Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 months out and I am STARVING!!!!

I had a band put in in June of 2008. I did well. I lost 115 pounds in one year. I had port revision in 2009 my port was loose. AND then stalled for a year, no weight loss at all! So last August-2010- I had a band to sleeve conversion. I lost a few pounds on the liquid post and pre op diet and then NOTHING>>>> not one dag on pound.

I try and eat a higher Protein diet, but I do eat a little bread now and fruit, Apples, veggies and meat. I haven't had sugar in 3 years. It's poison! Don't touch it.

I workout 3 to 4 times a week 60 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. I only lift weights occassionally.

ALL my blood work is NORMAL! Yes Vitamins etc...normal..

AND I am STARVING all the time. I have tried everything. I do not have a doctor here as my surgeon has left?? There is no scientific explanation...I eat about 1200 to 1500 calories a day sometimes more somedays less. I really work my butt off at this weight loss and nothing. I am so frustrated I could scream! I don't know what to do and no one has any explanation for it at all. I am kinda missing my band and feel like I am eating too much. I can eat a whole chicken breast at one time (nothing else) a whole sandwhich, etc...I am missing my band....I am considering having it put back in on my sleeve? I am at my wits end here, can anyone out there help me?? I am so alone!!

Hiya bandtoVSG...

You sound really frustrated!! can you give us any further details, starting weight sleeve, how much you want to lose etc

I know it is frustrating when the scales doesn't move... have you tried to shake things upa little... drink more Water? Vary your exercise... that type of thing? There is a five day pouch test that you might be interested in. It sorta re kicks the restriction, I did it once and I found it really helpful!

there are a few revisions on here who might be able to help you... hopefully they will give you some good advise.

Sounds like a plateau. You might try a registered dietician who can help you with your foods. I bet you are losing a bunch of inches with your workouts. Hang in there and don't frustrate yourself!!! It will come off! Those last pounds are the worst ones to lose--they stick like glue!!! RSR53

I had a band put in in June of 2008. I did well. I lost 115 pounds in one year. I had port revision in 2009 my port was loose. AND then stalled for a year, no weight loss at all! So last August-2010- I had a band to sleeve conversion. I lost a few pounds on the liquid post and pre op diet and then NOTHING>>>> not one dag on pound.

I try and eat a higher Protein diet, but I do eat a little bread now and fruit, Apples, veggies and meat. I haven't had sugar in 3 years. It's poison! Don't touch it.

I workout 3 to 4 times a week 60 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. I only lift weights occassionally.

AND I am STARVING all the time. I have tried everything. I do not have a doctor here as my surgeon has left?? There is no scientific explanation...I eat about 1200 to 1500 calories a day sometimes more somedays less. I really work my butt off at this weight loss and nothing. I am so frustrated I could scream! I don't know what to do and no one has any explanation for it at all. I am kinda missing my band and feel like I am eating too much. I can eat a whole chicken breast at one time (nothing else) a whole sandwhich, etc...I am missing my band....I am considering having it put back in on my sleeve? I am at my wits end here, can anyone out there help me?? I am so alone!!

What;s your typical day food and Water intake? please!! the more info the better suggestions.

It sounds like you have lost quite a bit already, which could be why it is hard to lose weight now. I would suggest tracking your calories and carbs just to see exactly how much you are taking in. You may need to try low carbing it or reducing your calories. You also should try changing up your workout routine. Your body can get used to what your are doing and not burn fat. I started the Couch 2 5K program and running is really helping me to lose right now. I hope you can find a doctor to talk to. Sorry things aren't going well. Hopefully things will turn around. I do get a little hunger now at four months out, but I have found eating Protein first really helps keep it under control.

If you can eat a whole sandwich, your doctor must have given you a pretty big sleeve . I am 2 years out and there is no way I could eat a whole sandwich

I don't think you can put a band on sleeved stomach.

You probably do need to track your calories on something like my fitness pal to see how many carbs and calories you're taking in. A lot of people can't lose weight if their carbs are over 30.

As far as your exercise goes, your body does get used to doing the same type of exercise. Sometimes I vary my exercise and I will do 15 minutes on the elliptial

with varying levels of intensity, then alternate between walking fast on an incline and jogging on the treadmill for 15 min. and then do 15 min on the stair master.

I think I've heard that if weight loss isn't succeful with the sleeve that they can actually band the sleeve. I too at 9 months out can eat quite a bit, a whole small sandwich and maybe 1/4 of a chicken breast.

I can only add my experience. I ate 1200-1500 calories in maintenance mode so that seems high to me, but I don't know how much more weight you have to lose. As for quantity, I can eat an entire sandwich because bread is a complete slider food for me, I have to cut away the crust, and it can only be a pb & j sandwich, but if I eat slow, mush it up really well, I can manage an entire sandwich. I struggle with chicken so I still can't eat an entire chicken breast at almost 2 years out.

As for the hungry all day, are you still on a PPI? Do you have reflux symptoms? Are you pushing clear fluids as well? The carbs might be the culprit if your body is sensitive to them. Your body will burn the sugar from carbs instead of fat. I agree with Daisy on exercise, the cardio is great, but it's not building muscle which will burn fat even faster than cardio. Maybe incorporating more weight training will get the scale moving.

Oh boy do I feel your pain! I was banded in 2003, lost 90 lbs, all Fluid removed in 2007 due to severe reflux issues, gained 40 lbs back, sleeved in 2009, lost 15 lbs on liquids, gained all that back and am at the same weight I was when I got sleeved! I'm so mad and feel like there must be a reason for this. I know people just try to help when they say reduce your carbs, but if I could diet, I wouldn't have needed to get half my stomach cut out! I have NO restriction. I can eat a whole sandwich or larger hamburger and be hungry two hours later. I fight hunger all the time and I guess that is why I've "only" gained back 15 lbs since getting sleeved. Yes, I've had all the test to and everything is normal. I hope we find something out! Good luck to you!

Monica

I don't know about banding the sleeve, but the sleeve can be revised to gastric bypass. If I were you I would try shaking things up. Eat different stuff...vary your daily calorie intake, do totally different exercise, even exercise at a different time of day if possible. Then talk to a dietician. Good luck and huggs!