems since my surgery (sept 1, 2011). I was off pain meds maybe the 3rd or 4th day after surgery. I can drink regular with np. Im not supposed to move onto mushies until Oct 1st tho..but ive had a few teaspoons of Beans.. also a small chunck of grilled chicken (one of the chunks youd find in a salad) and i've had zero problems with any of it. My gf however wants me to still wait until my noted dates to advance to regular foods (although I told her im fine). But yea..no complications here. :)