Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had mine today. Not too bad overall, but for those of you who will have to have the upper GI - YUCK to the barium you have to drink! It was awful, I nearly gagged. :)

Had mine on Monday but thankfully no upper GI!:D

Had mine on Friday! No upper GI, thank goodness! Bloodwork, EKG, chest x-ray and paperwork. Just a nutrition class and clearance from my PCP and then surgery on the 2nd! Woo Hoo!!!

Strange how things are different. I had a respitory (breathing) test... they sent home a practice contraption that I have to bring surgery day, blood work, an EKG, met with the doc and a class with the RN and Nut. Took most of the day.

I had my gallbladder scan today and the rest of my pre-op is Friday the 5th, not sure what all it entails but I know I have to meet with the nurse before the Dr visit.

Strange how things are different. I had a respitory (breathing) test... they sent home a practice contraption that I have to bring surgery day, blood work, an EKG, met with the doc and a class with the RN and Nut. Took most of the day.

Had my pre op Tuesday, surgery is Aug. 2nd. Barium was awful, even though they flavored it with orange, don't like the foamy texture. Also had a fizzy drink I had to drink at one time. Said it put air in stomach so they could get better pictures. I just pretended it was a shot and downed it lol. The teck did say to drink plenty of Water that day to flush barium out.

Had my daughter hook her Wii up at our house to do walking by when I get home. Will be going to our camp to recoup 1st week. Camp is actually 30 minutes from hospital. Dr. Hargroder, Gonzalas, La. is doing my surgery. He did daughters surgery and was awesome. Hubby can do a little fishing and still be there, and I can relax. It has been in upper 90's where I live and so hot. We also have one of the little above ground pools I have been walking circles in, but will have to wait a couple of weeks after surgery to do that.

Trying to do last minute cleaning to stay busy so I will not think of all those "last meals I want to get in before". Nurse said after today do not do anymore cleaning, cooking for the freezer for the family, running errands, etc., to rest. Does she have a camera in my house? She said your body needs rest. She said so many come there totally exhaused. Okay, I can handle that.

Had my pre op Tuesday, surgery is Aug. 2nd. Barium was awful, even though they flavored it with orange, don't like the foamy texture. Also had a fizzy drink I had to drink at one time. Said it put air in stomach so they could get better pictures. I just pretended it was a shot and downed it lol. The teck did say to drink plenty of Water that day to flush barium out.

Had my daughter hook her Wii up at our house to do walking by when I get home. Will be going to our camp to recoup 1st week. Camp is actually 30 minutes from hospital. Dr. Hargroder, Gonzalas, La. is doing my surgery. He did daughters surgery and was awesome. Hubby can do a little fishing and still be there, and I can relax. It has been in upper 90's where I live and so hot. We also have one of the little above ground pools I have been walking circles in, but will have to wait a couple of weeks after surgery to do that.

Trying to do last minute cleaning to stay busy so I will not think of all those "last meals I want to get in before". Nurse said after today do not do anymore cleaning, cooking for the freezer for the family, running errands, etc., to rest. Does she have a camera in my house? She said your body needs rest. She said so many come there totally exhaused. Okay, I can handle that.

HEY, i am here in Baton Rouge and I know about the heat!!!!!!!!!! I am using Dr. Leblanc here. I talked to someone who used your doctor and she had nothing but good things to say about him.... Be blessed in your new journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also had the barium swallow and felt like a plucked bird for the next three days!!! :omg_smile:

My preop was today. I was supposed to be at St. Mary's in Richmond Virginia at 8:30 to start, but I was there at more like 7:30. I think it paid off because they rocketed me around the hospital and got me out for the labwork by 9:30. That wasn't bad in my opinion for outpatient registration, hospital registration, ultrasound, 10 vials of blood, arterial blood gas, x-ray, and EKG. It seems that's the usual for St. Mary's for anybody going there.

I did paperwork, had a consultation with Dr. Bautista, and got my physical at 1. Again, it was pretty quick. I was out by 2. My next appointment is August 11 for this little thing called surgery. ;)

Dr. Bautista clarified one thing for me -- he hasn't been using Da Vinci for VSG (just for RnY). That may change with my surgery. If he can get the robot, it seems I'll be the first sleeve he will complete that way. I'm not worried because he is reputed to be an ace with the system to my understanding and this surgery in a lot of ways is simpler than the RnY.