Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW NAME? "Sleeved in Seattle"

Suzanna - you are an outstanding writer. I don't know what you do for a career, I hope it includes something that allows you to write. The world needs more people who can re-create an experience so viviidly, their readers wipe tears of laughter from their eyes.

Your attitude is wonderful - I think that will really serve you well on this life change you have signed up for. Best wishes as you progress with your sleeve and your weight loss journey.

If there is anything I can do to help you - I would be happy to.

PS. If you happen to be a published writer - I want to know! You have a new fan.

Suzanna - you are an outstanding writer. I don't know what you do for a career, I hope it includes something that allows you to write. The world needs more people who can re-create an experience so viviidly, their readers wipe tears of laughter from their eyes.

Your attitude is wonderful - I think that will really serve you well on this life change you have signed up for. Best wishes as you progress with your sleeve and your weight loss journey.

If there is anything I can do to help you - I would be happy to.

PS. If you happen to be a published writer - I want to know! You have a new fan.

Thank you for the compliment! I have the priveledge of working with Special Ed teenagers in a junior high school as a paraeducator. It's very rewarding for them to start to take pleasure in story telling! I'm not published, though I have a background in public speaking and have given my testimony on TBN of the wonderful things God had done for me. My family has been encouraging me to write a book for years about my life which truly would read like a 'made for tv movie" but I really don't have anything important enough to say that should be contained in more than a few pages. lol Thanks again for the kind words. I do agree that a sense of humor serves us well, always! Best wishes to you also!!

I waited very patiently for you to finish before responding lol. I loved reading your experience, everyone is right. You have a real talent. Reading your experience has reminded me I kept a notepad of my experience as it was happening, but I have yet to post it. I think I am going to put mine in my "about me" section. But I have to proofread it prior to posting it, there's no telling how many typos and things in it. I am not the writer you are, so it won't be near as entertaining, but you can read and compare if you like. I noticed a lot of similarities and differences. We must of been in different areas of Florence Hospital, cause I didn't hear any noise from outside. And it may be because I was distracted by trying to gracefully transfer to the operating table without having a wardrobe malfunction, but I didn't even notice the windows in the OR hahaha!!!! Yay for reflective glass on the outside of the building, cuz I have no idea if the shades were closed when I was in there!! I was also busy noticing all the people in there and desperately looking for Dr Kelly in the crowd lol.

Congrats on being sleeved, I am very happy for you and glad you are home continuing with your recovery.

:)

I cant agree with everyone more. Your writing skills are fantastic. I was able to visualize everything almost like I was right there with you! Thanks for sharing your talent and your experience with us!

So happy for you Sue, that it all went well. Great story.

I laughed out loud and had tears. Great story. If everyone would find the funny side to uncomfortable situations, there would be less unhappy people. Thanks for sharing and so glad that everything went so well.

Many blessings to you. Sandra

SeattleSue,

So glad to hear you are back safe and sound and that your recovery was as miraculous as mine! I too had no nausea or very much pain (just felt sore like I had done a hundred ab crunches). I too was up walking right away and had no trouble getting Water, Jello, broth, etc. down. Yeah for us! We are on the losers bench.

Dawn

Dawn...I haven't felt my abs in years!! :P lol How are you doing?

Susan

I laughed out loud and had tears. Great story. If everyone would find the funny side to uncomfortable situations, there would be less unhappy people. Thanks for sharing and so glad that everything went so well.

Many blessings to you. Sandra

Thanks Sandra! Many blessings to you, I appreciate it. Susan

As I read your experience it took me back to when I was there a few months ago! Great stuff. I was also on my period and paranoid without the panties during the op and I remember desperately telling one of the OR nurses that I needed a pad, I needed a pad (they had fashioned one for me out of some sort of bedpad but it had gotten lost in one of the shifts from one trolley to another trolley to the OR table). She just kept saying "don't worry about it" and I don't know what happened, because when I woke up, I don't remember thinking about it again, so maybe it had stopped like yours. I really would love to return and taste some of the food and have more of the experience as a bystander.

I felt like I could plop you out and plop me in. Great story. Welome to the losers bench.

Sue - Keep updating! Those of us waiting in the wind are anxious to hear how you are doing! (Especially this Idaho gal).

Reb

Sue - Keep updating! Those of us waiting in the wind are anxious to hear how you are doing! (Especially this Idaho gal).

Reb

Well, thanks. I'm doing great...a little antsy to get some more food going on, but no complaints. Let's see...this is day 12 since I rebelliously stick to counting surgery day because I was done by 10 a.m. HAH, it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dr. Kelly encouraged walking, so I've been walking...no more than a mile per day on "organized walks" but that doesn't include errands, etc. Nor does it include the stairs in my house which is when I really feel fatigued.

Day 8 I added my first Protein shake in the a.m. Made the mistake of adding 1/2 tspn of instant coffee and practically got high. Then I crashed big time and needed a 90 minute nap in which I drooled all over myself and woke up on my tummy. hmmm

After a better showing on Day 9 with the Protein, I felt confident in adding some other thicker liquids on day 10. No problems. Of course, everything I added was B-L-A-N-D. Cream of Wheat original...meh, no flavor. On Day 11, I got crazy and had some broth from the Red Beans & Rice with Andouille sausage I cooked for my family. OMG it was a flavor explosion in my mouth and my taste-buds sat up and say the Hallelujah Chorus! It was fantastic. I thought I might suffer some consequences, but 6 hours, 8 hours, next morning...NOPE! :) So, for lunch today I had some Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup with a blob of ricotta. I just finished it and it was delish!!! I'm so happy. I estimate that I am able to eat 1/4 Cup of Cream of Wheat but about 1/2 Cup of runnier stuff (though my Wheat is runny).

I'm very pleased with where I'm at. I am consistently able to drink 40 oz. of Water (and at least 2 cups of that is Smart Water) per day. I also have some light juice if I need a pick-up and usually one sugar free beverage.

As of today, I am down 14.5 lbs since last Tuesday...tomorrow being a full week since I first weighed on my return home. So easily 15 pounds my first week. I'm sure it's a lot of fluids left over from my IV, but I can see the difference in that, one of my chins is almost gone. :lol: I'll take it!

A little weirdness; I took a lot of time on my hair yesterday before church... That's NOT me. Not EVER. I realized I was camoflauging and sort of using a smoke and mirror tactic to ward off the 'Hey we missed you, where did you go?" questions as well as the, "Hey, have you lost weight questions." I guess I'm still not prepared to answer those questions...even though I worked out 2 or 3 responses that weren't lieing.. "Oh, I took a quick trip with my dad...we went to San Diego and did some shopping in Tijuana" or "Thanks, I did a cleanse and have started a fairly strict regimen". Guess I'll keep those in my back pocket 'cus everyone loved my hair. B)

Thanks for asking Reb. I appreciate the interest!

Susan