Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharon's Push to Goal

My name is Sharon. I will be 55 this Christmas. My highest weight ever (last year in September) was around 263. I was 253 when I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Nick and 241 when I had surgery. I am 168-170 now. My goal weight (I think) is 135 - but I may decide to stop at 140 - depends on how I look and feel and at what weight I can maintain without living in the gym 6 days a week. I have been waiting to start participating in this forum until I got this close to goal. I need a push to persevere the rest of the way.

So I have lost approximatly 83-85 pounds in 6 1/2 months (including the 2 week preop). I started out in 24W's and had just moved into 3X tops. A guys 2XL T shirt was tight on me. Now, I wear mostly 14P pants and XL or L tops. My waist is still proportinately too big compared to my hips, or I would be wearing 12P pants. I am broad shouldered - not big bosomed (I am a B+cup size - I was only a D 80 pounds ago). At goal I will probably be in 10's - maybe some 8's - depending on how small I get my waist. My body is built in a way that I don't think my skeleton would wear a size 4. :D

Unlike most of you on this thread - I have not been a faithful hard exerciser these last six months. I was enjoying Zumba classes, and working out on my elliptical - then I sprained my ankle cleaning fat clothes out of my spare closet. I haven't done anything but streching for 3 weeks while I have been wearing my boot cast. One more week and I will be out of it (fingers crossed).

My plan (post boot) is to exercise for 45 minutes-1 hour a minimum of 3 days a week. Zumba, cardio and body weight exercises (squats, lunges, and core exercises) and maybe incorporate some light weights.

My time frame is this - I want lose 15 pounds by October 15th, then the next 15 pounds by January 1st. At that point I will determine how low I want to go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches