Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is this protein powder ok? Sleeved in two weeks!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

I'm getting sleeved in two weeks and have been preparing my home for my new life ie: got rid of the junk, got some sugar free jellos and puddings but the Protein powder Im confused about.

I am not a fan of the ultra sweet flavor of the Protein Powder but I found a powder that has no flavor, no aspartame, no artificial food colouring, no preservatives and no food flavouring and "micro/ultrafiltration Low Temperature Process Low Lactose". It has 24 grams of whey Protein and it is Isolate whey Protein Mix.....is this a good one? It is good for me because of the no flavor so I figured I could mix it in with everything (Soup, coffee, pudding, baby food) and wouldn't actually have to drink that horrible (sorry to those of you who love the stuff) Protein drinks that I have to gulp down in order to keep it down in order to avoid vomiting.....considering that after the sugery "gulping down" will not be an option. I would so appreciate anyone's input on this matter.....if you say it's a go I"m out to the store to stock up! So excited 12 days and I'm sleeved!

more points: it's organic and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! 101 calories when mixed with Water 1 gram of carbs and 0 sugar....

I'm not a nutritionist, but here is my 2 cents from what I've learned about it.

whey Protein isolate is the most absorbable type of Protein for bariatric patients. Then comes the concentrate and last the caseinate. When ingredients are listed on a package, the ones that are listed first have higher amount in the product. So what you would want to see would be something like this:

Other ingredients Isolate Whey Protein Mix (whey protein isolate, milk protein concentrate, Calcium caseinate).

I don't have your label to go by, but you get the gist of it. So, basically you are looking for something that has whey protein isolate being the primary ingredient of the mix.

If it's not the primary, I'm not saying don't use it, but you may want a different one as your primary source.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm getting sleeved in two weeks and have been preparing my home for my new life ie: got rid of the junk, got some sugar free jellos and puddings but the Protein powder Im confused about.

I am not a fan of the ultra sweet flavor of the Protein Powder but I found a powder that has no flavor, no aspartame, no artificial food colouring, no preservatives and no food flavouring and "micro/ultrafiltration Low Temperature Process Low Lactose". It has 24 grams of whey Protein and it is Isolate Whey Protein Mix.....is this a good one? It is good for me because of the no flavor so I figured I could mix it in with everything (Soup, coffee, pudding, baby food) and wouldn't actually have to drink that horrible (sorry to those of you who love the stuff) Protein drinks that I have to gulp down in order to keep it down in order to avoid vomiting.....considering that after the sugery "gulping down" will not be an option. I would so appreciate anyone's input on this matter.....if you say it's a go I"m out to the store to stock up! So excited 12 days and I'm sleeved!

more points: it's organic and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! 101 calories when mixed with Water 1 gram of carbs and 0 sugar....

I would like to know the brand please and where did you purchase it - it sounds interesting to me. Thanks!

Thanks for your input ladies! It just says isolate whey proteine in huge letters as if it were the name. The first thing listed in the ingredients is "pure whey Protein isolate". It's made by an american company called Organiqelle. For a huge jug (two weeks worth) it's like 50 odd dollars. I know it sounds expensive but I work in the Middle East where Protein Powder is hugely expensive as well as not as readily available as back home. I found it in the grocery, so that means that I may not find it again, which means buy enough for a few months. Things here come and go and when you see it you jump on it and buy buy buy. My friend has a son who will only eat kraft cheese and mac and you can only find it occassionally here so she stocks up and when i say stock up I mean STOCK UP! Thanks girls and I think that I will definately be buying this product. Any other protein powder was 100 dollars and up

that makes me so happy to hear that. I'm excited as well, although I got a call from my doc today explaining that he would be out of the country (he travels from Britain to here to do surgery in both countries) on the day he scheduled my surgery and could I be so kind as to postpone until three days later! It doesn't seem like a big deal but when you are waiting with baited breath it is a HUGE deal LOL! I have never in my life looked forward to surgery so much!!!!!!!

Hi ItalianLady! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! People here already gave such great tips and advise. I just wanted to chime in on a couple of things. For me taking in the Protein was/is an ordeal. It comes and goes still. At times just the thought of those stinkin drinks makes me gag! I think others have this experience too. So, for me, having a few options helped. I just want to caution you on overstocking too soon since your tummy and taste seem to go through a change. I'm six weeks out today and my taste is pretty much "back to normal." But in the beginning I could not stand the taste of Water. I went through 6 different Proteins types and also several flavors. I did all kind of things to get them down. I mixed the vanilla with crystal light, I made the chocolate flavor hot and cold etc. I got unflavored, I got premade Soup mixes. I won't lie, it's been an ordeal. Some I can't stand the site of, others I can still take. I have a small fortune in Protein Drinks LOL! So just the heads up. You may be one of the lucky ones and just this one will work for you. From what I read on these boards I know many end up settling on one two favorites eventually. Also, I want to add to what has already been explained so well above: my NUT also said that the Protein powder must have 20 grams of protein minimum, preferrably over, under 5 carbs, and no more than 130 calories, preferrable 100 to 110 per serving. These are some guidelines. It looked like your protein more than meets all the requirements. Best of luck to you! I know the extra 3 day wait stinks but it will be over before you know it!!!! Looking forward to reading about your progress!!!!

MB

I know it sounds expensive but I work in the Middle East where Protein powder is hugely expensive as well as not as readily available as back home. I found it in the grocery, so that means that I may not find it again, which means buy enough for a few months. Things here come and go and when you see it you jump on it and buy buy buy. My friend has a son who will only eat kraft cheese and mac and you can only find it occassionally here so she stocks up and when i say stock up I mean STOCK UP! Thanks girls and I think that I will definately be buying this product. Any other Protein powder was 100 dollars and up

haha i know the feeling hun

i stock up on greek yoghurt like no tomorrow !!

and same with Proteins shake ^.^

Italianlady13, do you have family or close friends here? I ask just because having someone buy something here, and ship it to you, would probably be cheaper and would give you a lot more selection -- and you'd be a lot more liekly to have it whenever you needed it. We do this for my husband's family in Europe all the time.

Someone could easily take the powder out of the bulky container, seal it using any food saver machine, and shipped reasonably using the USPS flat rate boxes. I'm guessing it would be about $55 to ship a box that would hold a few months' worth of Protein powder (that's just a guess).

Otherwise, the one you have found sounds good. I've never heard of that company, but that doesn't mean anything. As someone else mentioned - don't expect unflavored to have 0 impact on taste. Lots of things are unflavored (no flavor added) that still have plenty of flavor.

Thanks Mb, Wheeseason and Abby. Abby are you in the Middle east as well if so Lulu's always always has greek youghurt from england called rachel's...I love the stuff it comes plain and in flavours. Thanks Mb I will not be stocking up. I will just buy one jug and see if it works. My husband and I are going on a day trip to dubai ( I live an hour away from dubai) so I will check out what they have there. Mailing to me won't work. I would be just my luck that they would open the boxes (which they usually do here) see the "powder" assume it's drugs, put me in jail, lash me then deport me. So I will take my chances on what they have here...heheh that was a bit of a joke they wouldn't actually lash me...but the rest could happen....

Thanks for posting this. I was just trying to find something myself that was not full of sweeteners (artificial or otherwise) and have had a HARD time. I found some rice Protein powder that I am thinking about getting so that I can mix it with different foods/drinks to get my Protein in, too.

I am going to look up the one you listed also.smile.gif

That's exactly why I liked it so much. It had enouch Protein and had no artificial anything in it. I have gotten enough bad stuff into my system and want only the good and natural from now on in my new life!!! I can't help you with where to find it in North America since i'm in the Middle East right now but I wish you luck in finding it and if you do find it over there please let me know!