Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success and the very nice gentlemen...

Below is an encounter I had with a exceptionally thoughtful gentleman whom help me decide on weight loss surgery in a strange sort of way.

I recalled attending a TCOYD (Taking Care of Your Diabetes) Conference approx 3 years ago in Kenner Louisiana. In the lobby of the conference center I met an extremely nice middle age man who happened to be morbidly obese, body weight around 375 to 400 lbs. We discuss things such as diets, glucose meters, and other things pertaining to the seminar. We walked slowly around the building, the gentleman began to tired quite rapidly. As a result, I suggested we take seat on a couch until the exhausted gentleman regained his energy. After 10 minutes or so we decided to attend a few breakout sessions together. One of the things I most remembered about that encounter was that pleasant and polite gentleman could not get up on his own from the sofa, he struggled from side to side as each attempted to push himself up from the setting position. It was quite strenuous and very demanding, he was helpless and powerless to regained his standing posture. I asked him did he needed help, and his reply was yes. At that moment I convinced myself to look into weight reduction surgery. After the conference I never met the man again. Strangely, I would like to see him, maybe to thank him or offer suggestions about WLS.

My accomplishment from the sleeve (85 lbs in seven months and off all meds including diabetes) and everyday struggles occur by many experiences. So as to that one day is very difficult to forget.

wow that experience must have been very powerful to you. i wish that you could be able to contact him to help him the way that he unintentionally helped you.

Let's hope your inspiration decides to have WLS and joins us! It is interesting though how people seem to come into our lives at the exact moment we need them...isn't it? Congratulations on your weight loss and getting off of your diabetic medications! I too have now moved into the "normal" range for my blood sugar so I am doing the happy dance.

Thanks for sharing your story. :D

Congratulations on your impressive achievements. If you can't contact the man - just include him in your prayers - sound like he will need them.

It is so interesting to think of the effects people have on each others' lives - unknowingly. That man is oblivious to the profound impact he had in your decision to change your life. What encountes have each of us had with someone else where we were the impetus for change in their lives? Makes you stop and think. I think this forum is a wonderful (and for me, a new) way to interact with people. I know there are people on this forum that have inspired me in ways to successfully use my sleeve to change my life and achieve my goals.

Thank you for a thought-provoking post. Good luck to you in your journey.

Hi all,

I was at a seminar last year and saw a youngish looking woman being wheeled around by her 20 something daughter in a huge wheelchair and she still didn't fit in it. It was a huge wake up call for me. See, I have been overweight all my life and it never stopped me....even to the point of traveling around the world twice to China to get my girls. But this picture looked like my future. Did I go through all it took to get my girls just to have them wheel me around when I'm older? Heck no!!!! So now I'm a month out of surgery and with my pre-op weight loss I have lost 75lbs. Can't wait to WALK down the aisle at my daughters weddings! Onward....Tracy w.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches