Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ July Chat

Hi folks....here it is....the new thread for our May Crew July Chat.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!! I wish everyone a safe and fun holiday!!!

post-205997-13813133676267_thumb.gif

:clap2: May Band Crew September Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Current Weight: 250 lbs

Goal Weight by 9/13: 220 (-30 pounds to make it an even -50)!

Just found this site last week, but was banded in May. Looks like everyone is doing great. Thanks for the encouragement!

Added New Members

I will continue to update when we have new folks. If I miss you send me an email.

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

health1st

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

Purple Weeble

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

rockinrobyn

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

Sheryl Kay

Alicia521

lighter02

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

debgogos247

ousooner

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe

mama-anna

freebekie

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

Letty

christy668

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

maebeth

BeeJay

AnneFanny

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

tamt

Cinderella

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

Angelator

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

Violetflame

May 19th

Mvpo8961

jessasband

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

towrecovery

May 23rd

jcbydesign

Mystijen

lotsofkids

Scully0325

Ev22

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

Nala

AndreaE

faugrad

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

cookinjillie

cookgal

macs99

Jolyow

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

May27th

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

Wendy_UK

May30th

outdoorgrl

gjray

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

MarionJean

MiniMandy

ashagirl

christgtl

LJC

Laurie Jane

& brother

Well, it's 5 pm and I still have restriction! I keep expecting it to disappear but, so far, so good. In fact, I was so busy today, I forgot to eat! Let's see, the last time that happened was...NEVER! :faint:

Hello Maysters! Ok, to start off my September Challenge -- official weight on the new scale -- 237. Stupid scale....:cry ....I like the old one better. It would have said 232. But at least I have a starting point. That's still 31 lbs from my heaviest and 25 lbs since surgery.....I think. It's rather confusing since I started with one scale and changed to another.

But still that would be 217 by my birthday. :clap2: Wow! I haven't been that low in 10....maybe 15 years! I'll take it. Today was a rather slow exercise day. I did 30 min. on the treadmill. I actually entered in a "program" -- beginning walking -- and did that. I still did over a mile. With HILLS!!!!! Then I did about 20 min. on the circuit. Dr. says to make sure I do weights and that circuit is definitely weights! I started thinking the resistance on the machines were too low, but by the time I finished, my arms and chest and hamstrings were screamin'. :) So I guess it was ok. I'll get measured tomorrow, so that should be interesting. If I still had my old scale, I think this last month would have been around 8-9 lbs. Oh, how I miss that old scale!!!!!:think

Jcby... we have started a Maysters Challenge. My goal is to lose 30lbs by September 13 in time to see Dave Matthews Band. Our plan is to check in with each other often and keep each other accountable. Hope you join in!!

I am starting the challenge today at 252.8lbs and hope to be 222.8 in 10 weeks. Here we go!!

Well, it's 9:30 and I still have restriction! I ate about 1/3 of what I have been having for dinner and am still not hungry. In fact, I have eaten so little today that I am going to have a Protein shake before I go to bed just to get in some extra calories.

Tonight as I was explaining this new restriction to my husband I actually started crying. I am so happy to finallly have the band really working for me! Of course, I am also PMSing so I'm overly emotional anyway.

I just want to encourage all of you May Bandsters who don't have good restriction yet. It makes such a huge difference when you finally get there. Just be patient and you'll make it!

Ok, no more posting about my restriction! I am sure you are all sick of hearing about it by now! :)

Duckie - I went to your blog and can definitely tell a difference, you are looking great! Congrats!!

I'm re-posting my challenge info here so that it will be easier to find! Good luck everyone!

May Band Crew September Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Current Weight: 280 lbs

Goal Weight by 9/13: 260 (-20 pounds to make it an even -50)!

Mini Goal: 07/24/06 (My 35th Birthday :cry! ) - 10 pounds!

Justduckie - You look great! I can really tell a difference from the first to the last picture! Keep up the good work!

Hello May Crew!

I was banded May 25th and I lost 20 pounds in the first 3 1/2 weeks. In the last 12 days since then, I have lost no weight at all and have even seen the scale go up an additional two pounds. I have been doing the Protein shakes along with mushy foods. I have been afraid to go to 100% food for fear of overeating because I feel no restriction so I am hanging onto the Protein drinks. I can't believe I haven't dropped any weight and may have even gained a few pounds with as little calories as I am consuming which I guess is around 800 - 900 calories. HELP.