Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Protein Drink Today - Why am I so tired? WIERD?

I did notice that a couple of weeks out from the surgery I started "drooping". I think it is just your body's way of catching up with the trauma of the surgery?

Also Protein Drinks do a number on my stomach! I get kind of a sick at my stomach feeling and heartbeat starts pounding and stomach starts rolling. My nut said rapid heartbeat right after eating can be a "dump" signal from my stomach saying it does not like what I ate. I do notice that when I get the "sick at my stomach feeling" I feel better if I lay down for a while. Have you noticed anything like that? Maybe the shakes are not agreeing with your tummy?

I did notice that a couple of weeks out from the surgery I started "drooping". I think it is just your body's way of catching up with the trauma of the surgery?

Also Protein drinks do a number on my stomach! I get kind of a sick at my stomach feeling and heartbeat starts pounding and stomach starts rolling. My nut said rapid heartbeat right after eating can be a "dump" signal from my stomach saying it does not like what I ate. I do notice that when I get the "sick at my stomach feeling" I feel better if I lay down for a while. Have you noticed anything like that? Maybe the shakes are not agreeing with your tummy?

Well, I have noticed the rapid heartbeat, but I don't get queasy or ill...I figured that was just the 'boost' since I really haven't had many calories and no real hunger in 10 or 11 days. Maybe it's just that my body gets a "shot" and then crashes. I'm using VERY low carb Protein Shakes...so I know it's not the sugar. It seemed a little better today, as far as the tiredness thing went. I'll keep tabs on it...it's sort of weird to be so in tune (i.e., so clean as a whistle lol) that I can feel the metabolic changes from something I ingest. Now THERE'S a whole new experience!!

Thanks for the input. I'll really pay attention.

Hi Sue,

I had surgery on 7/12 and I still need a nap each day. I've been drinking Protein since 4 days out per my surgeon. I think part of the tiredness is also the anesthesia being released from our body. I think that takes a few weeks to get entirely out of your system.

Hi Sue,

I had surgery on 7/12 and I still need a nap each day. I've been drinking Protein since 4 days out per my surgeon. I think part of the tiredness is also the anesthesia being released from our body. I think that takes a few weeks to get entirely out of your system.

[/quote

Readytolive,

It could very well have been. I'm 2 1/2 weeks out now and things are MUCH better in the tired dept. I found out my blood pressure had also dropped a lot, so that was part of it for sure!

Hope you are doing well :)

Susan

I had a Protein drink this morning and had to take a nap within 2 hours... Had another Protein Drink about an hour ago, and I could take another nap. What the heck?

Has anyone else noticed this in the transition from clears to Protein drinks? (I'm 10 day's out).

Thanks for your input,

Susan

How many grams of Protein are you taking a day? You need 70 grams a day. Go to a Vitamin store and buy some Protein Shots.< /p>

Also get a B12 shot from your doctor once a month.

And take 2 chewable Multivitamins a day for the first month.

I am doing all of this and I feel pretty good, also everyone tells me to drink more Water when I'm feeling tired.

I was sleeved July 4, 2011.

Good Luck

Thanks Darlis...this post is a couple weeks old.

I was doing all those things you suggested, getting at least 70g Protein per day and taking all the Vitamins, including sublingual B12.< /p>

I think it was just normal "jet lag" so to speak, from the detox, low low blood pressure (didn't see the drastic change happening so soon, because I didn't factor in the 'no sodium" affect of my diet...duh!!), the remnants of the anesthesia...and probably the "exhale" from having this climatic event over in my life. :rolleyes:

Anyway, for anyone else following the thread, I feel fantastic. I am starting week 5 post-op as of Thursday, 8/4/11.

it's sort of weird to be so in tune (i.e., so clean as a whistle lol) that I can feel the metabolic changes from something I ingest. Now THERE'S a whole new experience!!

This is hilarious and SO true!:lol: Glad you are feeling great.

I was really tired for about a month after surgery. I did become anemic, so not sure if that was why or not!

I went back to work after a week, but I had to go to bed by 7 every night!! LOL.

It will get better, your body went thru a lot and is just trying to recover!

kelly :D

These posts explain a lot to me. Friday this week I will be 3 weeks out and I am SO tired. I am struggling to get in my Protein though so that might be part of it. I can't stand the taste of anything. I try to force it but it is so hard when you don't like anything. Suggestions please!!

I'm 40 days out and still get tired. I have doubled my Vitamins, added zinc, Iron and liquid Calcium.< /p>

I drink a whey power shot with 42 grams of Protein in the morning,...(YUCK!!! these make me feel sick to my stomach, these are 1000 times worse than the boost or ensure...... I have to hold my nose while drinking them) and a whey Protein Shake I make in the blender in the evening with about 28 grams of protein.

My doctor said it is normal to be tired. I got blood work done and everything looks ok.

For me I think it is the fact that I am not getting enough liquids into myself. I am lucky to get 2 bottles of Water in a day.....