Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to hear from March sleevers on how they are doing...

I was sleeved on March 16. I have had really good weight loss (until this week). It is my first week to have solid foods. I have been very, very lucky that I haven't gotten sick on anything.

I am a little bit at a loss as what to eat. I am trying to keep the carbs down, (and this is a struggle...I sure can't figure out how anyone stays under 30 carbs.)

I also haven't felt a restriction yet. I haven't lost any weight since I started the solid food, and of course, that makes me very nervous. Not sure if it is just because of the change in diet or a little stall or what...

Would love to hear from the other March Sleevers and see how everyone is doing. I would love to hear about successes...complications...tips that you want to share...etc.

I was sleeved March 16th also!! I have lost 38 pounds so far, so pretty close to where you are.

I manage to stay under 30 carbs or just about that intake each day by having two Protein Shakes a day and one small Protein filled dinner. Meaning a cheese stick and a few slices of turkey or other meat. I am on solids and have had no issues with any of what I have eaten. I feel lots of restriction when I eat after about 3 ounces of anything dense. But if it's carbs I can fit a lot more in, so I am careful of them!!

I have over eaten a few times and had horrible stomach aches. My head is yet to catch up still, but slowly coming around to the fact that I just simply do not eat the portion sizes that I used to. But I am kind of glad for the experiences I have had with the stomach aches or just feeling sick when I eat something with just too much sugar or carbs as it is a reinforcement for my head not to do it again.

I had a stall around week 3, increased calories and carbs for a few days then went way back down like the guidelines suggest and broke out of it pretty easy. Plus, I put the scale away!! I only weigh once a week or sometimes once every two weeks! Ensures that I will see a loss no matter what for when I do step on.

Anyway, congrats so much on the weight loss!! You are doing great it sounds like so far so keep up the great work!

Hey March sleevers!

I was on the 28th and moving right along with ya! In addition to the scale, I took measurements and have lost a total of 42.75 inches!!! This is so exciting, I decided to overhaul my closet yesterday and have a huge pile of clothes that no longer fit!

Figuring the food and liquid thing is a bit challenging for sure! I just moved from mushies to somehwat solids this week and it's so hard to get all my liquids in and I know I'm not even close to 60 g of Protein. Not sure how to get all the liquids in if I'm supposed to wait 90 min after eating to drink again. This is what i did yesterday:

B: 1 scrambled egg with 2 tbsp milk and 1/8 c cheese, spices

L: 1/4 c tuna salad with 1 tbsp mayo, 1tbsp mustard, a little olive juice, spices

D: 1/2 c potato Soup (which made me feel a bit sick, not super full, just needed to lie down)

S: 1/4 c shredded chicken topped with cheese (this was the insides of a enchilada w/ white sauce)

The eggface blog and the South Beach diet book have some really great low-carb recipes!

I did go to my first bbq party last night too: I ate before I went and drank Water w/lime all night watching my friends eat and drink...wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and was good to be out and socializing again!!

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved March 7th. I do feel restriction, I can barely eat 3 ounces of anything. I do eat some vegetables not a lot. I still do one Protein shake a day. I am unable to eat anything in the am. I have major restriction first thing. I can only drink 3 sips of coffee and I'm done. I too have hit a stall. I am not too worried about it. I started weight training the latter part of last week. So I'm hopeful this will break my stall. I have also included some extra Protein in my daily intake. It doesn't bother me to see other people eat Pasta, breads or anything to that nature. I have counted carbs since I was able to eat chicken or tuna. My daily carb intake is 20 grams or less. Depending on what I take to work for lunch. I do try to eat almost 1/2 cup of chobani plain yogurt sweetened with splenda on a daily basis. I do eat 12 almonds which is half a serving. So I just cut the calorie and carb per serving in half. I document everything on my IPhone. When I get home I put everything in my journal. Every carb counts. Even the carbs in the multi Vitamin and the two pieces of SF gum I chew a day. I feel confident that I will be successful and not even a nasty little stall will overcome my determination to succeed. :)

Just want to wish everyone great success with their journey.

Deb

Good morning! I was sleeved also on March 16th. I've lost 27 lbs since surgery. SW 272. CW 245. Lost 20 lbs before surgery for a total of 47 lbs and people are taking notice. :rolleyes: Typical things that I am now eating include shrimp, healthy crackers and laughing cow low fat cheese, toast with ff american cheese, plain greek yogurt, ff cottage cheese, cream of wheat with a little extra choc whey (tastes like coco wheats). fish, etc. I track everything I eat on Sparkpeople.com. Love the website. I also track my exercise there. I've never had a problem getting in at least 60-70 Protein and I usually eat 50-90 carbs/day. Walking about 10-14 miles/week. I have a walking partner at work and if we walk on our one hour lunch break a couple of times a week, it is easy to get in 6-7 miles just at work. I've challenged myself to lose 35 lbs by July 4th (10 weeks away.) Good luck to you all.....Until next time.....

Cheryl