Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

reflux issues

I am new to this so I don't really know how this works but I have been reading your posts and have found some good information.

Now, I have this problem that has been going on for 2 weeks. My doctor is on vacation and I don't know what to do....I need some help. I am having a horrible time at night, I am not sleeping well, coughing all night, clear foaming stuff comes up my nose and back of my thoart. My thoart is burning and I am not able to keep anything down. Has anyone had this before and what can I do for some comfort until he gets back? I have not slept well and it is really affecting me. thank you all.

Sounds like reflux, a slight unfill will help, some docotors require a complete unfill for a couple of weeks. Definately get in touch with your Dr. and tel lhim of this issue. Reflux is not good for the longevity of the band.

Thank you so much for the info on the reflux....sorry I wasn't online...I am so sick had to try and get some sleep. I feel like sleep deprivation is making me so sick. I am drinking hot tea and broth but it comes up in no time.....I am trying to keep liquids so that I don't dehydrate but it comes up too!

Well, thank you again and I hope to get some sleep soon. I am going to try the recliner tonight maybe sleeping upright a bit will help...thanks again!:cry

This happened to me twice in the last 9 months. Both times i tried to "wait it out" and then had to be completely unfilled for a few days. Get an unfill immediately or at least talk to your dr. With me, no amount of Maalox or Gas X helped. I also had bad back pain.

Thank you, I have a call out to the doctor but he is on vacation until the 12th...will see if his on call doctor can do this....I am miserable....I too am taking Malox and tums, rolaids...you name it I am trying them all for some kind of relief....again, many thanks!

Okay, so you know I have to suggest Aloe Vera juice. And don't drink anything for several hours before bedtime. Also, switch from Tums, etc to an Acid Reducer such as Prilosec or Zantac or Pepcid AC (there's a chewable available in Pepcid AC) and see if that helps.

Definately, a small unfill will help. Keep us posted!

Thank you, I have a call out to the doctor but he is on vacation until the 12th...will see if his on call doctor can do this....I am miserable....I too am taking Malox and tums, rolaids...you name it I am trying them all for some kind of relief....again, many thanks!

I'm glad you called your doctor but please see if the doctor on call can remove some or all of your fill, it's important to your health. Almost 2 weeks ago I was in a car accident and the stress from that accident really made my band close up. It was over 6 weeks since my last fill but I was so stressed out that my band just closed up all together.

Eventually, I was not able to even keep my salva down. When I called my doctor's office they told me he was out of town and to go to the ER and the on-call doctor would be there later, and I did just that. My case is not good but please take care of this ASAP. Once they took 1cc out I had relief instantly, I was a very happy person at that point.

I went back in today and got .5cc put back in and I feel OK but if I need to go back for an until again, I am fine with it. Better safe than sorry.

I had reflux really bad due to swelling the first few weeks. I tried Pepcid AC one night and Zantac the next. It went away really quickly. Don't be afraid to take that. Aloe Vera juice from Walmart is suppose to help as well. Good luck.

Thank you all for the advice...I did try to get to the doctor but to no avail...I am calling my surgeron on Wednesday to see if he can take some of it out.

I am soooo sick and this being the holiday is not helping....but I am taking all of the recommendations and I hope to get some relief soon...thanks to everyone...I really appreciate it.