Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you handle sweet cravings?

I was banded 11/05 at 250lbs., however, I'm having a horrible problem getting Protein down, when I can eat any crackers, Cookies, etc.

I've lost 35lbs so far. Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation.:help:

Im glad to see that you brought this question to a new thread Lisa. I saw it on the Before and After pics.

When you say youre having a horrible time getting Protein down, do you mean youre having a hard time eating hard Proteins such as chicken, fish, or red meat because they get stuck? Or youre just having a hard time finding good sources of Protein that you would want to eat?

I eat the sweet I want, in moderation. I try to count my calories and include it in. Good Job on your 35 pounds gone. Can you eat Beans, ground turkey or ground beef for your source of Protein?

I eat chocolate covered nuts (almonds mostly), Lo-cal (or low carb) pretzels dipped in Nutella, and I make frozen peach lemonade slushies using Crystal Light lemonade and nectar brand 'fuzzy navel' Protein Powder. I make up some ice cubes with the Protein Drink and then blend it into the CL. yummmmmm! Oh! Atkins makes some good bars as well. There is one coconut bar that is small and tastes just like a Mounds bar.

I don't feel guilty eating any of these because they all provide Protein and fill my need for sweets without giving me completely empty calories.:)

I eat the sweet I want, in moderation. I try to count my calories and include it in.

This is what I do, too. Give in to the craving sometimes but just a little. And count it in your calorie count for the day.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have trouble getting it down. My surgery buddy tells me to take my time, and chew very slowly- which I do, but still have problems.

I have a YUMMY chocolate ice blended from the coffee Bean. It is sugar-free/fat-free and is amazing! Or I freeze "Vitamin Water" by Glacieu...yummy slushie!

If I have one of these things every day, it curbs my sweet tooth with FEW calories.

sugar-free hard candies work for me. I keep the large bag somehwere inconvenient (for me, my garage - it's detached from the house) and just keep about 5 in my pocketbook at a time.

RE: Protein - Trader Joes sells some good cab cakes, maybe you can try them?

Good luck!

Now I do my Protein from food, but I have used quite a bit of the unflavored Unjury powder as I got to this point. I mixed it in all kinds of things! broth, Jello, Protein Shakes, with DaVinci syrups, sugar free of course! It worked well for me. If I feel I am low in protein now I still sprinkle a bit on things, I have even put it in spaghetti sauce! For sugar cravings I do lots of sugar free popsicles. I use the DaVinci syrups to make all kinds of them too, with juices added. All things in moderation, I find I do better if I am craving something, to just have a small amount, or I tend to obssess over what I cannot have!

Good Luck to you!

Kat

I have some sugar free candy every now and again. I can get TOO addicted to it so I have to be super careful.

I echo others, you gotta be getting down the Proteins. You won't be as hungry for sweets if you do. I was skeered for a long time to eat meat. It seems TOO tough but you gotta try. Chew and chew and chew!!!!

Try mashing up a hard boiled egg with a little mayo and mustard for an bit of egg salad. Good Protein, easy on the calories and VERY satisfying!

Also, cook a chicken breast then whir it around in a kitchen blender (one of those magic bullet thingies). I whir the beejesus out of chicken with some season salt and spices and a little cheese and mayo. Makes a chicken pate kind of a deal that is SUPER yummy, chock full of Protein and goes down nice. (and hey, you can do the same with a can of tuna!)

Experiment!

:kiss2: Thanks to all who took the time to relpy to me!

I have all the things mentioned at home, and feel so dumb. I will finally open the Protein powder & use it. I do crave the protein also, and now I will take the chicken and blend it- pate sounds great.

I also have the sugarless candies- Ill give them a try again.

Boo- I was wondering what the iced chocolate is? I love my iced coffee, and it's one of my staples.

Good luck to all of You:clap2:

Mona