Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am VERY VERY PALE!! I am wondering if anyone else is white as a ghost??? Is this normal??

When I went to Walmart today, I took my bp and it was like 110/54 which is very low for me. I felt very light headed and had to go sit in the car. I have been pale since Wednesday (sleeved Monday).

I am taking my Vitamins and drinking my fluids. Moved to full liquids yesterday and mainly having Decaf tea, Isopure, grits, yogurt, sugar free pudding and Unjury chicken broth. I don't have a problem keeping anything down and am doing well with walking.

I did start my period as well on Wednesday and wonder if this is why I am so pale?? As I had just finished having one a week before my surgery and am doing it again! :(

Also, isn't our stomach located on the left?? My main incision is on the right! Just above my belly button to the right! That is the biggest one and the one that hurts the most. I think that is where my stomach was taken from. Does that seem weird??? Just wondering if anyone else's was that way. It burns really bad inside when i walk and when I roll over in bed.

Thanks for listening!

Kelly :rolleyes:

Hi, I felt that way for four days post op. Absolutly miserable ! Call you Dr. If you can! Always better safe then sorry. Any fever? Fluids in and out ok? Deep breathing hurt?

I haven't had any problems with being pale, i have actually had a lot of color. I would think that TOM could contribute to it though. I am not doctor however.

My biggest and most painful incision is also on the right. I had 6 incisions 4 that were like half inch each and another about an inch then the bigger one which was 1.5 inches at most. Last night was the first night I have been able to comfortably roll over in bed, there was a lot of pulling at that location internally. I still can't lay on my stomach.

Sounds normal to me but I might just check in with the doctor's office about how you have been feeling just in case.

I am VERY VERY PALE!! I am wondering if anyone else is white as a ghost??? Is this normal??

When I went to Walmart today, I took my bp and it was like 110/54 which is very low for me. I felt very light headed and had to go sit in the car. I have been pale since Wednesday (sleeved Monday).

I am taking my Vitamins and drinking my fluids. Moved to full liquids yesterday and mainly having Decaf tea, Isopure, grits, yogurt, sugar free pudding and unjury chicken broth. I don't have a problem keeping anything down and am doing well with walking.

I did start my period as well on Wednesday and wonder if this is why I am so pale?? As I had just finished having one a week before my surgery and am doing it again! :(

Also, isn't our stomach located on the left?? My main incision is on the right! Just above my belly button to the right! That is the biggest one and the one that hurts the most. I think that is where my stomach was taken from. Does that seem weird??? Just wondering if anyone else's was that way. It burns really bad inside when i walk and when I roll over in bed.

Thanks for listening!

Hi Kelly

You just had major surgery and your body is adjusting. The anesthetic will also take a toll on you. Try to get in your fluids and Protein and you should be looking and feeling better soon. I was pale, light headed in the beginning and I think I started to feel somewhat normal 4 weeks out. I took a lot of naps in the day which helped a lot. Keep note of everything and if you feel you need to contact your doc then do so for your own piece of mind.

The blood pressure should be reported- that could be of concern.

The right part of our stomachs, the largest part, was removed and pulled out on that side. I am glad my biggest incision is not on top on my new tummy!

I am not pale- but I am very weak and tired. I also don;t have periods anymore so that wont be a factor for me.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Lucky you Meggie!! The period did stop!! So YAY!! I do look a little better today, so I think that was the cause. I am not going to take my bp meds today and see if that helps with the light headedness! My general dr. will get my email in the a.m. and will probably call me.

I know what I am feeling is normal and shouldn't be so impatient, it just makes me feel better to talk to people who have been there!

I am so blessed to have all of you great people to listen and guide me! Thanks!!

Kelly :D

You just had your stomach removed! That could make anyone pale! Take care of yourself. Get enough rest and keep up the recommendations of your Doc and Nut. You will be fine.

Also, just a heads up, if you are in Menopause, you can get pregnant after this surgery! The body releases a bunch of hormones that have been stored in the fat. No Kidding! I was all over, no more hot flashes or anything... and I am flashing all over again. :^( . Double up on your birth control gals....

Some of our meds will need to be changed over time, so talking to your Doc about the BP meds is a good idea.

Thanks for listening!

Yes, our stomach is on the left, but they use multiple trocars to enter the abdomen to perform the procedure. The one on your right lower belly went in at an upward left angle. That is why it seems weird :) Kathe

thanks everyone!! I do intend on speaking to my gp dr. i have an appt on friday and I am sure i will come off my bp meds and have my diabetic meds reduced! YAY!!

feedyoureye, i am 36, so no menopause here! LOL But, good to know!

Thanks!!

Kelly ;)

Kelly -

I too have been a bit flushed since the surgery, but I just chalk it up to what my body has been through - I did get my period (when I shouldnt have) on day 3 after surgery.

My biggest incision is on my left, and like yours it really burns (hurts) when I am up walking around and if I am up and around too long it takes about everything I have out of me. I was told that is because they put a really deep stitch in that incision - not sure why though

If your still having issues with your BP I would talk to your DR tomorrow and see what he says and while you have them on the phone ask why your biggest incision is your right

Hope this helps some :)

I am taking my Vitamins and drinking my fluids. Moved to full liquids yesterday and mainly having Decaf tea, Isopure, grits, yogurt, sugar free pudding and unjury chicken broth. I don't have a problem keeping anything down and am doing well with walking.

Thanks for listening!

Well first off make sure you're taking an Iron supplement, you could be anemic. If you're drinking too MUCH Fluid, your low blood pressure could be a sign that your electrolytes are low. I was on a supervised diet plan that did that to me because I was drinking at least a dozen glasses of Water a day with very little salt. I had to take "shots" of morton's light salt dissolved in warm water to balance that out and it was nasty.