Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's all the Alabama bandsters?

Great to hear from folks in my home state. I had my surgery Oct. 12, 06. I am doing great. Several people have commented on my weightloss , but I really cant tell that much. I guess its gonna be hard getting this "fat girl" out of my head...haha

Good luck to everyone!!!!

I go back to the doctor Friday...I'm excited to see what he says!!!!!

HELLO,

I AM FROM BAMA, I WAS BANDED BY DR CLEMENTS ON 10/O5, HAVE LOST 55#, STILL LOOSING, JUST A LITTLE SLOW BECAUSE I AM SCARED TO HAVE ANOTHER FILL AS LONG AS THIS IS WORKING, I HAVE 2.5 CC IN A 4CC BAND. NICE TO KNOW OTHER PEOPLE FROM AL

WORD TO WISE, DONT GIVE UP, KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND TRUST IN THE LORD HE WILL PROVIDE:clap2:

I will be banded on Dec. 11, with Dr. Clements, how long was the surgery and how were you treated afterwards? What time did you have to be there? I guess when I go on Dec. 5 for my last blood work they will tell me what time. I wonder how many does he perform on a daily basis?

I went in to have my bloodwork done and thats when they told me about my surgery info, date, time..etc.. I had the surgery two days later.

I had to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m and I was the second case of the day. My doc told me 45 minutes to an hour for the procedure, but it ended up being 35 minutes. I stayed in recovery for an hour and then went to my room. I got to go home around 6:30 that night.

I had a little nausea during the night and one time I kind dry heaved for about 2 minutes but other than that I did fine.

It took me a long time to get my strength back but I think thats because I was afraid to get moving. Its a long journey...but I think its gonna be well worth the payoff!!!!

You know that song...."Life aint always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride" I;m trying to think of it that way. I just want my self esteem back sooo bad!!! I really dont think for myself that I could have done it any other way!!

Good to hear from Ya!!!!!!:) :eek: :D:) :)

Hello All, I just wanted to update you on my surgery. I went in at 7:00 Monday morning and was home by 2:30 that afternoon. The surgery was a little longer than expected because Dr. Miles had to repair a hernia before he could get the band on. It has been a little painful. The incisions are a little larger than I was expecting. Kinda freaked me out when I saw them. I still have very little strength. Boy am I a wimp! I was expecting to be back up and about today (thursday)! Oh well, I will take it one day at a time. I go back Monday for Dr. Miles to take out the staples. I have not been hungry yet! That's a good thing!

Hang in there!!!!! I felt the exact same way you do. I'll tell you just like everyone here told me...It will get better! Dont give up. :( :(

anyone know anything about Dr. Snow in Mobile.. Went to his seminar and think he's th ont to do me unless someone can suggest other doctors in Mobile to check-out..

Congrats, bhamguy! Did you know there's a lap-band support group meeting this Saturday from 11-2pm at MCE? It's in the 2nd floor seminar rooms. I plan on going, unless something comes up.

Tami

Hello November Bandsters!!!! Just wanted to update on my progress! I have lost 19 pounds so far. My surgery was November 13. I am back in full swing. I am watching real close what I eat. I have almost overdone it a time or two but the band always lets me know I am fixing to go over the edge!!!!

I am battling head hunger. I find it is really bad at night, around 7:30 and after. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, can anyone give me any pointers as to how to get motivated to excersise! It is so hard!!!

I am also from Alabama. I was banded by Dr. Schmitt on December 18, 2006. I lost 10 pounds the first week. I have not lost anymore. My first fill is January 18, 2007. Is this normal or should I be losing more weight? :help:

losingit07, welcome to the band-wagon! I've always heard that beyond the first week of liquids only, that we aren't expected to lose during the healing phase. Any loss before you have some restriction is a bonus. Dr. Miles told me to avoid sugar and products made from processed, white flour. I also avoid saturated fats like butter, and trans fats, which are in many packaged shelf items in the grocery stores. Stick with modest portions (about 1 c. food per meal, 3 meals per day plus one or two small snacks), and drink at least 8 glasses of Water per day. If you do all that, and get in a little exercise, you probably will lose weight even before you are restricted.

Good luck!

Tami

I am from Mobile, Al. but having the band done in Mexico. Anyone know of places to go for fills that dont charge a fortune? I am having it done

this Fri the 16th.

Cheryl