Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 sleevers--How are you doing now?

Hello, all--

I had my surgery on 1/13 and have lost 50.5 lbs. I am running, lifting weights, sticking to my low-carb diet, and hope to be at goal by nine months. I have no food intolerances and I feel great. I haven't been shopping for new clothes yet but the old size 16's from ten years ago are fitting a little loosely now. How is everyone else doing?

I had my surgery on January 3, 2011 and as of today, am down 75 pounds. I am so freaking happy I could burst. I fit into size 12 pants. :D

I had my surgery on the 4th January and am down 59lbs! I'm thrilled with that but i've only lost 3lbs in the last 4 weeks. At this rate it will take forever to get to goal. I'm hoping its temporary and i will start to lose more each week again.

NJMOMof2 what are you doing to lose so quickly? Can i have a sample days menu?

Do either of you have stalls?

I low carb. swim, walk and do gardening and feel so much better but i wish the scale would move a bit more.

I come to the January 2011 posts to look at the signature lines to see how much everyone else is losing and i'm about average so i shouldn't complain. At least i'm losing even if its not as fast as i'd like.

I had my surgery on the 4th January and am down 59lbs! I'm thrilled with that but i've only lost 3lbs in the last 4 weeks. At this rate it will take forever to get to goal. I'm hoping its temporary and i will start to lose more each week again.

NJMOMof2 what are you doing to lose so quickly? Can i have a sample days menu?

Do either of you have stalls?

I low carb. swim, walk and do gardening and feel so much better but i wish the scale would move a bit more.

I come to the January 2011 posts to look at the signature lines to see how much everyone else is losing and i'm about average so i shouldn't complain. At least i'm losing even if its not as fast as i'd like.

Hi, time4me--

I don't have classic, weeks-long stalls but I will lose half a pound and then not lose another for four or five days. Last month I only lost 4 lbs for the whole month so starting 6/1 I kicked up my exercise to five days a week. I have been scrupulous about documenting my intake so I know calories, Protein, and Water are on target. I was lighter than some to begin with, hypothyroid, and older, so I resigned myself early that I would not be losing big and fast. As long as it keeps coming off, I am happy. I do look lots better, if I say so myself!

Hi peeps! Jan 18th, 51 pounds. I log everything, am a vegetarian and workout 5 days a week. (dance classes and walking mostly) Last month I lost 7 pounds... down from 10 a month... but as long as it keeps going in the right direction, Im OK with that! I'm now wearing a 14 pant, soon to be a 12....I just went through the closet, and tried some stuff on... I had a tight black blouse that has transformed into a perfect summer dress! I never would have worn it without pants in the past... today was the day to do that, white legs and all! Even my husband commented that the legs were looking pretty good. Love that sleeve! I think it is pretty interesting that we all are in the same ballpark weight loss wise... congrats girls!

Foxbins, when i was losing something every week when i record my weight i was happy but now i can go for 18 days with no change then lose 3lbs in 2 days then nothing again since so its frustrating. The good thing is i lost an inch each from my bust, waist and hips this month and it took a 20lb loss at the start to lose the same inches!

feedyoureye, isn't it great to shop in the closet for smaller clothes and they fit! I find things i forgot i had and things i've never even worn. My body has yoyo-ed from a 16 to a 26 (English sizes) for years but usually at the top end! And i'm now in some of my 16's so when they start to get bigger i'm going to have to have a whole new wardbrobe.

My nutritionist wants me on a low cal diet of 1000-1200 cals a day but i do low carb because after years of trial and error i know i feel better and i lose better doing that. My cals were around 800-1000 before my stall and the day i upped my cals to 1200 i dropped the 3lbs so now i am eating a bit more but i might drop back down again if i don't get results.

How many cals are you all eating? I don't log every day, after 40 years of dieting i hate doing that but i check every now and then to make sure i'm not way out. If anything i tend to go to low on carbs and cals and Protein if i don't check.

How is everyone on hunger, i seem to have different hungers so its confusing if anyone asked me if i feel hunger now. I get the 'real' hunger where my stomach growls if i haven't eaten for ages and might feel a bit weak or headachey but i rarely go that long. I have the head hunger where see cake or chocolate or Pasta etc. and i want it but its usually something i can ignore. I also get the hormonal hunger around TOM when i crave sweet stuff like crazy and its hard to ignore so i have some yogurt with sweetener or a few squares of SF chocolate. But i don't have that over whelming - i want food NOW and then eat and it doesn't satisfy the craving so i try something else and that doesn't help so i try something else etc.

I don't have much restriction, being sleeved in Europe they don't remove so much stomach but i consider that a good thing, no one would know i had surgery if i didn't tell them, i can eat what a normal small person eats but the good thing is i don't have to feel 'full' before i stop eating, i often stop eating just because i'm satisfied and don't want anymore.

Good morning Jan 2011 sleevers!

I wish I could say I was at goal here 6 months out... but still have 19 pounds to go! I have lost

almost 66 pounds and I love my sleeve. Yes the rate of loss has slowed down but I am still losing inches. Actually squeezed my but into a pair of size 8 levis a few weeks back.

STAY ON PLAN... get your Protein in! Focus is what we need. Oh and hair.. I miss my hair!

Hello all,

My surgery date was January 6, and I am down 53 lbs. I can fit into some size 8 pants, but mostly 10s, and I am wearing a SMALL top! That makes me so happy. I still can't believe this is where I am. The weight loss has definitely slowed down but it is still coming off and that's what counts! Like someone else mentioned, I think it is interesting that we are all basically at the same amount lost after 5 months.

Good morning Jan 2011 sleevers!

I wish I could say I was at goal here 6 months out... but still have 19 pounds to go! I have lost

almost 66 pounds and I love my sleeve. Yes the rate of loss has slowed down but I am still losing inches. Actually squeezed my but into a pair of size 8 levis a few weeks back.

STAY ON PLAN... get your Protein in! Focus is what we need. Oh and hair.. I miss my hair!

66 pounds is awesome!

Thanks - I think I have done well myself. I am down 66 pounds today and have 18 to go till goal. I do work out 3 days a week with a personal trainer - trying to tone up some of those muscles to fill out my lose skin! I too am hyperthyroid and stage 3 kidney disease (the last one was just diagnosed last month). I am loving my smaller clothes... now size 10 and medium tops. This was the best gift I have ever given myself!

Kim

I had surgery Jan 12th, I am down 62 pounds. I have about 50 more to go. I have been working out 3x a week with a personal trainer an running half hour 3-4 days a week. The weight loss has slowed a lot in the last 6 wks or so, but I'm still working hard and slowly I'm still losing. I'm glad to see my progress is similar to everyone else, I was starting to get discouraged.

I had surgery Jan 12th, I am down 62 pounds. I have about 50 more to go. I have been working out 3x a week with a personal trainer an running half hour 3-4 days a week. The weight loss has slowed a lot in the last 6 wks or so, but I'm still working hard and slowly I'm still losing. I'm glad to see my progress is similar to everyone else, I was starting to get discouraged.

62 pounds is great! I bet it looks and feels great too!

I am at goal now... well the holidays have kicked me up a bit, but not bad at all. Any more of my Jan 2011 buddies out there? Hows it going?