Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially unbanded and sleeved

Hi everyone! I had my surgery on the 13th to have the band removed and the sleeve put in place. I was doing well the first night and then I came home on Saturday I had a lot of issues with the scar tissue from the lapband (one last "screw you" from the band, I guess) and I couldn't get anything down and I was throwing up blood once I got home. It was because the scar tissue swelled shut and I ended up back at the hospital in the ER and now I'm much better. I feel great now!

This surgery, so far, seems much easier than the lapband, disregarding the initial swelling issues. The pain is less, the gas and bloating is less, and so far I have high hopes.

I did weigh myself, of course, when I got home - down 3 pounds, but that's to be expected on a tight liquid diet.< /p>

I am so happy it's done!

Congrats on your new sleeve!

I was revised on May 3rd and am doing well, too! I feel good and am getting stronger every day! Best wishes to you as you continue to heal!

Cheers~

Barb

Hi everyone! I had my surgery on the 13th to have the band removed and the sleeve put in place. I was doing well the first night and then I came home on Saturday I had a lot of issues with the scar tissue from the lapband (one last "screw you" from the band, I guess) and I couldn't get anything down and I was throwing up blood once I got home. It was because the scar tissue swelled shut and I ended up back at the hospital in the ER and now I'm much better. I feel great now!

This surgery, so far, seems much easier than the lapband, disregarding the initial swelling issues. The pain is less, the gas and bloating is less, and so far I have high hopes.

I did weigh myself, of course, when I got home - down 3 pounds, but that's to be expected on a tight liquid diet.< /p>

I am so happy it's done!

Yay for you! I was so happy when my band was gone!!!!

I have found this recovery to be harder than my lapband recovery, but the sleeve also works about 300% better :-) Real restriction!! The sleeve is so much better and I am so happy for you that you were able to make the transition.

Good luck on the rest of your recovery!

Lara

Hey Gloucester!! I'm very glad to hear you're feeling better today!! :) Congratulations on your new sleeved stomach and for having your band removed. Those will be the first 3 Lbs of many more quickly to pass.

Hugs!!!!!!!!

Congradulations on your new sleeved stomach! The sleeve has, so far, been so much better than the band ever was for me! Sorry for your initial complications but I'm glad to hear that you are doing better now... Hope you have an easy and speedy recovery! :D

Thank you all! :) I am definitely taking the meds on time (something I did NOT do w/the band, which was stupid on my part.) I also had a lot more gas w/the band - did anyone else have that difference?

I'm so happy I can't stop smiling - now that I'm home! :)

Sorry about the scar tissue issues, but a BIG CONGRATS on your sleeve. Sleeve life is awesome! I still can't believe how successful I have been. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and lots of weight loss! :D

You are doing remarkably well!! Congrats to you. I have my revision surgery May 31st and can hardly wait!!

Sorry about the scar tissue issues, but a BIG CONGRATS on your sleeve. Sleeve life is awesome! I still can't believe how successful I have been. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and lots of weight loss! :D

Forgot to add that I have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow about revising. Woot!

Gracey,

How did the appointment go?

I'm logging back in to announce progress - and a stall - and to see if it's "normal". I was losing steadily up until 5 days ago and I'm plataueing (sp?) I knew it was to be expected, but I'm a little bummed it happened so soon. I was at 266 when I had the band removed on May 13 and now I'm at 241. :) I'm in shock at how quickly it came off, but I'm scared at the stall.

What can I do to trigger more weight loss? I'm in the liquid/mushy stage now, and I'm thinking that the change from all liquids confused my stomach! LOL

I'm sorry about the initial problems you were having, but I'm so happy you got your revision and are on the road to recovery!!! Congrats, now you're living the sweet sleeved life!

:cheer2:

Hi Glouc, congrats you're rockin !!!

The answer is, yes your stall is VERY normal. Most folks will experience a stall of sorts at or around the 3rd week out from surgery. Sometimes this stall will last a few weeks. My only advice is to bite the bullet and wait it out. Keep doing your Water and getting your nutrients in. You're doing fine!

Other than that once your weight starts coming off again you will see how fast it does. Hang in there my friend!!!

Awesome - thank you, Ms. Diva! :) That makes me feel better!

I don't take into account the ounces. My digital scale shows the oz, but I only round to the whole number. But, the ounces have been going down, about 2 a day. It's slow, but at least I can get my head around the fact that I AM losing, just very, very small amounts.