Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did Old Navy get so generous with their sizes?

So today as I sat at work flipping through a magazine I noticed an add for Old Navy introducing Compression pants,, now that I am into biking I was like hell yeah. So I go after work to find the grey/pinks on clearance. I instinctively grabbed and XL off the rack. They were HUGE! I find this hard to believe as I remember years ago their clothes were so skimpy I would never have stepped foot in the place for me.

Well I ended up buying a medium and I think I could have done a small to tell the truth. I know at my weight there is no way I am that small!

Yeah sizing sucks! I bought a large summer dress at Walmart and had to return it for a medium. I need it a little small because I won't be wearing it for a month.

In normal sizes, I am wearing between a 1x and a 2x, or 16W-18W. Sheesh!

Lynda

I have a new found love for their generous sizing too.

So today as I sat at work flipping through a magazine I noticed an add for Old Navy introducing Compression pants,, now that I am into biking I was like hell yeah. So I go after work to find the grey/pinks on clearance. I instinctively grabbed and XL off the rack. They were HUGE! I find this hard to believe as I remember years ago their clothes were so skimpy I would never have stepped foot in the place for me.

Well I ended up buying a medium and I think I could have done a small to tell the truth. I know at my weight there is no way I am that small!

Old Navy does run a tad big BUT it isnt that the clothes grew, but instead you shrank!!

A small/medium must feel great!!

Yeah, even at my 20W/22W I can find sizing in XL at Old Navy sometimes. Gotta love them for cheap work pants.

I can honestly say their sizes get bigger every year. When I started losing weight back in 2008, I couldn't even fit into their plus size selections. By the time, I had conjured up the nerve to shop there again, I was wearing a size 18 and still weighing in the 200s.

At my lowest weight around 120-125lbs, I was wearing a size 0 in their skirts, most XS in their shirts, and XS-S in their dresses. I bought a Medium sun dress on clearance for about $4, and thought it would carry me through the pregnancy. Least to say, it would carry me through a pregnancy with twins. It's enormous on me, and I can't wear it yet because it looks like a tent on me. I wear a size 2 in their Diva jeans, super skinny cut and that's my standard size. They get big in the seat after a couple of hours of wearing them, but they fit perfectly through my waist and mid-section.

Gap sizing (sister company of ON) is getting bigger too. I wear a size 0 in their boyfriend cut, and a size 25-27 (European sizing) in some of their other cuts of denim. I have a 29-31inch(varies depending on my bounce on the scale) waist by Air Force regulation measurements so there is NO WAY on God's green Earth that I should be wearing those sizes.

Charlotte Russe is about the only company that I have found sizing to be pretty standard. I wear a 4/6 in their pants, and small or medium in their shirts/blouses. I don't shop there often ha ha ha.

Old Navy does run a tad big BUT it isnt that the clothes grew, but instead you shrank!!

A small/medium must feel great!!

Thank you! I know getting used to buying in smaller sizes takes some learning, however when I have a medium too big at 164 I KNOW they are messing with the sizes!

I too have noticed the changes in GAP sizing. The size 14 jeans I bought 2 years ago are nearly too big after wearing them a day or so, but the same style and size jeans that I bought 6 years ago (yes I still have them in my closet) are still too small - I think (need to try them on after work today).

I think it is because everyone is getting bigger and they had to make the sizes bigger to compensate.

Everyone is growing, BUT US!! :D

Kelly

I think its time to venture into Old Navy. I am still a little nervous about going into a "normal" store. In fact, I still haven't done it, even though I've boughten 2 shirts in a regular size at Target. It's good to know that I probably wont have any problem fitting into clothes there, and probably a much smaller size that I would expect from the sounds of it. I've really been looking forward to this part! =)