Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not the sharpest tool today

I was banded on the 10th of june. I am 11 lbs lighter. I am nervous because I can eat a cup of food at a time:nervous . Sometimes a little over that. I am only supposed to eat half a cup. I realize I am not filled but I am scared that I will still not lose weight. It goes down like always, even if I chew regularly, it doesn't get stuck at all, and I don't eat half as much as I used to. I have been at a stand still for 2 weeks now. For example for lunch I had two slices of wheat bread and 2 slices of ham with 1 slice of cheese (I call that sandwich:hungry: ), I had 2 slices of melon. Now That was filling but much more than my doc wants me to eat:speechles . I am scared for myself control. Because I have none:o . I just want to know if the first fill really does make a difference. Sorry about the rambling I just want this to workout. Also my port are still hurts and it is really hard. Is that normal? I know there is a port there but it feels like a hard muscle lump about the size of a tennis ball. Is the port that big? Ok now I know I sound like the brightest crayon in the box:confused: , but work with me people.lol

Because you are not filled, the pouch empties quicker, so you can eat the full cup. Untill you get a fill, you will be able to eat more. The half cup thing is only an average, and only applies to those at their sweet spot.

My port never hurt, but I gave birth without pain meds, so maybe I am not the gal to ask about pain, lol.

Oh, and crayons are really hard to get off walls... Sharp or not! :nervous

At the beginning, you couldn't eat much because you were swollen - a natural "fill." Now, you are about a month out. Healing has happened. You are hungry. You can eat just about like before. You are in Bandster Hell. It will be better (so I hear) after you get a fill.

Guess how I know this? My first fill is in two weeks. I'm so ready for it :faint:

Thanks stitchy and sammee, Yes I would say bandster hell is a great discription. Also thanks for the advice about crayons sammee. I knew this place had tons to offer.lol

OK, I'm in hell with you. I can eat way more than I should. I am eating good food, but too much of it. I have been hungry almost from day one. I don't think I had much swelling. I do have a very large area that is hard, from below my brest to the large incision. I don't think the port is this big so not sure what is going on. I will have a fill on Wednesday and hope I won't be able to eat as much.

You are not alone in bandster hell.

Girls, I am in bandster hell as well. I was banded on June 6th. I was down 12 lbs post op then quickly gained 5 of it back. My first fill is July 17th. Don't get too down on yourself and try to stop when you aren't hungry anymore. It is tough to gauge how much. I understand that. I'm onto the exercise now and I'm hoping to be down that 12 lbs again by next Tuesday. Its normal to gain sometimes when you have solids. Good luck and don't lose the faith.

I'm with all of you in bandster hell. Sort of like purgatory really. I was banded june 16th so I'm still on mushies... and starving! I lost 13 pounds on the liquid phase and now just stalled (not gaining though). I'll be getting a fill on the first day allowed (Aug 1st). I don't know how some people never get a fill!

I too am traveling with ya'll on the Hades ride down the River Styxx. My fill is not until Aug.1. I'm really trying to be good in my food choices, but I just feel like I'm eating too much. Oh first fill - hurry up and get here!

Terry :confused:

.... I do have a very large area that is hard, from below my brest to the large incision. I don't think the port is this big so not sure what is going on. I will have a fill on Wednesday and hope I won't be able to eat as much.

That sounds like a port to me. I got to see a couple of real ones. They're not tiny. Maybe 3/4 - 1 inch in diameter. Of course, it feels bigger when you have fat and skin over it. And it is hard.

I had my first fill on June 6th and I felt restriction for about one week. I can eat anything with no problems at all right now and I know I'm eating way too much at one time. My second fill is scheduled for July 12th (thank God!) and I can't wait to get some restriction. Weight loss is going good though. I don't have an exercise routine per say, but yard work and unloading and stacking 3 tons of pellets for my winter fuel supply does cause one to work up quite a sweat. Keep the faith and good luck with your fill. I've read that some people do great on the first one.

I hope the fills work, I really want this to work. I need to make an effort to workout. I was given a gift and I shouldn't let it go to waste. This may seem like a dumb question but if you get your first fill and it doesn't hit your sweet spot and u have to go back in a week for another. Do you have to keep paying for the doctors choice? I am positive you do but it kinda doesn't seem fair. If he unfills does he charge as well? I guess all doctors are different. I never asked that question.

Hedwig it varies and is a very good question to ask your band doc. A year of fills was included in my price. I can't get one though closer than 4 weeks apart. My package also included a 6 month and 1 year check-up with labs. Find out what you paid for!

Terry :)

Thanks Terry. I know I have to pay for my fills, I just didn't think about not getting the sweet spot the first try. Which is dumb because I have been here for a while. I have been reading for a whole year. I know I have read about it taking several times to reach the sweet spot. Ok, I really need to start using whats between my ears. I think they removed some of my brains during my banding. At least they did that for free. lol

Don't give up be strong where all with you. exercise and Water helps your weight lose. I found a good walk helps. I started walking everyday and take a large bottle of Water. Keep chin up i haven't experienced bandster hell yet :phanvan but i sure it will come.

LANA:girl_hug:

Hedwig, sometimes it will take a few fills to hit that spot . I've heard of 1-2 for some. My doctor charges $200 a fill with $50 deposit once he bills insurance. Good luck. My first fill is Monday. Keep the faith.