Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for Ernesto to pick us up!!

Hi,

The time has finally come! Seems like yesterday I was on here asking if you guys were real. Well I will find out soon enough LOL Arrived in San Diego last night. It was only 61 degrees. It was a 100 at home. Nina had arranged for us to stay at the Holiday Inn Old Town. It is only 89.00 a night if you get it through them. My view this morning is a 10 lane freeway and a barbwire fence, but the hotel itself is nice and I didn't even notice the traffic sound. They serve a full complimentary Breakfast,it looked really good, but I am nothing by mouth after 7am so no Breakfast, plus I have never been much of a breakfast eater. I will post tonight about how the pre-op stuff went. Thank you everyone on here that has given me the courage to do thisl Please keep us in our prayers. Oh btw you can hook up X-boxes and game systems at the hospital. I am sure there is some other partner/spouse that may want to drag theres 1000's of miles across the country so they aren't bored LOL. Again thank you everyone!

Awesome! You are going to have such a great experience & you're in good hands with Dr. Aceves & his staff. Best of luck to you and enjoy dinner tonight!!!

I can't wait to hear how you are!!

Best wishes! Keep us posted!

God speed :)

I bet you walked right back into that 100 degree heat in Mexicali, huh? It is HOT HOT HOT there right now. When I was there, I put Mexicali on my weather thingy on my iphone and I check it every once in a while. It was 115 the other day.

So how did you find everything/everyone? I know you are going to have a great time of it!

Let us knowsmile.gif

I bet you walked right back into that 100 degree heat in Mexicali, huh? It is HOT HOT HOT there right now. When I was there, I put Mexicali on my weather thingy on my iphone and I check it every once in a while. It was 115 the other day.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to do that! :)

Hope you had a good experience with pre-surgery testing and had a great meal! Best of luck tomorrow!

Okay so far so good!!! Although someone should have warned me about Ernesto's drive through those gigantic boulders!! I have never seen so many rocks on my life. We were in the back of the van and going around those curves about did me in. My partner swore he was going 120mph but I think it must have been kolometers or something LOL He was very nice. Even pulled over to the side of the road so we could take a picture of those coolers with Water in them with flags. He said human rights groups leave them for people crossing the desert illegally. Got to the hospital and it was a whirl wind of peeing in a cup, blood tests, x-ray and ekg. I had a little emotional melt down when I was sitting in my gown waiting for x-ray. I was like what the hell am I doing here. I am going to suggest they give patients a little tour or something to transitions from a wild car drive to a hospital gown. But Lucy the nurse was sweet as could be. Yolanda did all the paper stuff Nina is in Canada. I felt ilke I knew them all due to these boards. The anastegeologist..ok I've already taken my 2mg of ativan lol however you spell it was wonderful. My partner is a nurse and even she really relaxed after talking with him. He really explained every detail of his role, how it would all work etc. I felt then it was going to be okay. Got to the hotel had a great dinner of rib eye tacos, Deb had shrimp quesadilla. The guacamole was wonderful. Entire dinner 15.00 I couldn't believe it. Had a swim and are heading to bed. Next time you hear from me I will be post-op!!! Cathi

Hi, you are in my thoughts, but I know without a doubt that you are going to be just fine. You are in excellent hands. I want you to know that I am so happy and proud of you for doing this. This takes a lot of courage and it is a very BIG step to take. Keep us posted on how things are going. Tell Dr. Aceves that Suzanne says Hi.:D :D :D

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi,

The time has finally come! Seems like yesterday I was on here asking if you guys were real. Well I will find out soon enough LOL Arrived in San Diego last night. It was only 61 degrees. It was a 100 at home. Nina had arranged for us to stay at the Holiday Inn Old Town. It is only 89.00 a night if you get it through them. My view this morning is a 10 lane freeway and a barbwire fence, but the hotel itself is nice and I didn't even notice the traffic sound. They serve a full complimentary breakfast,it looked really good, but I am nothing by mouth after 7am so no breakfast, plus I have never been much of a breakfast eater. I will post tonight about how the pre-op stuff went. Thank you everyone on here that has given me the courage to do thisl Please keep us in our prayers. Oh btw you can hook up X-boxes and game systems at the hospital. I am sure there is some other partner/spouse that may want to drag theres 1000's of miles across the country so they aren't bored LOL. Again thank you everyone!

One day post-op and I am doing great. Having some pain around the drain but everyone says that is pretty normal. Been doing a lot of walking. Unfortunately I've only had a tiny bit of gas in my right shouler and a little across the top pf my chest, so I know that is still to come. Otherwise doing really good. They really do take good care of you here. I would send anyone here. My neighbor to my right is Rebekka her sister came here a year ago and now she is here. The patient to my right, her mother had it done for months ago and now she has brought the daughter here, so I think that speaks to what a great job the do here. So no complaints what so ever : ) Cathi

I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get the gas pains at all, you may end up that way, too! You would probably have it already if you were going to get it but everyone is different.

Enjoy your stay, I met some great people while I was there!

One day post-op and I am doing great. Having some pain around the drain but everyone says that is pretty normal. Been doing a lot of walking. Unfortunately I've only had a tiny bit of gas in my right shouler and a little across the top pf my chest, so I know that is still to come. Otherwise doing really good. They really do take good care of you here. I would send anyone here. My neighbor to my right is Rebekka her sister came here a year ago and now she is here. The patient to my right, her mother had it done for months ago and now she has brought the daughter here, so I think that speaks to what a great job the do here. So no complaints what so ever : ) Cathi

The pains you are having in your shoulder and upper chest are from the gas that they pumped in your stomach to do the surgery. I always tell people to take GAS-X with them. It works and gets rid of it, it is too late to tell you. They DO NOT have GAS-X in Mexico that I know of. They will tell you to get up and walk around at fart all the time--yep fart to get rid of the gas. LOL. And I want to say( "I told you it was a wonderful place.") Just kidding, but until you experience it yourself you have no idea what we are talking about. Tell my GREAT friend Dr. Aceves Hi from Suzanne.

Hugs and enjoy your stay and have a safe trip home Suzanne in Oregon.

Hi Suzanesh,

Dr. Aceves was just in here to check on me. I told him I finally passed gas he high fived me and clapped then said where else do you get clapped t for having gas LOL good sense of humor. Such a kind man. I am doing well. Can't believe I am on the other side of this. Thank you for your continued support! Cathi

Hi Suzanesh,

Dr. Aceves was just in here to check on me. I told him I finally passed gas he high fived me and clapped then said where else do you get clapped t for having gas LOL good sense of humor. Such a kind man. I am doing well. Can't believe I am on the other side of this. Thank you for your continued support! Cathi

Hi Cathi,

He is an amazing doctor along with a GREAT sense of humor. You will never find another doctor like him who cares so much about his patients. I am please to help and to keep encourging you now and later if you have a bump in the road.. One day there will be someone just like you who is thinking about having this done and will ask all kinds of quesiton and you can tell them about your experience. Congratulations for making this choice, now your weight loss journey is going to start.

Hugs to you and Dr. Aceves.

Suzanne