Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take to cross the border at San Diego?

After reading YellowRoses' Grand Adventure, I was sort of surprised at the 3 hour border crossing. I am wondering if that was a time of day, a long weekend thing, or if that is standard.

What's your experience been like?

After reading YellowRoses' Grand Adventure, I was sort of surprised at the 3 hour border crossing. I am wondering if that was a time of day, a long weekend thing, or if that is standard.

What's your experience been like?

I know nothing about this however, I see your having your surgery on Thursday by Dr. Kelly. I'm having mine on Friday. I've been searching for a sleeve buddy but couldn't find anyone around my date. Are you going alone?

When I came back on a Sunday in January, it was about 10 minutes, mostly due to the volume of traffic. We drove up, handed over our passports, the border guard handed them back, and off we went.

Dec 6th 2010, took about 2 hours, sitting in traffic, actual clearance took 5 minutes or less..

I know nothing about this however, I see your having your surgery on Thursday by Dr. Kelly. I'm having mine on Friday. I've been searching for a sleeve buddy but couldn't find anyone around my date. Are you going alone?

Hi there! My dad is going with me. I will look for you though! I'm hoping I am sitting poolside at the Lucerna Saturday or Sunday! :-) I'm staying Wed. night at the hospital and having surgery on Thursday morning after pre-op tests... At least, that's my understanding.

Hotel Lucerna looks so beautiful. I'll see you there. I come in Thursday and my surgery is Friday morning.

I don't remember exact time frame, but it wasn't that long at all. Maybe 30-45 mins. No problems at all!!

Hi,

For me it was Oct 2008. When leaving on a Friday morning and going back to San Diego it took about 1 hour. There are many people who live in Mexicali and cross back over into the US to work, so there is a lot more traffic. We sat and talked and watched everything going on around us. The time goes pretty fast.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hello,

Crossing from San Diego into Mexico takes no time at all. You should be picked up by your driver earlier in the morning and drove across to the hospital. There may have been a small line, but there was really no waiting. On the way back you are scheduled to leave pretty early before your flight home. A driver will pick you up a few hours before your flight. They say it can take anywhere from 30 to 2 hours. I believe it took us 1 hour of sitting in line to get through the boarder. We were picked up just before 7 and across the boarder around 8. However, you won't be bored. There are tons of things to look at. There are people all over the street selling news papers and jewelery. All kinds of odds and end from bubble gum to huge ceramic vases and virgin mary statues. Crazy, lol. It offered some entertainment though. Plus your driver will speak great english so its not going to be akward or anything. Plus once you get closer to the border there are huge tv screens and a bunch more people trying to serve Breakfast burritos. I promise the wait will seem short with the culture shock you'll be having. It was more fun than anything. Congratulations on your date, good luck!!!

Hello,

Crossing from San Diego into Mexico takes no time at all. You should be picked up by your driver earlier in the morning and drove across to the hospital. There may have been a small line, but there was really no waiting. On the way back you are scheduled to leave pretty early before your flight home. A driver will pick you up a few hours before your flight. They say it can take anywhere from 30 to 2 hours. I believe it took us 1 hour of sitting in line to get through the boarder. We were picked up just before 7 and across the boarder around 8. However, you won't be bored. There are tons of things to look at. There are people all over the street selling news papers and jewelery. All kinds of odds and end from bubble gum to huge ceramic vases and virgin mary statues. Crazy, lol. It offered some entertainment though. Plus your driver will speak great english so its not going to be akward or anything. Plus once you get closer to the border there are huge tv screens and a bunch more people trying to serve Breakfast burritos. I promise the wait will seem short with the culture shock you'll be having. It was more fun than anything. Congratulations on your date, good luck!!!

Thanks a bunch! I am so happy to sort of have a clue what to expect. I am adventurous at heart...but I'm also extremely PMSee at the moment, perhaps the beginning of the flushing hormones from pre-op diet. lol I should come with a label. lol I fly out today...wooohooo

It also depends upon the time of day and the day of the week. It took us 3 hours because it was around 5pm on a Saturday night.