Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are all you July sleeevers doing?

Hiya Julie,

I was sleeved at beg of July...3rd... down 59lbs and struggling to lose more... but I am starting to come to terms with that.. I hope this isn't the end of the road for me... but as many sing on here... it is a marathon not a sprint!!

I am chuffed with my fitness levels now though and that was one of the reasons I went into this... I wanted to get healthy and strong again, and I feel that I have achieved this to a good degree!!

How far away from goal are you? =]

We sound very close to each other. I have 20 lbs to go. I hope to lose a total of 83 lbs. I started out at 233 and now weigh 169.4. I have felt exactly like you are now. I went up and down within 3 lbs for over a month. I was doing well if I was trying to maintain. But I'm not trying to maintain. I finally broke my stall and have lost 2 lbs in the last week. Hopefully it keeps going down.

Hiya Julie,

I was sleeved at beg of July...3rd... down 59lbs and struggling to lose more... but I am starting to come to terms with that.. I hope this isn't the end of the road for me... but as many sing on here... it is a marathon not a sprint!!

I am chuffed with my fitness levels now though and that was one of the reasons I went into this... I wanted to get healthy and strong again, and I feel that I have achieved this to a good degree!!

How far away from goal are you? =]

We sound very close to each other. I have 20 lbs to go. I hope to lose a total of 83 lbs. I started out at 233 and now weigh 169.4. I have felt exactly like you are now. I went up and down within 3 lbs for over a month. I was doing well if I was trying to maintain. But I'm not trying to maintain. I finally broke my stall and have lost 2 lbs in the last week. Hopefully it keeps going down.

Hey!

Funny you should say about maintaining... when I went to see my surgeon and told him about the very slow loss, he said 'Well you will be able to maintain well' ...!!! Like you though, I ain't done losing yet! He then set me a goal which was lower than my original one, hence the two ticker thing.

Glad that you have dropped again, gives me hope that I might too.

Our starting stats are realy similar aren't they... how tall are you? I am only 5 2!

Oh, and you got sleeved on my wedding anniversary!! =]

Well Happy Annivery on July 16th to you!! I'm 5'7". You've heard people say just keep going. Keep eating Protein. Keep drinking Water. Well, they're right. Keep plugging away. It'll happen. Try to start moving a little more. I do daycare and during naptime I jog in place and in the evenings my husband and I go on walk/jogs.

I had my surgery in Mx so I don't have a Dr. here to help me with anything. I mainly get my support on this website and obesityhelp.com. Kinda sucks that I don't have a dr here but I do go in for my labs and get that checked out.

Hey!

Funny you should say about maintaining... when I went to see my surgeon and told him about the very slow loss, he said 'Well you will be able to maintain well' ...!!! Like you though, I ain't done losing yet! He then set me a goal which was lower than my original one, hence the two ticker thing.

Glad that you have dropped again, gives me hope that I might too.

Our starting stats are realy similar aren't they... how tall are you? I am only 5 2!

Oh, and you got sleeved on my wedding anniversary!! =]

Hi everyone! So just about 2 months to go for the big one year point, got sleeved on the 31st of July. I'm down about 118lbs right now, started at about 358 and now I'm at 240. I'm 6'3" so the 240 is carrying pretty well on my frame. I would like to go down another 10-20 but I have been at 240 for awhile now. Just have to go back to the basics, diet, Water, Protein and EXERCISE! lol.

I'm in Philly right now on business and boy is it easier to fly these days! Gotta love sitting in the seat and not wedging into it! Well hope you all are doing well and keep up the attitudes and the work!

Dickson

Hey, its been a while since I've checked in. Since the last time I've gone only a few more lbs. Got down to 159. Struggling to stay there. Today I'm 163. I seem to hover around 161-162. I still have dreams to get to 150 but I don't think its going to happen. I wake up every day with fresh determination to do really good and seem to only barely maintain. Overall I am happy to be where I am. I went from a size 24 to a 12. I wear size medium and look pretty good. My dh and I are going to Orlando in a couple ofweeks and for the first time in my life will feel sort of attractive. White legs and all. Lol. (I got a spray tan to at least look a little tan.) What about you guys? How's it going for you?

I wonder if there is something about us Sumer of 2010 sleevers that has made us all super slow losers. I will have my 2 yr surgiversary on 14 July 2012 which is only 2 months away and I am 20 lbs away from surgeon's goal, 40 lbs from personal. :(

Hey, its been a while since I've checked in. Since the last time I've gone only a few more lbs. Got down to 159. Struggling to stay there. Today I'm 163. I seem to hover around 161-162. I still have dreams to get to 150 but I don't think its going to happen. I wake up every day with fresh determination to do really good and seem to only barely maintain. Overall I am happy to be where I am. I went from a size 24 to a 12. I wear size medium and look pretty good. My dh and I are going to Orlando in a couple ofweeks and for the first time in my life will feel sort of attractive. White legs and all. Lol. (I got a spray tan to at least look a little tan.) What about you guys? How's it going for you?

Hi Julie6,

I was sleeved July 1st 2010 at 243lbs and as of today I am hovering between 174-177lbs. Well I had a baby 2mths ago but before pregnancy I was 169lbs. I had gone back to wearing my pre-pregnancy size 12, I twas a size 22 pre-surgery. Overall, I am grateful for where I am even though sometimes I feel like I could do better....but what can I say, my metabolism sucks and nothing seems to work.

Hi Slim Missy,

I know what you mean. I never really knew it was going to be this difficult to only maintain. Now I'm up to 171. Ugh!! Trying really hard to get back to 163. That will still be 70 pounds off. How are you eating? Still alot of Protein? I try mostly to do that. Of course the carbs creep in. More than they should. I'm still having trouble with Constipation. Lol . Sorry being so personal. Any suggestions? I used Miralax for a long time then it just stopped working.

Hi Julie6,

I use a natural senna laxative every 3days. I found it at my local Kroger/houston and it keeps me from holding the extra 3lbs waste in....eeewwww I know :angry: !

My OB seems to think its too early out after childbirth for me to set a 165lbs goal.....and since I'm breastfeeding, she advised no strict diet.

Yes I still try to do a high Protein diet...u know, fat free greek yoghurt with peanuts for Breakfast, baked white meat (chicken/turkey) salad for lunch and any kind of Beans for dinner but some days I find myself opening the multigrain cheerios cannister more than twice a day with 2% fat milk. I try to convince myself that adding peanuts to the cheerios makes it appropriate for breakfast lunch and smtms dinner :) .

While I try to keep doughy foods at the barest minimum, (not including pies and cornbread of course :D ) I still have trouble with the density of any wheat product......feels like bricks in my tummy.

I promised myself to take it one day at a time and do better than the previos day by keeping a daily food/snacks diary, we'll see hw that goes.