Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is it that...

Background... I was sleeved on January 6, 2011 by Dr Kelly in TJ, MX. I am about 5.5 months out and have lost 68.4 pounds and have about 16.5 to go till goal. I am still trying to figure my tiny tummy out!

How is it that when I eat more, I lose more? Recently my scale moves the most when I eat the most. On days that I really stick to plan eat 100 grams of protein; and get all of my Water in - I lose about 4 ounces. THEN on days like yesterday - I eat more than normal, snack more than normal and have a couple of cocktails rather than water - I lose a pound overnight.....

The scale is a funny thing! Some weeks I lose less than a pound some weeks I lose 3-4. I cannot figure it out. What I do know is that the combination of working out 3-4 times a week (3 of those with a personal trainer for strength training followed by cardio), eating about 90-100 grams of Protein a day and drinking 64-80 oz of water daily and keeping calories to about 850-1000 a day has gotten me to where I am today. I am not the fastest loser - and that is ok. I am here and I am happy! biggrin.gif

- I have gone from a size 16 to a 10 (and some 8's!)

- 239.8 to 171.4 - thats 68.4 pounds gone forever!

- My feet have shrunk

- I have half the hair I used to and now am sporting short hair (temporary I hope!)

- Shirts are now a medium - was in XL and some XXL

- I love that I can walk into any "normal" size store and find clothing that fits. I Cannot get used to not shopping from the end of the rack where the largest sizes are - I can now start shopping in the middle of the rack. I constantly try things on that are to large - sure beats trying things on and having nothing fit!

- Yep my tummy has a bit of lose skin. I have bat wing arms and may be shopping for a training bra soon!

I am not sure if I will ever figure out my tiny tummy and as I read over my list of successes above not sure that I really need to! All I need to do is enjoy each day and be thankful for this gift that I received from God and Dr. Kelly. My goal is closer than ever and I truly believe that I will get there eventually!

Enjoy your journey!

Kim

A lot of it has to do with your metabolism has changed. Also, alcohol is a can have a diuretic effect so it's calories, but you might urinate more, and in effort to make up for it, your body is processing stuff differently. Calories in, calories out, pushing Protein and fluids. The closer to your goal, you might find that you have to tweak your intake even more. I had the same issue as I was getting close to goal and trying to get my losing to slow down.

You're building muscle which in turn burns fat stores, and takes up less space in the body. You've done great, and for me, there was no rhyme of reason as to the number of the scales, I never stalled, lost consistently and never questioned it. I just kept going until it was maintenance. That's when the real work begins on this journey.

Kimmes,

I am right with you...I really don't understand my weight loss either... sometimes I think that I am eating too little cal wise??? I am nearly a year out and thinking about upping my intake a little more, but in the same vein I am a little scared to!

Weird isn't it!!!

I am at the stage now, where I just feel that my body will do this in its own time, regardless of what I want...lol!

Well done on your excellent results... not long to your goal now! =]

Sounds like you are doing great to me LOL. The scale is my enemy really, as much as I try not to think about it I think about it more lol.