Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Easter Bunnies Cheating?

I am sorry to admit that as I filled my three children's baskets, I ate one small chocolate marshmallow egg. I chewed well and let it melt, but I know I didn't need it :( This time last year though, I would have sampled everything- jellybeans, Hershey's kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter eggs, Peeps, etc. and would have went to bed sick to my stomach from all of the sugar. Anybody else?

No cheating yet.....had a strategy. I did not get my daughter any candy this year (inside our house). She went to an egg hunt today and got a few pieces of candy that we let her have and eat there. If its not in the house....you won't eat it.

YES count me in :(...super last minute shopper, and costco and Target were sold out of Easter baskets, so I decided to make one.

I bought the basket at Target and starting filling it up (bad mistake)...started picking out the candy and came across my favorite jelly Beans, so I bought a pack for myself :( and ate a whole bunch. Not feeling sick, but shouldn't have ate all that candy.

BADLY. Story of my life lately. *sigh* :huh:

BADLY. Story of my life lately. *sigh* :huh:

OK but tomorrow is a new day :)...and you are doing AMAZING!!!! Close to goal. We have come to far to turn back now right?

For the fist time since Novemeber, Yes I cheated. I had some Jelly Beans, a small rice Krispie treat and some sweet tart candies. NOW I AM DONE! I have a healthy turkey meal planned tomorrow with no carbs.

I guess its a matter of opinion, and perspective.

I've not cheated, BUT I have had some easter egg chocolate, I had the sleeve because it allows me most things in moderation sould I want them.

For the first time in 12 years my husband bought me an easter egg, so last night we shared it, I enjoyed what I had, but don't have a burning desire for any more, and yes this time last year I would have bought dozens of eggs for my kids because I'd have eaten loads in the run up to easter, and then had to replace them all!!

Did I cheat? I don't think so. Will I get to goal in record time by allowing myself a little slack occasionally? Probbly not. Do I feel guilty? Hell No!!!

Look at the distance we have all travelled in order to be able to approach something like easter with moderation, it is fantastic, so don't beat yourself up for living a little, relax, enjoy, move on.

Happy easter.

xx

everything in moderation right? Im too early out to cheat, but I might pop a jelly bean in if I could :blink:

You guys who are saying you've cheated are too hard on yourselves. I think that as long as you're beyond your healing stage, a few pieces of candy isn't going to hurt. We all know that complete deprivation of certain foods only leads to sabotage so I don't see anything wrong with allowing yourself to indulge a LITTLE, especially during the holidays. So what if you had a couple pieces of candy today. Walk a few extra minutes or eliminate something else from what you're eating for lunch or dinner to help compensate if that makes you feel better. It's not the end of the world as long as you don't go overboard (i.e. make a daily habit of it). My surgery was only a few weeks ago, so I can't partake today, but that doesn't mean that I'm not saving up a few little sweet treats to savor when the time comes! The difference is that it will be 2 or 3 pieces and not a whole bag!!!! Happy Easter everyone!!

I've not cheated, BUT I have had some easter egg chocolate, I had the sleeve because it allows me most things in moderation sould I want them.

For the first time in 12 years my husband bought me an easter egg, so last night we shared it, I enjoyed what I had, but don't have a burning desire for any more, and yes this time last year I would have bought dozens of eggs for my kids because I'd have eaten loads in the run up to easter, and then had to replace them all!!

Did I cheat? I don't think so. Will I get to goal in record time by allowing myself a little slack occasionally? Probbly not. Do I feel guilty? Hell No!!!

Look at the distance we have all travelled in order to be able to approach something like easter with moderation, it is fantastic, so don't beat yourself up for living a little, relax, enjoy, move on.

Happy easter.

xx

love this answer!

and no i havent cheated...this is my first day of mushies...so too soon to cheat

but visions of cadbury chocolate or a reeses egg dancing in my head biggrin.gif

You guys who are saying you've cheated are too hard on yourselves. I think that as long as you're beyond your healing stage, a few pieces of candy isn't going to hurt. We all know that complete deprivation of certain foods only leads to sabotage so I don't see anything wrong with allowing yourself to indulge a LITTLE, especially during the holidays. So what if you had a couple pieces of candy today. Walk a few extra minutes or eliminate something else from what you're eating for lunch or dinner to help compensate if that makes you feel better. It's not the end of the world as long as you don't go overboard (i.e. make a daily habit of it). My surgery was only a few weeks ago, so I can't partake today, but that doesn't mean that I'm not saving up a few little sweet treats to savor when the time comes! The difference is that it will be 2 or 3 pieces and not a whole bag!!!! Happy Easter everyone!!

love it!

I've been known to enjoy a sweet now and again. Usually a chocolate. I don't seem to have the inability to stop after one that I used to have. (I am saying a prayer to the great chocolate god right now) If I can keep that current moderation ability in place, chocolate and I will get along just fine. If not... it will have to be D-I-V-O-R-C-E. For now... if mom gives me a chocolate egg... I might just have to eat it (over a week or two). I know the sleeve is working... about three weeks ago I picked up a little reeses caramel cup at an art show opening... I took a bite, put the rest in my purse, and threw it away two weeks later. Believe me, if it had been before the surgery... It could have been in there 6 months, and I would have eaten it anyway!

Happy easter.

xx

I love your answer, Cludgie. It's where I hope to be. I want to have emotional peace with food, but whenever I eat somethng sweet or extra fatty, I feel like I'm "cheating." However, I know that in the past, that guilt has actually CAUSED me to binge because I feel like I've "blown it" and I'm a terrible person and a failure, so I just give up and eat whatever I want because I'm going to fail anyway, right? So I deliberately went out and bought a small chocolate bunny for myself. I've nibbled at it slowly this week, and I still have some left. I did this to help me to break my bingeing/guilt cycle around treats, and I think it mostly worked! I didn't lose as much weight this week because of it, but I feel like it was important for me to have a treat and not feel total guilt over it.

I love your answer, Cludgie. It's where I hope to be. I want to have emotional peace with food, but whenever I eat somethng sweet or extra fatty, I feel like I'm "cheating." However, I know that in the past, that guilt has actually CAUSED me to binge because I feel like I've "blown it" and I'm a terrible person and a failure, so I just give up and eat whatever I want because I'm going to fail anyway, right? So I deliberately went out and bought a small chocolate bunny for myself. I've nibbled at it slowly this week, and I still have some left. I did this to help me to break my bingeing/guilt cycle around treats, and I think it mostly worked! I didn't lose as much weight this week because of it, but I feel like it was important for me to have a treat and not feel total guilt over it.

Your slower loss may not have had anything to do with the bunny! You sound like you are doing just fine. Moderation in action.

Does popcorn count? :( Hubby took me to the movies for my bday yesterday and I had probably a handful during the movie. But I stopped and let him finish the bag and said that was my bday cake :P