Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We're on our way

Well, it's almost 3:00 am and I'm creeping around the house so as not to wake the family. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to pick up my friend Jane and then we're on our way to the airport. We'll be in Mexico in a few hours. It's hard to believe my date is here at last.

By the time you read this, you'll be banded!!! Yayyyyy!!! congrats!

:clap2: :clap2: :canada: :canada:

Best wishes Devana,

Just think when you read all of these posts it will all be over. I hope you do great and I hope there are no problems with surgery.

Welcome New Bandster

Thank you all for your good wishes. Everything did go very well. I've been back at work for a few days now and every time I get offered something to eat or a coffee or anything like that I just say that I'm on a liver cleanse.

I was a lot more tired and sore than my friend Jane, however she's 10 years younger than me and has a significantly lower BMI. We will be taking out each others stitches at the end of this week.

My elixir/ambrosia is Knudsen's Very Veggie juice. I have it cold or mixed with chicken broth and heated. I'll be able to sustain this liquid diet if I can have that.

Devana

so canadians got to mexico for this....why when we have docs who do it here? how much for mexico and with hotel, plane etc, it must be a fortune.

Cause it's cheaper.

I think the average is about $9000-ish, US. Some places have all inclusive packages, which include flights, surgery, and hotel.

I'm not gonna dismiss it. If I hadn't been able to get enough money together to get it done here, I probably would have too. Like everything, some people have good experiences, and some have bad ones. Do a search for 'mexico' and you'll be able to read lots of threads of peoples experiences.

One thing though, if you were to do it, you would have to make sure you arrange follow-up care here, unless you're prepared to fly back and forth for fills and/or complications. I think I saw somewhere that TLBC charges a flat rate to do fills on 'other drs patients'... can't remember how much though.

I paid just under $8000 Canadian for everything, including the flight. My fills nearby will cost $400 for the first consult and fill and $75 for subsequent fills. The cheapest I could have had it done here was $12,500, not including transportation. So even if I get a thousand dollars worth of fills it's still costing me less. Also, another plus for me was I could do it in Mexico sooner. I spent ages reading and learning, but when I made the decision to do it I didn't want to wait the 2 or 3 months that it takes to get in here.

Devana

Devana, who was your surgeon? Sorry :| I can't quite remember if you've said.

I'm glad to hear all went well and hope you're feeling less sore.

Argon, Jane and I went to Dr Huacuz in TJ. I didn't choose him just because he was the cheapest (6500 US) but because I spent a few hours on the phone with his team and felt pretty good about them.

I am very happy with how things went. Looking forward to my first fill now.

Hey Devana, I'm not implying that you're cheap or anything, eek! Sorry!

Just that, if it were the same price to get it done in MX as it was here, I'm sure people would just opt to stay here, right?