Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey how long till PIZZA

I love pizza, but I can't handle the bread nor the sauce, I do a low-carb pizza that uses cream cheese, half and half, and mozzerrella cheese as the crust, you mix those ingredients together, and then back that for a few minutes and then you add your toppings. It's really good, and you can find several recipes for it at foodnetwork.com. I'm not sure that once I have the sleeve, that I would be able to do it for quite a while. But, I'm sure for those craving pizza, this might be an alternative. The good news is that even tho you can only eat a few ounces of it, you can freeze it to last longer. try it, you'll like it. :P

I had my first piece of pizza at 10 weeks post op. I only ate the cheese and toppings (ham and pineapple) and let the crust lay. It was good, but not something I would want every day. And the one piece was more than plenty. I was on vacation with friends and it felt good to eat what they ate and be part of the crowd. No one noticed that I just picked at my one piece.

I ate the toppings off last week :-D It was good. Who needs the crust anyway??? LOL

My fav part of pizza (even before surgery) is the Pepperoni and Parm cheese so I will just put them on a cookie sheet under the broiler for a quick few mins and then eat them as a snack!!!

i would LOVE to have a piece of thin crust pizza. I've been craving it the past several days. I'm only day 13 post op so that ain't happening for a while. O head hunger you suck!

I probably had my first piece around 2 months out. I ordered thin pepperoni from Papa Johns and could get down everything except the crust in about a 1/2 hour. BOY! Was it good!!!

I know many people will disagree with my approach, but I do not exclude anything from my diet. I try to make good, nutritional choices, but pizza, chocolate, wine, popcorn, etc aren't "evil" foods. They are part of my social schema and I like being "normal" about eating.

Now that I am over a year out, I can probably have 1.5 pieces of thin or 1 piece of pan. Any more than that, I am STUFFED. Isn't this little sleeve amazing????

I love the restriction!

Haven't tried pizza....kinda scared to do any carbs yet. I am only doing my Protein at 7 1/2 weeks. I will one day tho.

Kelly :D

I probably had my first piece around 2 months out. I ordered thin pepperoni from Papa Johns and could get down everything except the crust in about a 1/2 hour. BOY! Was it good!!!

I know many people will disagree with my approach, but I do not exclude anything from my diet. I try to make good, nutritional choices, but pizza, chocolate, wine, popcorn, etc aren't "evil" foods. They are part of my social schema and I like being "normal" about eating.

Now that I am over a year out, I can probably have 1.5 pieces of thin or 1 piece of pan. Any more than that, I am STUFFED. Isn't this little sleeve amazing????

My first attempt at eating pizza was at 2 months out. I had very thin crust and it was all meat with olives. I didn't eat all of the toppings or all of the slice. It took me about 2 hours of eating off and on to eat the whole slice. It was heaven! Now, I pretty much can eat a whole slice in about 30 minutes and most toppings I can "stomach" on most days! I try not to have pizza more than once or twice a month, but it is a nice treat once in awhile!

Be careful if you choose to eat it and if you do make sure you have thin or toasted crust. The hand toss dough can gunk up in your stomach and be hard to digest.

Isn't it crazy how you notice all those food commercials post-op and you just want to eat all of it? I can remember that as well. When you are to the point where you are eating soft foods, go ahead and try eating the topping from a piece of cheese pizza - a little cheese, a little sauce - a lot of flavor. You will probably be happy with just that much for now and you will get to feed your craving. I think I was 3 or 4 months out before I actually tried eating a whole piece and I made sure it was thin crust. The first time I didn't do too well with it, later I was fine. I only eat one piece when I do and it is always thin crust. I haven't even considered trying a thick crust. :o

Kathy

I had pizza last night that I made myself. Here is a link to the recipe.. I wouldn't eat it until your stomach is pretty stable, its heavy, but very low carb

My link

I also make one using a low carb tortilla as the crust, that is good too!

Hungry Girl on Cooking channel made a chicken pizza. Instead of pizza dough, used a chicken as the base. I modified.. I cut the chicken breast in half, after I baked it, I put on the bit of pizza sauce and miny pepperoni and for me a bit of goat cheese. I got the taste but not the bread/crust which I have a hard time handling and I'm 4 months post op.

I totally agree with your mindset Mini-Me. I had this surgery knowing that there would be a lot of things "off limits" for a while, but eventually I would be able to incorporate them back into my diet (althouh in very small amounts). You look like you have done very well!

I ate half of a slice of frozen thin crust pizza at about a month out, crust and all. It took care of the pizza craving and I haven't had pizza since. That's what I love about this surgery; it doesn't take much to tame the beast anymore.

Thank you so much for sharing this site! :) I had no idea that flour and sugar and such could be replaced in such a different manner. I'm only 11 days post op but when it is time to have solids, I'm going to try some of these recipes. Yum!

I was 3 months out before I tried it. When I did, I bought thin crust. My new family favorite though it making zucchini crust http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/zucchini-pizza-crust-recipe.html Sounds weird but it was really good, just like eating cheese haha.