Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANYONE ELSE ADDICTED TO .....

HELLO EVERYONE!

Ok this is embarrassing. But, I have developed this strange addiction to STRING cheese. I absolutely love it. Yesterday, before I knew it.. I had eaten 8 sticks thru out the course of the day. I can chew it up very well and swallow it without getting a stomach ache. I can only eat 2 at a time AT THE MOST. I looked up last night and realized, I had no food all day, just STRING CHEESE!.. Then I couldnt wait to get to my office today to eat some more. Well, though each stick has about 6 grams of protien, no carbs and about 70 calories.. I have read online that they are high in fat. Well, hell, now I feel guilty. Its just strange that I can get this cheese down and I dont get a stomach ache like with other things I try to eat. Am I severely re-tar-TED. or can anyone here relate to STRING CHEEESE. Im not buying anymore cause Im sure it will cause Constipation, if nothing else. but, I sure do LOVE IT! HELP.....!!!!!

You seriously need to kick that addicition LOL....You are going to be horribly constipated!!!! Either don't buy it or buy single sticks so you arent' tempted to eat so much. Also, you need a variety of healthy foods to balance out your diet.

Good Luck

Having one or two cheese sticks a day is great!! I have one a day usually, for reasons you mentioned, low or no carbs and higher-ish protein!! They are one of the fews things that don't make me nauseous and I can eat easier. Don't worry too much about the fat, we get so little food and fat from everything else, and our body's need some fat. Besides they have reduced fat cheese stick that taste just as good in my opinion! While we are on the cheese eating topic, if you like colby-jack cheese, Land O'Lakes sells a package with little individually wrapped cheese slices and they are SOOOO delicious! And same calorie, carb and Protein advantages as the cheese sticks. Try them out!! And protein in general is going to make you have some Constipation, so get your Fiber other ways or use some Miralax when needed!

String cheese, brick cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese you name the cheese and I love it! But I have rationed myself down to 1-2 pieces of cheese a day. Try to include other healthy Snacks and see if you can control the string cheese addiction.

thanks for the responses.. glad to know that others out here loooovvvvveee cheese. Can you guys suggest some healthy Snacks other than cheese as well? im having a hard time planning out food to eat so generally speaking, I just skip eating since Im never hungry anyway. I know this isnt good though. Please, share with me what you guys eat and snack on.

thanks

Diva

thanks for the responses.. glad to know that others out here loooovvvvveee cheese. Can you guys suggest some healthy Snacks other than cheese as well? im having a hard time planning out food to eat so generally speaking, I just skip eating since Im never hungry anyway. I know this isnt good though. Please, share with me what you guys eat and snack on.

thanks

Diva

The amount of fat in one or two sting cheeses a day should not be frowned upon. I snack on cheese every day to give me a small boost in Protein.

Depends on what you are looking for in a snack. Low carbs high Protein? Medium carbs medium protein? Pretty much if I want a protein snack it is cheese. If I have lots of extra carbs left over I will have a small 100 calorie carb snack that is less than 20g of carb. Usually closer to 10g of carb but I do not fret as this is not an everyday occurance.

We're happy to announce the launch of www.SleevePlicationTalk.com ! A new community for pre or post Gastric Sleeve Plication surgery support