Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone been sleeved in the Northern Virginia Area

Hello everyone, I have recently been doing research on the sleeve and will be attending a seminar next week with a local surgeon that accepts my insurance. Wanted to see if any other NOVA people have been sleeved and what their experiences were.

Thanks,

Drey

I highly recommend Bluepoint Surgical Group - they cover Fairfax, Manassas and Stafford.

I am getting sleeved June 30th -- if you have any questions please feel free to send me an email. I have really like his office and staff.

I'm a newbie. I live in MD but I went to WL seminar at FairOaks Hospital in VA for Bluepoint Surgical group in Feb and have been going through the progress for Cigna which is 6th month program. I was finally approved on 12/6. I'm scheduled for VSG on 1/25/12. Dr. Denis Halmi is my surgeon. I chose Bluepoint because they do provide support groups for their patients.

I just went to the information session. I went to Winchester medical center in Winchester,Va. U would really like to find other people who had or are having their surgery with dr weidower or dr glenbot

Dimples I also have Cigna and im just starting my vsg journey. How difficult was it to meet cugnas requirements.

I'm a newbie. I live in MD but I went to WL seminar at FairOaks Hospital in VA for Bluepoint Surgical group in Feb and have been going through the progress for Cigna which is 6th month program. I was finally approved on 12/6. I'm scheduled for VSG on 1/25/12. Dr. Denis Halmi is my surgeon. I chose Bluepoint because they do provide support groups for their patients.

Hi SrHogan-

It was a longer process (6 mos) than some of the other insurances (3 mos). I went online to myCigna and did a search for bariatric surgery and all the requirements were there. I was sort of borderline for the bmi but I had several co-morbidities (diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, high cholesterol. I think you need at least 2 co-morbidities. One mistake that I made was not getting clearance from my PCP first. I assumed that it wouldn't be an issue with her, but it was. (LOL). My PCP held me up for two months because she has a bias against bariatric surgery. She finally consented after I passed a Stress Test. The 6 mos. of nutrition classes, psych report (two visits), cardiac clearance and medical clearance reports were all packaged & sent to Cigna by the benefits coordinator at Bluepoint Surgical Group. It was received by Cigna on 11/28 and I was approved on 12/6. I was so excited to receive that letter of approval. I hope your journey is a smooth one. Hang in there!

Hi Dimples-- we have the same doctor! Good luck tomorrow....I will be there Feb 15! :) Can't wait to hear about all of your successes!!

Thanks - I'm a little nervous but excited. My surgery will be at Fair Oaks Hospital at 11:00, Since you have Dr. Halmi you probably know that he usually require a 2 week preop diet (Optifast). I started on 1/11 and I've lost 13 lbs. The Preop diet isn't easy but it prepares you for the 2 weeks of liquids after surgery.

I also was sleeved by Dr. Moazzez of BluePoint Surgical on January 31st at INOVA Fairoaks. I have been so impressed with them and how much they prepare you for this surgery. It amazes me how many patients on this site don't get that knowlegde from their surgeons office. Best of luck to you and maybe I'll see you at the monthly support groups.

I am so glad to see their are folks using the same sugeon's group I am! I hadn't seen many people on here from No VA area - gotta love the search feature. Best of luck to all of you. Keep us updated on your progress please,

I decided to use Bluepoint group and Fair Oaks Hospital. Main reasons are the hospital is a bariatric center of exelence. Realizing surgeon is important but pre during and after support very important to success. I have an autoimmune problem and appreciated that Dr Moazzez knew about my issues and is addressing some special issues I have. No date yet but hoping for end of June or early July. Happy so far with my initial consults and their info seminar.

I too had my surgery at Blue Point, Dr. Halmi. I really like them, very kind and professional at the same time. I had complications afterwards not related to the surgery, heart attack, but if your going to have one, have it at the hospital!! This just slowed down my time line for recovery. Hopefully all is going well for everyone who recently had their surgery. Highly recommend Bluepoint to anyone considering surgery.

I too had my sleeve w/ Bluepoint (Dr moazzez). I am almost a week out and feel great. No complications or complaints. I live I Winchester Va and I made a point NOT to have my surgery at Winchester Med center.

Hopefully that gets my point across as to how highly I recommend Blue point/Fair oaks.

Good Luck