Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The bottom just fell out :(

Signs of the times, I think. I'd heard that hospitals were really clamping down on payment arrangements. They can't really repossess a missing stomach. :)

Just my 2 cents... experience matters, to a point. I'd take someone who has done 300 sleeves over 12 sleeves any day. But to me, it's not going to make much difference if someone has done 300 vs 500, or 1500 vs 8000. At some point, there's enough experience there, and any more isn't making a huge difference. Perhaps a bad analogy, but -- I don't want to be on the interstate with a first time driver, or even a 1 year driver. But it doesn't matter if I go with someonw ho has 15 years of driving experience or 50. So while I agree that experience is important, can you find a surgeon who has enough experience?

If I was right and your "budget" for this is around $10,500 you should be able to find an experienced surgeon in the states in that range. You may even be able to find one near you.

What would scare you about going on your own? FOr the part that matters, you'll be unconscious anyway. :)

Surgery scares the CRAP outta me! I have panic attacks as they wheel me back if I am alone and not sedated. Dh has always been my rock. I have had 3 surgeries since we met 1 of which he was not with me but I was heavily sedated. I remember I was being wheeled out of the OR and the drugs were wearing off and I was waking up. Then the doc realized he forgot to release my carpel tunnel (part 2 of 2 of the surgery) so they wheeled me back in. I was awake and alert, but numb from my shoulder down (some kind of pain block). I had a panic attack. The other 2 he was with me and when I got scared I would look into his eyes and I was reassured. It may seem lame to say this, but he keeps me grounded when all I want to do is run screaming in terror. And its not just the wheeling in part, its like a build up from the time I wake up (If I got any sleep) until the come to get me. The closer it is to time the more panicked I get. DH keeps me sane, not completely calm but sane. Nobody else has ever had the ability to ground me the way he does, nobody, and he does it all without saying a word so I don't feel like I am being talked into calming down, which the way my brain works trying to talk me down makes me think I REALLY DO have something to worry about and makes me panic more. Its weird how he can do that but whatever works, right?

OMG!!!! I can't believe it! I was just talking to a friend, telling her about my problem then it dawned on me, she speaks spanish! So I thought about what everyone said about DH watching the boys and taking a friend so I asked her if she would be interested in coming with me. What she said took me by complete surprise!! She said "Well, why don't I just watch the boys and then you can take your husband with you?"!! I was like "Do you realize I will be gone for about a week?" and she said she thought I would be gone for 2 weeks when she offered so that was even better :lol:. Please God, don't let her back out on me too cuz if she doesn't I am back on track!!! 36_1_34.gif

Call Dr. Steven C. Simon, MD at 480-419-2280 for info, Kristie. SLC is an hour direct flight to Phoenix. Dr. Simon is WONDERFUL! He will guide you through this whole process. I am not sure what his fees are when you don't have ins or out of state, but he says he arranges financing to help with paying. He does surgery at Paradise Valley Hospital, located on E. Bell Road at 40th St. They are part of the Abrazo Network. Good luck, and keep me posted. :DRonda

I have a friend hubby might be able to stay with while I am in the hosp.She lives in SLC Utah. It he/she anywhere near there(like within an hour or so?)? What are the fees? What is the docs name so I can look into them?

I drove by myself to see dr pleatman in Michigan the total cost was 11200. Going alone wasn't bad at all. They weren't happy cause they wanted somebody else to drive me home, but whatever.