Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hi everyone,

I just joined here today and I'm kind of shy. I live in Sudbury, ON. and I'm saving for lapband surgery...I'm aiming for February of 2008. I wanted to find out other people's opinions about the surgery and I'm hoping you will give me any piece of advice you want to share. I haven't gone for an apointment yet (@ TLBC) because I was told by them to make the appointment closer (within a few months) of my surgery. So if there's anything you want to share, I'd be happy to listen! :peace:

Later Gator

Jord

Hi Jord.

You should post something in the main area where everyone can see. Just go to the Canada Local Lap-Band support area, and click "New Thread", and pretty much repeat what you said here! :)

Personally, my opinion: I think the surgery is great! Best thing I've ever done.

Yes i agree with Mandi, best thing i have ever done for myself, my only regret was that i did not know about this when i was much younger. But like they say better late than never.

Maria :)

Thanks CLOE, it IS so crazy.... I remember saying "oh yay, only 100lbs to go!" A year ago... geesh... I was freaking out, dreading Optifast... not doing nearly as much 'last supper"ing as I should have.

We got our T4's on Friday. I think I'm always the only person who gets so giddy to get my T4! I'm sure it'll change when I stop getting money back... but for now, while I've still got my 'education amounts' to claim (and this year, the lapband), I'm lovin' it. Remember that computer I have been wanting? I should be able to get it!!! WOO! So, I did my taxes (and Dans, hehe, cause I wanted to!) on Friday night... Netfile-d them today, and since I have set up Direct Deposit, I should have some money, then a computer in a couple weeks! Dan's getting way more than me, but oh well :)

Congrats on your weight loss, you and Cloe are such an inspiration to me since we met at the clinic the day of my surgery. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Enjoy the food that you haven't been able to enjoy since your last fill. It's been quite a journey.

You are the first person I have ever met to enjoy tax time!!!! Enjoy it while you can. I feel that the middle income earners are the ones who bear the brunt of the Canadian tax burden!! So the moral of the story is...for future reference....find tax shelters and by the way if you find any please share it with the rest of us.

Thank you Wheezy :hug:

I'm sure I won't be so enthusiastic about tax season in a couple years. We did have some people from RBC come into work yesterday to talk to us about RRSP's. I guess I better start contributing to 'em.

And that's all I know about tax shelters!

Mandi I too am still in the position to love tax season. I am still trying to decide what I am going to do with the money I will get back. However I still do not have all my T4's in so I can't even tell how much I will get back if anything. Probably not enough to get a computer. :) I should still have that education carry over so woohoo for post-secondary I knew there was a reason to appreciate University. I guess people from Ontario can't claim the medical expense of the Lapband. Or can they?

I don't know why I would be able to, and you wouldn't.... so if it's more than 3% of your income, you should be able to claim. It wasn't covered for me, nor is it in ON, so we should be in the same boat.

I actually didn't use my 'education amounts' this year, because when I figured out how much my refund would be (with ufile.ca, its wonderful!), it was the same using my education amounts AND my medical expenses as it would be with JUST my medical expenses... so that's all I claimed, so I have more to use in upcoming years.

There isn't a maximum amount of time you can use your education amounts, is there, Dame? Or just until they're used up? I hope that's it!

I don't think that there is a timeframe to use up your education amounts. I was never told in any case. I think it is just until it is used up.

I will have to see about claiming the medical. I also file with ufile. I find I get my rebate back a lot quicker. Plus it is sort of idiot proof. Or so this idiot thinks. :)

Damn I wish I had my T4's in. Although I think I would still have to wait in any case cause I have to wait until my last RRSP contribution goes in before the deadline.

HOLY CRAP MANDI!!!

Just got back from holidays and trying to catch up on whats been going on. Sounds EXACTLY like

HOLY CRAP MANDI!!!

Just got back from holidays and trying to catch up on whats been going on. Sounds EXACTLY like what I had! I felt a million % better unfilled too. How are u doing food wise? I'm an eating machine now. when can u get refilled? I had to wait 3 weeks (buffets in vegas unfilled :)) gonna call on monday for an appt. have u gained at all? I think i'm up A LOT my work pants are soooo tight....scared to weigh self.

p.s great to be back!

Hey neenagh! I am definitely an eating machine also. I got a wisdom tooth pulled on friday, so I can't eat as BAD of stuff as I'd like! (yet) I would have had my 4th (5th and 6th) outtings at Subway this weekend if I could have. But I like my subs spicy, and wouldn't like that getting into the cavity that once housed my wisdom tooth!

I should be getting 1cc next weekend. Not sure how I should go about it.

We've got a friend who just got a job in Vancouver, and this coming weekend will be his last one here... he's Dan's newest best friend, so Dan'd like to do something/spend some quality time with him before he goes. PLUS next weekend is Dan's birthday. It's a 4 hour drive to get to where I have to get the fill. Soooo... I'll be making Dan drive with me for 8 hours, on his birthday and also the last weekend he has with his bud.

Not sure what else to do though. I NEED to get a fill. I can't keep eating like this! I don't know if I've gained... but I'm sure of it. I'll weigh myself as usual on Wed.... or maybe not. I should wait til the wed. after the fill. Guess I should be curious to see how much damage can be done in 2 weeks. :faint:

Perhaps we'll get up VERY early that Sat. morning, head to NS, get my fill and come back. That's all I can do, I suppose. hehe :)

I'm hoping to get my income tax refund next week, and order my wonderful computer as soon as that happens. I'll post pictures of us together... on the beach, skiing, and all that. For now, here's a taste: :eek:

gallery-big-05.jpg

Oh yeah... Dan got a raise... FINALLY! He's been waiting for his 'evaluation' for almost a month, and finally got them to do it on Friday. He stuck to his guns, but didn't get as much as he wanted (which was actually $12,000 more than he was currently getting LOL) .... but he got $6,000 more a year. Pretty good, I think! I'm a little jealous :heh:

Oh, guess what else?!?!?! This guy who's moving to Vancouver... well, he's the same guy who's Japanese girlfriend (err... fiance, I mean) was recently deported. At least he'll be closer to her until she is able to come back to Canada. Anyways... they bought themselves a KING size mattress a couple months ago, and won't be able to bring it to Vancouver, sooooooo..... YEAH! Goodbye crappy futon, hello, king size mattress on the floor! Maybe I can find some cheap twin boxsprings to use, but for now, I'm quite alright with this!

Ooooh... the luxury, going from a double futon to a King size mattress ... I'm drooling already. I love to sprawl out when I sleep. Only thing I'll have to worry about is getting some sheets! King size are expensive!!

Mandi, do you have Winner's out where you live? You can buy high thread-count king size bed sheets for a good price there.

Oh, guess what else?!?!?! This guy who's moving to Vancouver... well, he's the same guy who's Japanese girlfriend (err... fiance, I mean) was recently deported. At least he'll be closer to her until she is able to come back to Canada. Anyways... they bought themselves a KING size mattress a couple months ago, and won't be able to bring it to Vancouver, sooooooo..... YEAH! Goodbye crappy futon, hello, king size mattress on the floor! Maybe I can find some cheap twin boxsprings to use, but for now, I'm quite alright with this!

Ooooh... the luxury, going from a double futon to a King size mattress ... I'm drooling already. I love to sprawl out when I sleep. Only thing I'll have to worry about is getting some sheets! King size are expensive!!

Nice score on the king size. Mrs. Gaffer says that I cant get my big screen until she is sleeping in a king size bed. Oh well.:)

Also check out costco. They have had some good deals on sheets & towels lately. We bought some awesome towels the other day for about $10 each, and bath sheets were $15. I love new towels. If I become wealthy everyday will be new towel and clean sheets day. Oh and new razor blade day.

Now we know how Oprah lives.

Andrew