Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

soft pretzels

Sooooo this may be a weird question but how has peoples experiences been with soft pretzels? ????????

Most soft bread is tough for me even now at almost 4 months out. I do well with crackers and toasted breads. Soft bread just kinda chokes me up. It only takes like 2 bites and I'm done. Which is a good thingwink.gif

Didn't touch those yummy morsels of pure slider foods until I was well over a year out. They are just that a true slider food, mush down to nothing, dipped in the nacho cheese, or marinara sauce, and I can eat almost an entire one from the Pretzel Factory in our mall. It takes me some time to eat it, but I can eat it without issue.

I didn't touch bready stuff during my losing stage, and really avoided it until I got a good grasp on eating into maintenance.

They are total no no foods for me because of the absolutely lacking of nutrients. BUT, I'm human, and in about a year, I've eaten them on 2 occasions.

Wow I am so happy to hear that lol they are my fav and If i wouldnt be able to at least taste another one I would be pretty upset lol...did u have something that was your fav that you were affraid you couldnt eat again. My name is tiffany also by the way funny . And are you preggers??????? i thought I saw a 3d sono pic???

Didn't touch those yummy morsels of pure slider foods until I was well over a year out. They are just that a true slider food, mush down to nothing, dipped in the nacho cheese, or marinara sauce, and I can eat almost an entire one from the Pretzel Factory in our mall. It takes me some time to eat it, but I can eat it without issue.

I didn't touch bready stuff during my losing stage, and really avoided it until I got a good grasp on eating into maintenance.

They are total no no foods for me because of the absolutely lacking of nutrients. BUT, I'm human, and in about a year, I've eaten them on 2 occasions.

Wow I am so happy to hear that lol they are my fav and If i wouldnt be able to at least taste another one I would be pretty upset lol...did u have something that was your fav that you were affraid you couldnt eat again. My name is tiffany also by the way funny . And are you preggers??????? i thought I saw a 3d sono pic???

Because of my horrible band experience, I was pretty scared that I'd never be able to enjoy a good steak again. Funny thing is that steak (any cut) all work fabulous, and I eat some form of steak about 2-3 days a week. The band made it impossible for me to eat most meats, and salads were a big no go as well. So, I was not optimistic about ever being able to eat normal foods again. I honestly eat everything under the sun. Today, I had chicken fajitas with jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole. Grant it, it was only 1 fajita with a smear of refried Beans, about a tablespoon of rice, smears of the sour cream and guacamole, lots of salsa, 3 little strips of fajita chicken breast, and hoards of sauteed onions and green peppers. I tear off the entire top part of the folded tortilla so there is not really a lot of bready tortilla to take up room. We went out to my favorite Mexican place for lunch, I had 6 tortilla chips with salsa, then ate 1 fajita, came home took a nap for about 1.5 hours, woke up did some laundry, ate another one just like I did for lunch(about 3 hours later), and then ate another one for dinner made the exact same way the previous two were made about 3 hours later again. I didn't eat Breakfast today, and needed to make sure to eat something decent today. I'll probably eat some turkey pepperonis with cheese chunks before bed to get in some more Protein for the day.

I am 22 weeks pregnant, that 3d sono is just a random picture attached to the little pregnancy ticker. I won't get my 3d sono until August 8th, but me and Miss Tatum are doing fabulous. I've gained more weight than what I wanted to gain by this point with a 12-13 pound weight gain in 22 weeks. My doctors want me to gain 30-35, and at this point, I don't see that being a problem. I'm tweaking my intake this week to see if I can stay the same weight. I'm having to eat 300 more calories a day than what I was eating in maintenance, I'm not allowed to work out, or exercise, and I have to eat 100-200gr of carbs, with a 100gr of Protein per day with 1700-1800 calories. It's frustrating, but Tatum is growing and thriving, is 100% healthy, and actually weighs about 1/2 pound heavier than other babies her age. So, I'm definitely able to support myself and a baby. It's just a weird place to be to be gaining weight, and all the physical changes that come with pregnancy. My labs have remained stellar as well through the pregnancy so VSG has not negatively effected my pregnancy, or the baby in any way.

Once you get to maintenance, and a good grasp on food after your losing stage, you can literally eat anything you want that your body will tolerate. I do still avoid a lot of junk food. Sometimes I cave and have chips and dip, or a small slice of cake or cheesecake, but I also know that overdoing those foods will get me fat again.

Everything you are telling me is so amazing and I am so happy to have talked to you , I am so happy and blessed to have an amazingly healthy and beautiful baby girl who is 7 months but i was affrraid of not getting preg again. Thats u and tatum are doing great, My friend who had this was getting m e nervous saying all of this stuff she cant eat like steak meats the pretzels and so much more.

Because of my horrible band experience, I was pretty scared that I'd never be able to enjoy a good steak again. Funny thing is that steak (any cut) all work fabulous, and I eat some form of steak about 2-3 days a week. The band made it impossible for me to eat most meats, and salads were a big no go as well. So, I was not optimistic about ever being able to eat normal foods again. I honestly eat everything under the sun. Today, I had chicken fajitas with jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole. Grant it, it was only 1 fajita with a smear of refried Beans, about a tablespoon of rice, smears of the sour cream and guacamole, lots of salsa, 3 little strips of fajita chicken breast, and hoards of sauteed onions and green peppers. I tear off the entire top part of the folded tortilla so there is not really a lot of bready tortilla to take up room. We went out to my favorite Mexican place for lunch, I had 6 tortilla chips with salsa, then ate 1 fajita, came home took a nap for about 1.5 hours, woke up did some laundry, ate another one just like I did for lunch(about 3 hours later), and then ate another one for dinner made the exact same way the previous two were made about 3 hours later again. I didn't eat Breakfast today, and needed to make sure to eat something decent today. I'll probably eat some turkey pepperonis with cheese chunks before bed to get in some more Protein for the day.

I am 22 weeks pregnant, that 3d sono is just a random picture attached to the little pregnancy ticker. I won't get my 3d sono until August 8th, but me and Miss Tatum are doing fabulous. I've gained more weight than what I wanted to gain by this point with a 12-13 pound weight gain in 22 weeks. My doctors want me to gain 30-35, and at this point, I don't see that being a problem. I'm tweaking my intake this week to see if I can stay the same weight. I'm having to eat 300 more calories a day than what I was eating in maintenance, I'm not allowed to work out, or exercise, and I have to eat 100-200gr of carbs, with a 100gr of Protein per day with 1700-1800 calories. It's frustrating, but Tatum is growing and thriving, is 100% healthy, and actually weighs about 1/2 pound heavier than other babies her age. So, I'm definitely able to support myself and a baby. It's just a weird place to be to be gaining weight, and all the physical changes that come with pregnancy. My labs have remained stellar as well through the pregnancy so VSG has not negatively effected my pregnancy, or the baby in any way.

Once you get to maintenance, and a good grasp on food after your losing stage, you can literally eat anything you want that your body will tolerate. I do still avoid a lot of junk food. Sometimes I cave and have chips and dip, or a small slice of cake or cheesecake, but I also know that overdoing those foods will get me fat again.

I meant thats wonderful you guys are doing great!!!!

Because of my horrible band experience, I was pretty scared that I'd never be able to enjoy a good steak again. Funny thing is that steak (any cut) all work fabulous, and I eat some form of steak about 2-3 days a week. The band made it impossible for me to eat most meats, and salads were a big no go as well. So, I was not optimistic about ever being able to eat normal foods again. I honestly eat everything under the sun. Today, I had chicken fajitas with jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole. Grant it, it was only 1 fajita with a smear of refried Beans, about a tablespoon of rice, smears of the sour cream and guacamole, lots of salsa, 3 little strips of fajita chicken breast, and hoards of sauteed onions and green peppers. I tear off the entire top part of the folded tortilla so there is not really a lot of bready tortilla to take up room. We went out to my favorite Mexican place for lunch, I had 6 tortilla chips with salsa, then ate 1 fajita, came home took a nap for about 1.5 hours, woke up did some laundry, ate another one just like I did for lunch(about 3 hours later), and then ate another one for dinner made the exact same way the previous two were made about 3 hours later again. I didn't eat breakfast today, and needed to make sure to eat something decent today. I'll probably eat some turkey pepperonis with cheese chunks before bed to get in some more Protein for the day.

Everything you are telling me is so amazing and I am so happy to have talked to you , I am so happy and blessed to have an amazingly healthy and beautiful baby girl who is 7 months but i was affrraid of not getting preg again. Thats u and tatum are doing great, My friend who had this was getting m e nervous saying all of this stuff she cant eat like steak meats the pretzels and so much more.

It takes some time to build up to some of those foods, but in time nothing is off limits. Baked chicken sits heavier in my sleeve than say a steak, and pork chops sit way too heavy for my comfort level. But, I don't miss pork chops, and just use a little sauce or gravy for baked chicken. I grill a lot of our meals on our big George Foreman, so meats stay moist and I marinade for hours before cooking to make sure the meat is tender.

You'll find what works, some foods just take longer to add back in than others.

Thanks for the sweet comments, we're elated to be doing so great thus far.

I just gave in to one just now and am at 2.5 weeks. Will see if I'm in trouble soon. Couldn't resist!

I just gave in to one just now and am at 2.5 weeks. Will see if I'm in trouble soon. Couldn't resist!

Whoa! At 2.5 weeks many of us are still on liquid or pureed! I hope you'll be ok! It's crazy how doctors plans are so different!

That's how leaks happen! I've never strayed off my docs diet. Just isn't worth it.

Totally agree. Weak moment. So far so good. Feel like a total loser for doing it. I'm supposed to be liquids only. Sorry guys! (I did chew like mad though)

Totally agree. Weak moment. So far so good. Feel like a total loser for doing it. I'm supposed to be liquids only. Sorry guys! (I did chew like mad though)

Oh no! I'm glad you came clean and were honest though. Others can learn from you. Now, no leaking allowed out of your new tummy!!! ;-)