Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just 5 days out and wondering if anyone else didn't have problems drinking after surgery. I know I shouldn't complain but I can drink my fluids, eat my Proteins and have a 1/2 C of broth and still want something else. I'm not over doing it other than taking bigger sips than I think I should be able to. This should be a Godsend, right? I am just terrified that this didn't take...I know that's physically impossible but I am a bit concerned. I know I'm having the normal mental cravings but I was expecting nausea and vomiting ( thankful not to have these) I had nausea from the Demerol they gave me in the hospital but none since. Seriously, I know that it is crazy to be this concerned, because I'm doing well, but so many on here seem to have had quiet a few issues. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience and what their long term outcome has been. Thanks all.

I didn't have any problems after surgery--no nausea, no vomiting, no nothing. I was tired and took afternoon naps the first week or so and I could not drink 64 oz of Fluid in a day for about a month, but I managed about 40-48 and was fine. I drank my Protein shakes with no problems. liquids go right through me but I have really good restriction with solids.

I think because this board is a place of support and experience lots of people post about problems they have. Not too many sign on to say, "Everything's fine" as it makes dull reading. I have had an uneventful recovery and for a lightweight, I am very pleased with my weight loss. I am 15 weeks out from surgery and I am more than halfway to goal.

I think the complaints get the most press because we feel so desperate :-)

Consider yourself lucky and stick to your post-op instruction. You'll find moving to real food changes the game. The restriction is completely different.

So happy to hear you are recovering well!

Lara

I've never had a problem getting my liquids in which I think is key to a successful recovery. I asked my surgeon "why" i'm not having any issues and he looked at me like I was crazy. I explained to him some of the problems i'd read about on line and he was really surprised.

He said a normal recovery should be just that. NORMAL..... He said he could have made the restriction smaller for faster weight loss but the complications that arise are not worth it.

I often feel guilty that i've had such an uneventful recovery. My weight loss has been consistent so far (avg. 2-3 per week) with the normal 3rd week stall.

When I really started realizing my restriction was when I started eating solids. I love it.... I can go out with my friends and family to a restaurant and have a few bites of meat and "pow" i'm done.

I love that i have no problems with liquids because drinking Water is such a key to successful weight loss.

Considere it a good sign of things to come. biggrin.gif

Thank you all. I guess your right that most don't post when there are no problems to speak of. I think this is my old fear of failing at another diet, I guess I need a new attitude huh! Good luck to us all!!

Hi Cherrybell-

You are not alone! Like 2bslimkim and Foxbins, I never had any struggles with liquids. Actually, I haven't struggled with reintroducing foods either. I've yet to have a situation where anything didn't agree with me or I was unable to get the day's worth of Protein in. Like you, it scared the hell out of me. I think I even put up a post similar to yours!

To day is my two month anniversary for being sleeved and I've managed to lose almost 50 pounds so the lack of struggles with food and liquid must not be much of a problem. :D

Like the others, I also sometimes feel guilty when I see how much others are struggling. I am just going to thank the good Lord for this small blessing and keep on doing what I am supposed to.

Best of luck on your journey!

Amanda

Im a bit over 3 weeks out and started eating soft foods. I can eat 6 oz of crabmeat no problem. It freaks me out that I have a bigger stomach than most. I feel satisfied but not full per say. Oh well....it is what it is and 6oz is better than eating a half a pizza or a hoagie or GIANT turkey dinner!! LOL